Hello from the Piney Woods of East Texas

Crandall

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all. I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to step in and introduce myself. I live in north east Texas (Longview) and have been playing for nearly 40 yrs. About a 10-12 handicap. I mostly play local public coarses (not top of the line if you know what I mean!) I usually take a couple of golf trips a year with the guys from work and the guys from our church. We usually go down to the Woodlands area or Austin/San Marcos for 4 days in the fall. Minimum 36 holes a day. Some days we've managed 54. We had one quit on us last year, said he'd had enough! Great fun and some really nice coarses. Headed next weekend to Hot Springs AR with a group from church. Beautiful coarses in Hot Springs Village, reasonable green fees, great fellowship, lots of good eats! I have too many other hobbies to ever expect to be a great golfer butI still enjoy it. My wife is a high school girls golf coach so I get to spend lots of time on the coarse with her and the team. I really enjoy watching these 14/15 year old girls pick up a club for the first time (and be thrilled to break 120 by the end of their freshman years) then graduating 4 years later shooting high 70's to low 80's! She has 5 of her girls playing college golf now so it has been a fun ride! Didn't mean to ramble but you know a little about me now.

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Nice intro, welcome to the forum fellow Texan!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! Don't let these guys get to you about being from Texas, they're just jealous!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Nice intro Crandall, welcome to THP.

Welcome!

welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

Nice to meet you!!

:welcome:

Welcome aboard!!!

welcome!

Good to have ya on board!

Welcome to THP!
Be sure and take some pics of those Hot Springs Village courses and post them up!
Maybe one of these days we can get an Ark-La-Tex THP in the works!

Welcome to the club fellow Texan! Watch out for the NC gang and their TX banter............:bashful:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the board here at THP ...... Us Texans need to stick together.....

Welcome to THP!

Back