NFL Draft Contest - 2012

I cannot believe Kellen Moore didn't get drafted. That just blows my mind.

Congrats Doug! LOve to see a lefty win the prize!

Congrats Doug!!

Congrats Doug!

Congrats Doug!!!!

Congrats Doug?

I cannot believe Kellen Moore didn't get drafted. That just blows my mind.
Really? Did anyone have him projected as an NFL QB? I think his sub-6 ft height could have had something to do with it.

Thanks guys! I was away from computer/phone/etc today and just saw a message from GG that I won. I'm pumped!

I am still warming up to idea of Poe to the Chiefs. So hard to judge a draft until you see these guys on the field....

Congrats Doug! Great job.

Congrats Doug! Plus you got Poe!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Congrats Doug! Plus you got Poe!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, after giving Kmac (and I guess technically all 'boys fans) crap about they were going to end up with Poe, that made it pretty ironic. lol.

Hey Doug how many did you get right?

Congrats Doug, with all the crazy trades that's pretty impressive...I think I got 3, lol

Congrats Doug.

Good on Doug.

Kevin

One of the steals of this draft may in fact have been by the Panthers. Frank Alexander had turned into a real force the last two years. Commanding double teams and still causing issues. Early in the year, he was projected much earlier by a few scouts including 2 that had him as a late first rounder. He was then not allowed to work out at the combine because he was diagnosed with a hole in his heart. The diagnosis turned out to be false and he is ready. It kills him that he was not allowed to show off his talent at the combine, which he had been training for because he was one of those guys that many thought would be a "riser".

He can play a "Suggs like guy" in the 3-4 and plays well standing up and down. He struggles with double teams a little bit when it happens later in the game, but wont see much of that at this level early on. I studied this kid for weeks and had him graded at early 3rd and I was told by a handful of guys that he wouldnt make it past there. I say he jumps right in early on and ends up in the D rotation by week 3.

Interesting JB. i read an article about him today. Coach Rivera said he had his eye on him for sure and thought about trading up in the 3rd round to snag him. Once he made it past a certain point in the 3rd round they held their ground and hoped and sure enough, he made it too them. I hope he pans out for sure. Something about him being the co-defensive player of the year in the Big12 is pretty cool. I'm very pleased with the Panthers draft to be honest. What do you think of the Corner they drafted from Coastal Carolina? I read that he was offered a scholarship by UGA but then something weird happened and he ended up in Myrtle Beach b/c his older brother played there or something.

It was a risk reward pick. Tampa did something similar in the 2nd or 3rd round a couple of years ago on a WR/KR and it was a complete bust. However there are many success stories and at that point in the draft, it was worth the risk. I graded him out at a 53.7, which is slightly higher than the 50/50 risk spot if that means anything.

Back