The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be something to look into. I pretty much hate my job now but have been here for 14 years (today in fact) so the pay and the time kind of keep me here. I'm ready for something different though....maybe a computer repair class, sort of reminds me of shop class and shop teachers are always cool right? That would be alright in my book.

If you are serious about this, look into a place that pays well. I think this would be awesome for you as it would get you out of that frozen hell you live in now.

If you are serious about this, look into a place that pays well. I think this would be awesome for you as it would get you out of that frozen hell you live in now.
I'd gladly take less $ to go somewhere with great weather. The funny thing is though the places with the great weather pay MORE $ yet here I sit still. Frick. It's all the wife and family stuff, no way she leaves here ever and I don't do well without her around to keep me in line so I'm stuck.

I'd gladly take less $ to go somewhere with great weather. The funny thing is though the places with the great weather pay MORE $ yet here I sit still. Frick. It's all the wife and family stuff, no way she leaves here ever and I don't do well without her around to keep me in line so I'm stuck.

I understand this, even though I don't have kids. We've been pondering a big move for a while now, but the age of my parents, her family, wedding stuff etc makes it easy to just stick with what you have. Grass is always greener on the other side though, I suppose.

I'm like you Jake. I'd love to move down to a spot with great weather. Trying to find a job when you are 1500 miles away for 2 people is pretty tough.

That might be something to look into. I pretty much hate my job now but have been here for 14 years (today in fact) so the pay and the time kind of keep me here. I'm ready for something different though....maybe a computer repair class, sort of reminds me of shop class and shop teachers are always cool right? That would be alright in my book.

I am not sure about your state, but every state does it different. In NC you can go in Lateral Entry. If you have a Undergrad you can take a few education classes at a university and get your teaching certificate. You will also have to maybe take a test, the Praxis. In NC they will give you years of work experience on your pay scale. You might make close to where you are at now. Not really sure.

I would first check your local school systems and see if they offer the classes you could teach. Each district should have a person that can help you get your lateral entry teaching license.

Im with you. I'd love to live in San Diego but family obligations keep me here on the coastest with the mostest

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

....and that's why I could never be a teacher. I just giggled at 'lateral entry'.

Funny thing is, I just sold my 2.0s earlier this week. Had he called me a bit sooner they would be on their way to him.

He lives in Midland. Im going to search Craigslist.

Dude I'm in midland right now. Small world, if the Craigslist falls through I've got some jpx's I've been holding onto and a few putters laying around.

I am not sure about your state, but every state does it different. In NC you can go in Lateral Entry. If you have a Undergrad you can take a few education classes at a university and get your teaching certificate. You will also have to maybe take a test, the Praxis. In NC they will give you years of work experience on your pay scale. You might make close to where you are at now. Not really sure.

I would first check your local school systems and see if they offer the classes you could teach. Each district should have a person that can help you get your lateral entry teaching license.

Whoa I thought lateral entry was ended? Now I'm career change pondering.

--
tapatalk

So I have a pick up in Willow grove, pa. What do I see?? A golfsmith. Did I turn around? Sure did ;)

Heading over to the post office to collect my new awesome W/S cart bag! Will get pics up for all you W/S lovers in a while :)

Also going out they are opening a golfsmith 2 min from the golfgalaxy we have!! Sweet

I really like the Golf Smith stores, but hate their online store.

I really like the Golf Smith stores, but hate their online store.

Agreed. Never, ever, ever, ever buy online.

LOL

Use-the-Force1.gif

I love reddit. One of my favorite sites ever.

Agreed. Never, ever, ever, ever buy online.

They actually didnt screw up my order for the Nike SQ Machspeed. I was amazed. They even sent me a 5 hour energy sample in with it.

Supposed to be able to see the northern lights to night for those of us up nort ya dar hay :clapp::clapp:

WolfNorthernLights.jpg

I just got a phone call from a Navy recruiter. They want me to be a nuclear scientist.

I just got a phone call from a Navy recruiter. They want me to be a nuclear scientist.

How do they even get your phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back