April Newsletter - Masters Edition + A New Way to Buy Golf Gear

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
The April issue of the THP Digital Newsletter should be hitting in boxes any minute now and this one is all about the Masters!! You will also find an article on a new company that is hoping to change the way we buy golf gear. Let us know your thoughts in this thread. All feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

For the prediction responses check out the THP Homepage here http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16245.

I have a question about Golfbids. Any time a similar buying method has come up, JB has been vocal about buyer protection. Does this company offer anything different?

Another good newsletter for the Masters. I like Morgan & Hawk's predictions the best, but MarcAwesome's made me laugh the most. At least he's consistent with his rooting preferences. I haven't checked out golf bids yet, but think it can be really successful. It looks a lot like the system used by Skoreit, so maybe I will give it a shot.

Thanks for sharing this edition!

Sweet - just saw mine in the mailbox! Something I can read while at jury duty today.

I have a question about Golfbids. Any time a similar buying method has come up, JB has been vocal about buyer protection. Does this company offer anything different?

That is not exactly what I have been vocal about and my feelings about this are no different.

Great job as always Morgan! Nice reading all the staffers predictions. The golf bid seems cool but I'm very hesitant with those kind of auctions. But it seems like you could get some great deals.

That is not exactly what I have been vocal about and my feelings about this are no different.

Im sorry, I guess I misunderstood...

But what protection is there for the buyer in regards to real merchandise. I know with some auctions I have protection from fraud, counterfeiting, etc after the fact. With this it appears as though the protection is minimal at best.

Plus, every time you bid and dont win, you lose that money completely.

Great newsletter! I think I'll stay away from GolfBids, but I loved the predictions! Thanks again for the newsletter!

You have not read through this site's facts yet to understand how it works. There is no consumer selling.

Good newsletter, especially the predictions about the masters. I have to say though that I don't like that golf bids site. Those kind of auctions are nothing more than thinly disguised gambling. It's easy for people to get sucked in, lose money quickly and end up with nothing. I know here in Australia they were talking about banning them at one point as they didn't fully advertise the fact that it is gambling and not an auction.

But what protection is there for the buyer in regards to real merchandise. I know with some auctions I have protection from fraud, counterfeiting, etc after the fact. With this it appears as though the protection is minimal at best.

Plus, every time you bid and dont win, you lose that money completely.

You have not read through this site's facts yet to understand how it works. There is no consumer selling.

OR....

There is no consumer selling on GolfBids.

Thanks for finally answering my question.

Perfect Monday morning, a cup of black coffee, a small slice of cheese and the April THP newsletter, great job Morgan I really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on The Masters. Golf Bids is interesting.

I love THP staff predictions. We always see some fan rooting, some logic, some illogical put-downs (thanks Yoccos!), and some wild dark horses....but very rarely see the same names from everyone!

Great newsletter as always!

Great job with this newsletter! Auction sites don't do much for me, and with eBay being king with lots of exposure, I'm not sure how well a new site will do. Good luck to them though.

I like the Paddy picture next to my foolish prediction! This is the year. The V2's are going to power him to a great performance.

I enjoyed this newsletter very much! I love reading the staff predictions for the Masters. Sounds like everyone thinks Tiger will finish top 10 too. I will definitely be checking out the golf bids website!

Great job as always GG and JB for putting together the newsletter. I found the picks very interesting. I agree with JB about Garrigus. I have him as my dark horse.

I like the Paddy picture next to my foolish prediction! This is the year. The V2's are going to power him to a great performance.

I love the Paddy pick, I picked him for a few years now too and have seen the same outcome that you have. I would love to see him win this!

Great job as always GG and JB for putting together the newsletter. I found the picks very interesting. I agree with JB about Garrigus. I have him as my dark horse.

I thought this was a great pick, and I was a little pissed I didn't think of it myself. Garrigus is really starting to make a name for himself on the tour, I would love to see him at the top of the leader board.

I love the Paddy pick, I picked him for a few years now too and have seen the same outcome that you have. I would love to see him win this!

I thought this was a great pick, and I was a little pissed I didn't think of it myself. Garrigus is really starting to make a name for himself on the tour, I would love to see him at the top of the leader board.

Secretly I blamed you for his poor performance in 2010. You picked him on ITR and I knew it was all over lol.

This could be one of the most diverse 'majors picks' by the THP staff ever...all sorts of names, all with a legit shot of winning.

Secretly I blamed you for his poor performance in 2010. You picked him on ITR and I knew it was all over lol.

LOL I blamed myself too! I pretty much guaranteed that McDowell will miss the cut this year by picking him.

Loved all of the THP Staff pics. I like the surprise picks of Garcia and Couples. I also think DJ will be a disappointment.
I was thinking of taking GMAC this year in the THP Masters contest but now there is not chance in hell I would take him after I saw a certain someone pick him in the newsletter:alien:

GolfBids looks pretty similar to the other penny auction sites(though without consumer selling). Still not my cup of tea but it looks like you can get some very good deals on there if you hit it at the right time.

Great read. Really enjoyed everyones predications.

This could be one of the most diverse 'majors picks' by the THP staff ever...all sorts of names, all with a legit shot of winning.
I got a nice chuckle out of your picks and mine. My disappointment is your winner and my winner is your disappointment. Clearly we didn't study together and come up with these picks. BTW...Lukey D might even miss the cut!

Great newsletter again guys, always one of my favorite pieces of email.

Back