TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Irons Preview

This is what Brett Wahl told me when I asked him the difference between the Burner 2.0 and the RBZ irons:

The RBZ irons are longer, straighter, and feel better than B2.0. Not bad, considering the popularity and breakthrough performance of the B2.0 (currently the number one selling iron on and off course). To accomplish this, we looked at each iron individually and considered how we could make it perform better. In the long irons (3,4,5), a new hollow-body construction was used similar to our metalwoods to increase ball speed and distance significantly while maintaining high flight. Mid irons are cavity-backs with ultra-thin faces providing high COR and improved accuracy and forgiveness. Short irons and wedges have been designed to be more playable and controllable, with the AW, SW, and LW being more bladelike, and incorporating our new ATV versatile sole design for better shot-making. Two other new technologies are used in RBZ as well. Acoustic dampers are present internally in the long irons, and in the undercut of the mid/short irons which absorb vibration making them feel fantastic. Also the toe-bar stabilizer and redesigned ICT help to control face flexion, allowing our highest COR structures to be straighter and more accurate. Hope this helps you. - BW

Great info Sean. I'm sure allot of THPers are on stand by waiting for these to hit the stores. Me included

It isn't unreasonable to think that the new line will be both longer and more accurate than the last line which wouldn't contradict their marketing from the last line.
That being said there is only so many times their marketing departments say the same thing about their new line before people wonder why they can't drive their 6 iron to within 2 feet of the hole on a par 4. They need to start being careful about the claims they are making.

It is effective marketing though, I still want to try them.

I agree that they could certainly do it, though I am curious as to what degree. Like many people, I still have my 2.0 6 iron and it would be interesting to see some numbers comparing the two.

I agree that they could certainly do it, though I am curious as to what degree. Like many people, I still have my 2.0 6 iron and it would be interesting to see some numbers comparing the two.

I have the 6I as well. I'm normally not a TM iron guy but the RBZ's are pretty sweet.

I have the 6I as well. I'm normally not a TM iron guy but the RBZ's are pretty sweet.

They do sound pretty sweet, I am anxious to see more out of them. I really want to see how they compare to the 2.0s, but also want to see them next to the R11 irons.

Longer, straighter and the long irons are easier to hit? Sign me up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really wanting a new set of irons some kind of bad, but with these coming out beginning of February and my birthday being middle of February, I think it may just be meant to be :D

Any word that these will come in a hybrid combo set? That could seal the deal!

My wife got me 2 TaylorMade Lab fittings so I am wanting to hit these. I will do a iron and driver fitting but will most likely go with another OEM for driver. I still play the R7 irons and love the R11 but if the RBZ irons perform than I am sold.

Vince that sounds fun

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

My wife got me 2 TaylorMade Lab fittings so I am wanting to hit these. I will do a iron and driver fitting but will most likely go with another OEM for driver. I still play the R7 irons and love the R11 but if the RBZ irons perform than I am sold.

Wow, 2 TM lab fitings sounds sweet! Curious though; why do you think you may go with a different OEM than TM for a driver? DO you have previous launch monitor results that lead you to a certain driver or is it a brand preference thing?

Wow, 2 TM lab fitings sounds sweet! Curious though; why do you think you may go with a different OEM than TM for a driver? DO you have previous launch monitor results that lead you to a certain driver or is it a brand preference thing?

I have zero LM stats to compare, I keep reading the Cleveland reviews and they just seem to be what I am looking for. I game the 2.0 Superfast and just struggle with it. One thing I will be open minded and if they find the right head/shaft combo that works I will buy it. Driver is the worst part of my game so I really want to try everything I can concerning tee shots, I need all the help I can get.

These things are god awful (to look at). I'll wait for the 2013 line which may very well be in development with the code name cockmizzle.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

After seeing those heifer Cobra AMP irons these look down right sexy.

BUt the AMP's have cool colors and stuff, LOL

Most of the comments in the AMP thread go something like this: "I really dont think they look too bad" which means this: "If someone gave them to me for free Id game them". They're orange.

Most of the comments in the AMP thread go something like this: "I really dont think they look too bad" which means this: "If someone gave them to me for free Id game them". They're orange.

Totally agree. Complete fluff. "they look great, I'd hit them". Uh, yeah, if they're at demo day or seeded to you, but I can assure you that no one goes out of their way to find them to hit them. Not a chance.

Totally agree. Complete fluff. "they look great, I'd hit them". Uh, yeah, if they're at demo day or seeded to you, but I can assure you that no one goes out of their way to find them to hit them. Not a chance.

Yup yup. Orange lipstick on a pig doesnt make it hawt.

These things are god awful (to look at). I'll wait for the 2013 line which may very well be in development with the code name cockmizzle.

After seeing those heifer Cobra AMP irons these look down right sexy.

Now that is some funny stuff right there.

I may if I get new irons. To me they are one of the best-looking irons out there. I doubt I'll get new irons before I see something else I like, but it's possible. I really like the placement of the number. It catches my eye. But this is for another thread.

I do not like these irons as much as the AMP irons.

Yup yup. Orange lipstick on a pig doesnt make it hawt.

I guess it depends on if you're a high school'er or not.

LOL @ lipstick on a pig

I guess it depends on if you're a high school'er or not.

LOL @ lipstick on a pig

Speaking of...lol

I think both these and the Amp irons are pretty hideous. If you took the Orange out of the Amp irons I would prefer those look wise, but the orange pushes them over the top.

I am a huge TM fan... But after hearing about the name and the dropping of the Burner line for something called "Rocket Ballz" I was shocked... RBZ is a good name but finding out it stood for Rocket ballz was I think a huge mistake. They took a Line and made it look too kiddy for me... I had the Burner 2.0 irons and those were aggressive looking and a bomber club... the colors were done right and screamed TM... I went away from them cause I wanted more control. I was going to go with the CB's but went with the AP2's... bottom line I love Taylormade but I feel like its going over board trying to pump out equipment too fast... when most folks finally get enough cash for one thing the next thing pops up. SLOW DOWN!

I just got 5 pre order emails. I even saw a combo set, however I want a different setup.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Back