Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching my life fall apart for the 2nd time...I don't know how much longer I can put up with everything. I know I shouldn't be complaining about anything because I am blessed in so many ways but I just really dont understand why I have the luck I have. I honestly cant do anything right.:disapointed:

Hang in there buddy and like cookie said, things do turn around even though they look insurmountable in the storm. Get on a regular exercise program and you will not believe how it reduces stress and anxiety. It really works better than anything the doc can give ya. Also you need to realize that it is not you causing your bad luck but maybe the man down stairs :devil: causing the crap in your life. My very favorite thought from the good book is that the man upstairs does not cause you to fear (timid) but have power, love, and be of a sound mind! Believe that and kick the bad thoughts (guy) out of your life and things will change. Our prayers are with ya!

Hope you got home CB! That completely sucks when that crap happens.

On a completely different note: why wasn't I informed that there are scorpions in Georgia?!! Just killed one in my bedroom and I'm so freaked out by it, I may not sleep in there tonight.

They have a tendency to live in wood piles. So be careful just going through firewood

No one brought home any leftovers.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I've had the worst head cold since Wednesday. I've been on all sorts of medicine and it's made for a very exhausting Thanksgiving break. I have no appetite and I've had a tough time tolerating some of Erin's family members. Her step mom's brother, he talks my ear off every time I'm around him. He's from Indiana, so he's a massive Colts fan. I made fun of how much they sucked. He was a good sport about it. He goes to their training camps and all that, he's pretty hard core. Seems like everyone up there wants Andrew Luck. He was even saying that most people wouldn't mind seeing the Colts trade Peyton in order to get even more depth to go along with Luck. I have a hard time believing that.

I've had the worst head cold since Wednesday. I've been on all sorts of medicine and it's made for a very exhausting Thanksgiving break. I have no appetite and I've had a tough time tolerating some of Erin's family members. Her step mom's brother, he talks my ear off every time I'm around him. He's from Indiana, so he's a massive Colts fan. I made fun of how much they sucked. He was a good sport about it. He goes to their training camps and all that, he's pretty hard core. Seems like everyone up there wants Andrew Luck. He was even saying that most people wouldn't mind seeing the Colts trade Peyton in order to get even more depth to go along with Luck. I have a hard time believing that.

You have to wonder if the magnitude of suck the colts have been this year have overshadowed everything Peyton has done? If I am Luck, with the shape that team is in, I'm not sure if I want to go. Talk about some pressure to preform right away.

I took all the Thanksgiving dinner spread pictures on my camera but have no internet to post the pics.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thanks guys. It's nice to know that I have everyone here.

i just finished cleaning my clubs after playing turkeyday mudball
my pw has a very noticeable chip
looks like my club met a rock before it met my ball
it had to be off of grass cuz if im in a crap spot i usually use my get out of jail old crusty 3h... roots, rocks, pine straw, sketchy lies
dang that sucks

I went and surprised my girlfriend for thanksgiving. But then I receive a call that the person who was covering my shift, bailed on it. So I call everyone I can last night, and no one can take it. Fine- I drive home at 330 am and get home in time to work at 330pm, no big deal.

I drive 8 hours, then get a message that my shift is covered. I could've spent the day with my girlfriend, and because my shift could've been covered, she was going to come up. But that didn't work out because of this fiasco.

I drove 20 hours overnight both times to spend 16 with my girlfriend, and she couldn't come up for the rest of the weekend. All because my boss refused to listen to me on the phone in the first place.

Ah well. It was nice to surprise her and she had a great thanksgiving.

Hope you got home CB! That completely sucks when that crap happens.

On a completely different note: why wasn't I informed that there are scorpions in Georgia?!! Just killed one in my bedroom and I'm so freaked out by it, I may not sleep in there tonight.

Watch out on the golf course MaryC, we have 6 poisonous snakes in Georgia and 3 poisonous spiders and they pretty much can be anywhere.

Head up concept. Take it from someone who has had more ups and downs than an ekg monitor, keep moving brother and never give up on yourself.

Suckage thainer!!

My mini rant, hit 4 hybrid into a 157 yard par 3 today, thanks to the wind I came up 10 yards short. I'm tired of playing in this wind.

--
tapatalk

I went and surprised my girlfriend for thanksgiving. But then I receive a call that the person who was covering my shift, bailed on it. So I call everyone I can last night, and no one can take it. Fine- I drive home at 330 am and get home in time to work at 330pm, no big deal.

I drive 8 hours, then get a message that my shift is covered. I could've spent the day with my girlfriend, and because my shift could've been covered, she was going to come up. But that didn't work out because of this fiasco.

I drove 20 hours overnight both times to spend 16 with my girlfriend, and she couldn't come up for the rest of the weekend. All because my boss refused to listen to me on the phone in the first place.

Ah well. It was nice to surprise her and she had a great thanksgiving.

That is sucky Thainer, at least the last sentence was good.

That straight up sucks Thainer. I hope something goes your way soon.

I went to Golfsmith to check out the new Cleveland Black driver and they didn't have it. Then the guy (who has been very knowledgable in the past) told me that Cleveland isn't coming out with anything new until February. I argued with him for a while, then he decided to look it up online and found out he was wrong. He then proceeded to ask me my HC (6.9) and told me this club wouldn't work for me anyways. Just based on my HC, not a single swing/fitting/anything. He knew nothing about the driver and nothing about me, but somehow knew the driver wasn't good for my game. Idiot.

Its things like that, that I will never understand. I had that happen to me once at a store and then asked for the manager. I did it politely and without throwing the sales person under the bus because frankly that is not my job. However I proceeded to explain to the manager the disservice that people were getting provided due to the constant steering towards equipment that was ill fitting. That shafts are not all created equally and that asking someone's handicap is not indicative of what clubs they should play solely.

He actually thanked me and ended up playing in some of our mens group rounds during hte rest of the year. He was a nice guy and got quite an education from those in the league. Whether that continued on to his employees or the store is anybody's guess, but I had had enough at that time.

I went to Golfsmith to check out the new Cleveland Black driver and they didn't have it. Then the guy (who has been very knowledgable in the past) told me that Cleveland isn't coming out with anything new until February. I argued with him for a while, then he decided to look it up online and found out he was wrong. He then proceeded to ask me my HC (6.9) and told me this club wouldn't work for me anyways. Just based on my HC, not a single swing/fitting/anything. He knew nothing about the driver and nothing about me, but somehow knew the driver wasn't good for my game. Idiot.

I hate salespeople like that!!! Learn your product!!!

Wow. Just wow. This just shows how often consumers are sold vs fit into an item. It's kind of disheartening when you think about it.

--
tapatalk

Exactly guys. I wasn't planning on purchasing (even of they had it) but he doesn't know that. He very well could have just blown an easy $400 sale. Also, how in the heck does he know that it isn't the right club for me. Because its light weight and I'm below a 10 HC (his words). Ten bucks says he would've tried to get me into a R11 or 910 driver had I not left. Not that they are bad, but who knows if they are right for my game/swing without fitting? Just pisses me off.

Its things like that, that I will never understand. I had that happen to me once at a store and then asked for the manager. I did it politely and without throwing the sales person under the bus because frankly that is not my job. However I proceeded to explain to the manager the disservice that people were getting provided due to the constant steering towards equipment that was ill fitting. That shafts are not all created equally and that asking someone's handicap is not indicative of what clubs they should play solely. He actually thanked me and ended up playing in some of our mens group rounds during hte rest of the year. He was a nice guy and got quite an education from those in the league. Whether that continued on to his employees or the store is anybody's guess, but I had had enough at that time.
QFT.I can tell you, looking at my handicap you would have no idea that I actually hit player style woods and hybrids better than most super forgiving models. The closed faces and added offset only exacerbate my natural draw. However, if I walked into a place that had this policy, they would have me trying the latest 1 inch of offset, super anti slice model.

You have every right to be frustrated. No matter how educated you are about a product you still take input from someone who's sole job is to help you.

Exactly why I deal with one person everytime I purchase new. Trust.

--
tapatalk

Photobucket sucks.

People who drive up to the tee box after They finish the previous hole. That grinds my gears.

Watching the World Cup and Gmac is playing a Callaway Driver. I thought he was a Cleveland/Srixon guy

Watching the World Cup and Gmac is playing a Callaway Driver. I thought he was a Cleveland/Srixon guy

I've seen that as well before this week. I find it pretty weird as well.

I've seen that as well before this week. I find it pretty weird as well.

I thought he had to play Cleveland drivers, guess not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back