What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you feel, but these guys are legit. I hear that JB apparently has a Faxon-esque short game.
All of these 70's rounds make my 90's seem pretty pathetic

I guess all that matters to me is I enjoy the game... Not to mention I have got to enjoy it so much more the last 3 rounds watching my partner squirm after talking so much crap and then shooting in the 110's

Ok, I'll post it. 80 today. Windy, missed some easy putts, crowded, slow play. Did I miss anything. Still was great. Went out today and played with a friend that last year I don't think he could break 110. I talked him into taking some lesson last winter, from the instructor In was using, and he has been practicing some. I was impressed. He shot 86 today. See, not everyone shoots in the 70's.

All of these 70's rounds make my 90's seem pretty pathetic

Not at all mayday....just takes some practice! Nobody here judges on what you shoot...yeah I shot 79 the other day...very next day it was 89...in a day or 2 it might be 95...but I am out there having a good time and working on my game.

One thing I have found is that my game has really improved in the last year since I found this place....lots of great people willing to share their knowledge about this game we all love....that's what it's all about!

And if I havent said it already, Welcome to THP..we are glad to have you as part of the forum.

38 and 36 for a 74 today. A little experiment I did with not using a driver and used 3 wood off the tee all day. Also played all 18 holes with a ladies golf ball.

38 and 36 for a 74 today. A little experiment I did with not using a driver and used 3 wood off the tee all day. Also played all 18 holes with a ladies golf ball.

Nice round JB! Given I only use driver 4x/round on my home course I know the benefits of doing that for myself firsthand.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Nice round JB.

Great round JB. What ladies ball was it if you don't mind me asking? It must have performed pretty well for you to shoot a score like that.

Great round JB. What ladies ball was it if you don't mind me asking? It must have performed pretty well for you to shoot a score like that.

A Precept Lady iQ Plus in Pink.

It was pretty windy when we teed off, and I kept misunderestimating how much the wind would effect my ball. Through 12 holes I only had 2 GIR. Fortunately, I was landing close to the greens, so I had gotten up and down 6 times and was only 4 over. Wind quit blowing after 12 holes, and I hit 5 of the last 6 greens for 2 birdies, and my 7th par save on the one green I missed. Shot a 74, with just 26 putts.

Two 74s in a row, and my swing is still a disaster area right now.

It was pretty windy when we teed off, and I kept misunderestimating how much the wind would effect my ball. Through 12 holes I only had 2 GIR. Fortunately, I was landing close to the greens, so I had gotten up and down 6 times and was only 4 over. Wind quit blowing after 12 holes, and I hit 5 of the last 6 greens for 2 birdies, and my 7th par save on the one green I missed. Shot a 74, with just 26 putts.

Two 74s in a row, and my swing is still a disaster area right now.

Nice round in the wind Rusty.

Nice round in the wind Rusty.

Thanks, bahester. I want to make it clear that 74 is a great score for me, and I'm sure I've never had two in a row.....I don't think I've even had two in the same year before. I am still struggling with my swing, though. Anything longer than a 6 iron and I just know I'm about to shank it.

A Precept Lady iQ Plus in Pink.

You go girl! :beauty: Seriously, it's a GREAT ball, especially in this colder weather.

You go girl! :beauty: Seriously, it's a GREAT ball, especially in this colder weather.

Well it was 74* today and beautiful.

I like them. HIt it a good ways, stops on the green well with full shots and feels great off the putter. Heck, I shot 74 with it today at a very hard course. Played the same ball for 18 holes and it still looks great.

I like them. HIt it a good ways, stops on the green well with full shots and feels great off the putter. Heck, I shot 74 with it today at a very hard course. Played the same ball for 18 holes and it still looks great.

Dang buddy I'm going to steal some of KellyBo's pink balls :bulgy-eyes:! Awesome round of golf for sure and many folks don't realize how good those "Ladies" balls really are. A few years ago they came out with the Ladies Precept (red writing on ball) and it was the hottest thing going for a long time. Alot of the macho guys would slip them out on the tee and try to hide em :D

got done with a tune up lesson today before work then played after work
getting my swing back to where it needs to be
didnt really keep score but i know i got a really easy birdie... fw green putt... why cant it always be that easy?

I shot a 43/45 for an 88. I had 4 doubles, which obviously hurt. On the front 9, I was 4 over on the two par 3's, and +3 on the remaining holes, the par 3's just ate my lunch, and they aren't tough holes. My putting has gone down hill big time in the past couple weeks. I cost myself several strokes missing 4 footers today. I should have started 2 under on the first 3 holes. I birdied the 1st, 3 putt bogeyed the 2nd, and missed a 4 foot birdie on the 3rd.

My dad pointed out a flaw in my grip on the backside. I got it back in shape on the range afterward, and I think it will bring my consistency up a little bit.

Shot 78 again today.

Last 8 rounds (I think) have been

One 76, five 77's and two 78's.

I bought some of those for my wife to try and ended up playing them far more than she did, as she liked her HX Pearls more. It feels good to take money from friends that heckle you for using a pink ball when you break it out on the first tee.
The iQ plus is a better ball than most people give it credit for, but I've won over a few converts. Last summer I was playing in a tournament and broke out the pink ball because I was doing poorly. I birdied the first hole and hit a good drive off the next tee, where I ran into a friend that was playing an adjacent hole. He laughed at the pink ball, but I told him him that it was working good so far. Then he quit laughing and asked for one himself. He played so well the rest of the day with the pink ball that he went out and bought a dozen.

Yesterday it was rainy but not too cold or windy. Today it was very wet with standing water, low to mid thirties with winds 10-15 mph. I walked 18 both days. It was pretty tough both days and wore these ole legs out. Yesterday: 37 45 82. Today: 37 41 78.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back