TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Irons Preview

Are these going to be a replacement for the Burner irons? They seem pretty close to the 2.0s but that I read where the burner line would still be kept around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If these are better than the 2.0's that would be impressive. That would mean a ton of distance, forgiveness, and accuracy. What more could you want?

If these are better than the 2.0's that would be impressive. That would mean a ton of distance, forgiveness, and accuracy. What more could you want?

Exactly why these have me so intrigued!

Are these going to be a replacement for the Burner irons? They seem pretty close to the 2.0s but that I read where the burner line would still be kept around.

I think like everything we will see Burners in stores, but if I am a betting man, I would think RBZ replaces 2.0.

Exactly why these have me so intrigued!

They should have everyone super intrigued. They could be amazing. I hope they are, because that would make the name awesome.

I think like everything we will see Burners in stores, but if I am a betting man, I would think RBZ replaces 2.0.

All signs point to that, and the looks, design and tech in the RBZ seems like a progression on the 2.0s. That has me excited, looking forward to hearing more on these.

Really want to see some more pictures of a full set, especially to see with how the described the size of the club heads progressing from the long irons to short irons.

Lots of interesting tech going into these. I'm interested in the "toe bar" mostly as dispersion with most SGI irons is a bit iffy to me. Seems like TM put together an extremely nice iron and wrapped it in the most horrendous aesthetic package that they could possibly come up with.

For them to be a reasonable color?

For them to be a reasonable color?

See, TaylorMade!!!! Even a gentleman who goes by the username Toad doesn't like your silly green paint scheme!!!

I like the modern lines on these. It looks like they put a ton of R & D into these and if they perform like I saw the R11's perform, they will certainly capture the attention of alot of golfers. The name really lends itself to some harsh name calling and criticism but I would suspect that the performance will back up the name.

From what I've heard from the 2.0 users...if these things out perform those..TM has really got something. I'd like to hit em to see for myself. I still think TM went a little "out there" with the RocketBallz name, even if they got it from R&D...but hey, there's no argument that the people at TM are smarter than me when it comes to marketing. :D

They look somewhere between 2.0 and Nike Machspeed to me. I quite like the green accenting, but I'm struggling to think that anyone would like the name.

Just walking into the golf store and asking to see the RocketBallZ? Think I'll be asking to see the RBZ's instead!

They look somewhere between 2.0 and Nike Machspeed to me. I quite like the green accenting, but I'm struggling to think that anyone would like the name.

Just walking into the golf store and asking to see the RocketBallZ? Think I'll be asking to see the RBZ's instead!
I think that is what most will be using.

See, TaylorMade!!!! Even a gentleman who goes by the username Toad doesn't like your silly green paint scheme!!!
Good point!:D
My aversion to the color green goes back to my time in a certain squadron in the Air Force. To save you from an interesting history lesson, I'll just say, VERY famous, VERY successful fighter squadron (F-4s, F-15s, F-16s) that usually generates a very "special" sort of leadership. Their color is green. Every time I see it, I think of those dark days. Leadership was awful. The people I worked with and the things we accomplished were top notch, but the bosses ruined it.

Besides, neon green just doesn't look right, does it?

I like the looks of this line a lot. Im worried my wallet will be hurting when all this RBZ stuff comes out.

Thumbs down on the name. Also EVERY year they say they have gotten longer. Not sure about most but I like my irons to play to certain yardages not just buy something "longer".

"“Without a doubt, the new RocketBallz iron will be an improvement over any other iron in a golfer’s bag,” That's a pretty bold statement coming from TM. Can't wait until someone on here gets their hands on them and writes up a review.

I'm not too sure how much I like the name, but the irons look fantastic.
I would love to test them out against my Burner 2.0's.

I've seen 2 versions of these of these irons. 1 in a fairly dark colour like the burner 2.0 and another in grey/silver. Are the darker ones the max version? They look ok, the grey/silver ones are very cheap looking.

Will they offer a combo set with the hybrids?

Tapatalk

I have been looking for a 3 iron to complement my Burner 2.0 set - think this might be just what I'm looking for!

They are nice for sure....but meh, im not sold. How much longer do you want to hit a PW???? I game the Taylormade MC's and 140 PW is MORE than enough for me. Caveat Emptor....

D

I could use a little more distance and would love to be able to take a lesser club at times. Matched with a RBZ hybrid / FW configuration. Could be great.

I called TM Customer service last week and they told me that the Burner line will be replaced by the RBZ line. The gentleman that I spoke with said he has hit the RBZ irons in graphite and steel and said the graphite irons were "sickly" long. He also told me that he has played golf for a long time and has never hit a set of irons as good as these. I also spoke with a rep and he said these clubs are longer than the 2.0's.
I tried to order a set in graphite, 2 degrees flat but was told that they are only taken orders for standard sets at this time. Custom orders can be ordered after january, 1.

Back