Friend is playing Augusta National THIS WEEKEND!!

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Real good friend of mine is playing Augusta National this weekend. I can't believe I just wrote that sentence. It has been in the works for over a year now and his dream is coming true. He's not playing it once....or twice....or three time...he's playing 4 rounds of golf at Augusta National. Unreal. I have asked him to send me as many pictures as he can (via iphone) and will post 'em when I get 'em. He is one lucky SOB and I'm very happy for him today.

WOW! That is awesome for your friend, and FOUR rounds? That is definitely unreal.

Real good friend of mine is playing Augusta National this weekend. I can't believe I just wrote that sentence. It has been in the works for over a year now and his dream is coming true. He's not playing it once....or twice....or three time...he's playing 4 rounds of golf at Augusta National. Unreal. I have asked him to send me as many pictures as he can (via iphone) and will post 'em when I get 'em. He is one lucky SOB and I'm very happy for him today.

that's awesome

I hate your friend. JK, how the heck did that happen?

To be honest, I wouldn't post a whole lot of those pictures. Many clubs have a social media policy that if traced back to the member, can lead to some pretty serious ramifications.

Private clubs have members that pay big money to keep things private. I'm interested in the pictures as much as anyone out there, but id hate for your friend or the member to get into any sort of trouble.

That's awesome for your friend though!!!

What a lucky guy! that place is unreal. I hope he enjoys every minute of it.

You're friends with Barack Obama?

One round is awesome but four rounds is incredible. What a lucky guy!

Sounds like I need to be your friend.

Back in HS he dated a girl that is now married to a grandson of the Butler Cabin family. He only found this out about 3 years ago when I received Masters tickets and took him along with me. He was talking to this girl on the phone and told her he was going to the tournament. She then replied, "I didn't know you wanted to go...my husband gets tickets every year through his family." And then the rest is history. She gave us tickets 2 years ago that allowed us to go anywhere on the grounds (except the lockroom) but we didn't get any this year. So as a "make up" to my friend, the husband is taking him on this golf outing at Augusta. Crazy world we live in.

To be honest, I wouldn't post a whole lot of those pictures. Many clubs have a social media policy that if traced back to the member, can lead to some pretty serious ramifications.

Private clubs have members that pay big money to keep things private. I'm interested in the pictures as much as anyone out there, but id hate for your friend or the member to get into any sort of trouble.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what Agusta National looks like. Why would they care if people share pictures.

Back in HS he dated a girl that is now married to a grandson of the Butler Cabin family. He only found this out about 3 years ago when I received Masters tickets and took him along with me. He was talking to this girl on the phone and told her he was going to the tournament. She then replied, "I didn't know you wanted to go...my husband gets tickets every year through his family." And then the rest is history. She gave us tickets 2 years ago that allowed us to go anywhere on the grounds (except the lockroom) but we didn't get any this year. So as a "make up" to my friend, the husband is taking him on this golf outing at Augusta. Crazy world we live in.

Wow, sounds like people need to start contacting people who they dated in HS, LOL. You never know.

Thanks Thainer.....this is something I will keep in mind and look into before I do anything. Good heads up.

That right there is one lucky dude!

Nate, that is pretty unreal, congrats to your friend. Hope it works out that the pic's are ok, I'd love to see them. Wow, Augusta National!

If I have seen a good identity theft this guy would be a good place to start !!!!!

Another thing I'm intersted in seeing is what he shoots at the course. He's about a 12-14 handicapper and he'll play the tips if they let him.

That lucky guy! So jealous...

Wow, what a lucky guy! Wonder if her husband has a sister? Ill marry somebody for a chance to play Augusta! :D

Wow...that is awesome for your friend!!!

On another forum (not golf) I ran into someone who posted about recently playing at Augusta. Interesting club rule that probably enables your friend to play 4 rounds - becasue the age of members is getting up there they allow guests to play as much golf as they want as long as the member is on site (BTW - there was the thread last month about what amateurs would shoot at Augusta. I asked him. He claims the course is not that hard because there are only two tees, member and championship, and the course isn't too long from the member's tees - I want to say 6,400, but that's from memory so I could be wrong - and he plays pretty close to his index (an 8, I think)). It isn't the same as playing the course but this person is sending me an official scorecard, which is kind of cool.

Nate, they will most likely tell him to play the members tees around 6300. I've heard they really only use those tees around tournament time. He'll still have a blast and will be hated by all his friends.

edit: the Masters tees still exist, they just strongly recommend that someone not play from there. Don't blame em, 7455 is stupid long.

Back