I wanna get to know you guys more!

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone I've been on the forum for a while now but i have never really introduced myself which is kinda my personality in real situations. I tend to just slip in to the back of the room and try to blend in and get to know people that way rather than make a big entrance. I don't always post because i feel if you've not got something productive to say then don't say it all but i'm realising that everyones opinion at THP is valued as golf is all about opinions or we would all be gaming the same clubs and balls. I really want to be more of an active and known member in the forum so best way to do this is introducing myself properly. I see people know each other on here by name and have banter but they live nowhere near each other and i kinda like that idea.

Anyways I'm Barry i'm 27 years old and i live in a small town called Cumbernauld just outside Glasgow in Scotland. I've been playing golf since i was about 8 years old when my old man bought me a set of sticks, i could not hit them for love nor money but knowing what i know now they were a set of blades and what was i meant to do haha I'm a member of a local private course called Dullatur which has two courses to choose from which are fantastic courses and are really challenging. i enjoy going golfing trips and trying to play courses round the world but no place just seems to be as good as the home of golf Scotland (i'd like to substitute the wind for some more sun if i can please). i know most of your guys live in the US which i enjoy visiting and playing since my brother lives in Nashville so its almost a home away from home, it fills me with so much pleasure that this game invented in such a small country is enjoyed by so many people in the US and elsewhere and it's good to hear your outlook towards the game in all aspects of it whether its how the game is played, the etiquette or the equipment.
As i said i really hope to get involved in the community of THP a bit more and you never know build up some friendships, give some valuable advice, possibly test a few pieces of equipment (Always need a Scotsman to give equipment is nod of approval) and you never know maybe play in a Morgan Cup!

Thanks Barry

Glad to know you Barry. Enjoy your posts now and looking forward to more of them.

Nice intro Barry! You should also add maybe making it to a THP Demo Day weekend as a future activity. Your brother is not terribly far from where the annual outing is held.

Hi Barry! No need to be shy here. :act-up:

Welcome to THP Barry. Glad to have you!

Welcome to THP.

Nice post Barry and welcome to THP

Glad you have decided to become more active Barry, hope to get to tee it up with you one day, I live in the neighboring state to Tennessee so you never know.

Welcome aboard Barry

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Good into Barry. Welcome to non lurker status. Look forward to reading your thoughts on some golf stuff

Welcome to THP Barry once your on here you will feel at home!

Awrite Barry. Nice post, looking forward to more Scottish banter invading the threads. :D

We'll need to get a mini Glasgow outing on the go then. There's myself and Brian_g not too far from you, and I'm sure we could get a 4th no bother.

Nice to meet you Barry! Look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Nice to meet you, some day I will play golf on your home turf. Just to see for my self if what you say is true.

Welcome Barry! Great intro...have always wanted to play in scotland. I have gotten the chance to play in Ireland, so now have to get up a bit more north...

Great to meet your acquaintance Barry. Look forward to seeing more participatiion from you. My wife has relatives in Edinburgh who want us to visit. Hopefully we get there one day. If you ever end up in Niagara Falls by some chance... let me know.

Alex

Welcome Barry !
It's always good to have another member from across the pond.

welcome!

Hi Barry welcome to THP!

Hi Barry!!! welcome to the forum and THP!!!

:welcome: Barry! Nice to meet you!

Great intro post Barry! Welcome.

So nice to meet you Barry!

Back