Working For A Course (Club)

I suppose we all ought to road trip over to Duey's course for a THP get together :)

Thanks everyone, the support from all of you means a bunch.

Great idea Hawk, I bet I can get a Heck of a deal on tee times, food and drinks, lol. A couple of our greens are a bit rough right now, but we are hiring a hotshot new greens keeper soon.

Tap,Tap,Tap

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Thanks everyone, the support from all of you means a bunch.

Great idea Hawk, I bet I can get a Heck of a deal on tee times, food and drinks, lol. A couple of our greens are a bit rough right now, but we are hiring a hotshot new greens keeper soon.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Morgan Cup 3 in Nebraska? Hmmmm...lol

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Morgan Cup 3 in Nebraska? Hmmmm...lol

Haha, works for me. Too bad most of the members in this region live 2 1/2 to 3 hours away in Omaha or farther, but I can sure as heck set an outing, or just some tee times for a few if that's all we got. I'm sure the club would love the business and seeing friends here to support the new job.

Congrats on the new job.

I hope you really enjoy it.

I hope they treat you to a membership in the CMAA. Im excited to hear how you like it Due!

What town, Duey?

Congrats on the new job Duey and best of luck!!

Looking forward to hearing how the transition goes.

Haha, works for me. Too bad most of the members in this region live 2 1/2 to 3 hours away in Omaha or farther, but I can sure as heck set an outing, or just some tee times for a few if that's all we got. I'm sure the club would love the business and seeing friends here to support the new job.
Where is the club exactly Due?

What town, Duey?

Where is the club exactly Due?

Sorry for the delay, getting ready for work. It's in Hastings, 25 miles South of Grand Island and 18 South of interstate 80. Nice quaint town of 25,000 and the home of Cool-Aid, lol. This is a rather flat course with water on only one hole, but that's pretty standard for this region.

Funny take on this thread. In college, I worked as a greens keeper and grounds worker at a pretty well known country club in my area. This is a very very nice course, very elite and very private. While I enjoyed the work, and I love golf, the job really burned me out and left me with almost no desire to play. We could play for free during the week and after a certain time on the weekends (1pm I think). I played there twice the entire summer - almost 3 months. I just had no desire to play the course after spending 6 days a week there and working at 4:15 am. In hindsight, I really wish I had sucked it up and played way more as I feel like it would have benefitted me big time.

Congrats Duey! Man I'm going to have to come check out this course someday

Awesome duet! You deserve it after what you've been through bro. I hope it's all you want it to be.

Sent from my forged iPad

I'm a jerk man- I didn't even say congrats! I hope you love every single minute of it!!!

I worked at a club when I was in HS and absolutely loved it. Worked my way up from caddy to range slave to bag room to lead shop guy. I did the schedule and ran some tourneys and loved it. I would go back and do it again in a second.

The business side really opened my eyes to how different the game is and how many good people there really are in the game. You will get some PIA members, but they are usually the very small minority.

Sounds good, Duey. I think I envy you. Sometimes doing something different seems so appealing.

Kevin

Well, I accepted the management job with this country club yesterday. I find myself in between excited and apprehensive, however after meeting with the board I was assured of a tremendous amount of board/member help through the transition. I have little doubt that the job will mean a ton of work, lot's of hours and the day to day stress's that come with managing and trying to grow any business, however it should mean some time on the course and a little more THP time during the day, lol.

During my second interview last week I voiced that my day's of working 60 & 70 hour weeks running like a crazy man was just over, but this four man hiring committee told me that the board voted unanimously to hire me. They also explained that part of my job was getting out on the course regularly to expand my relationships with all the members. Thursday night men's league and Monday nights (not sure what they have that night) are a must for me to be playing, hehe. Beyond that I will be in charge of everything inside the club house from hiring/scheduling the employees, menu and ordering, inventory control, tee times, all parties/weddings, etc. Bartending is the one job I'm pretty unsure about at this point.

I give notice at my other job today. It's a great company with great benefits and I'm a bit uneasy about giving that up, but the pay is just not there. Time will tell if this is a good move or not, but should be an adventure right or wrong.

Congrats Duey! Sounds like a good fit for you. Hope you can break away some time this summer so we can get together and play a few. :golf:

Well, I accepted the management job with this country club yesterday. I find myself in between excited and apprehensive, however after meeting with the board I was assured of a tremendous amount of board/member help through the transition. I have little doubt that the job will mean a ton of work, lot's of hours and the day to day stress's that come with managing and trying to grow any business, however it should mean some time on the course and a little more THP time during the day, lol.

During my second interview last week I voiced that my day's of working 60 & 70 hour weeks running like a crazy man was just over, but this four man hiring committee told me that the board voted unanimously to hire me. They also explained that part of my job was getting out on the course regularly to expand my relationships with all the members. Thursday night men's league and Monday nights (not sure what they have that night) are a must for me to be playing, hehe. Beyond that I will be in charge of everything inside the club house from hiring/scheduling the employees, menu and ordering, inventory control, tee times, all parties/weddings, etc. Bartending is the one job I'm pretty unsure about at this point.

I give notice at my other job today. It's a great company with great benefits and I'm a bit uneasy about giving that up, but the pay is just not there. Time will tell if this is a good move or not, but should be an adventure right or wrong.

Congrats due. Working at a club can be a great experience and hopefully you'll find some great relationships and a family atmosphere like I was lucky enough to develop when I worked at a course. Unfortunately, I may have to move on, as that is undecided.

Again, congrats, best of luck and keep us all informed. We're pulling for ya.

Congrats brother and keep us posted on how it goes. I am confident that you will do well on this new adventure.

Thanks a ton for the encouraging words everyone, I'm a bit excited and a lot nervous at this point, lol. If all goes as the board told me, I think all will go really well.

I sure won't miss these short lunch breaks and going home covered in dirt and paint, haha.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Congrats Duey!

Wow Duey that is awesome man! I think your the envy of many THPers right now! Golf golf and more golf all day everyday, sign me up!!!

Congrats duey! best of luck with the new job.

Tapped from my android

Thanks guy's.

I wish buddy, but I'm still bettin on seeing a reduction in my rounds from last year by a good margin. I'll be the one sending everyone else out on the course and selling them beer to boot, lol. I'll be happy with a couple rounds per week, just guessing but I'll spend a lot more time on the range and putting green.

Wow Duey that is awesome man! I think your the envy of many THPers right now! Golf golf and more golf all day everyday, sign me up!!!

Congrats Duey....let us know when the next THP function up there is scheduled!

Back