What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a perfect example of golf for me. Front 9, shot a 51.... Back 9, 38. Went out just to enjoy the beautiful weather we have here right now, didnt care too much about the result. Just tried to have a smooth swing and enjoy myself. First 9 i just laughed it off, nothing worked besides the putting but after a short break and refilling my water bottle everything seemed to just.. work! I had one of the best drives in my life at hole 14, missed the birde put (rolled on the edge of the cup) but am satisfied with that put since it was a 22feet put.

22may.jpg

BwrK9.jpg

Played the back nine first and was rushing to finish on the front nine otherwise I think I may have broke 80. Rushed every single shot on the last 3 holes to finish in time to grab the kids from the bus stop.

I was kind of dreading what my score would be today after the 69 Sunday. That usually means a high score. Well, it wasn't too bad, one little bad stretch a double and a bogie on 11 and 12 but came back with a birdie on 13. Thirty putts with a short miss on 12 but still decent. 73 (35, 38)

+17/+7 = 94
i have no clue what in the aych eee double hockey sticks happened on the front
spraying the ball everywhere was an understatement
stepping up to the ball and not knowing where the ball would go next was confidence shattering
the only thing good i can take away from the front today was my wedge shots were money

after starting the back with a double i finally reigned in my wild swing and started hitting real golf shots
coulda squeezed out a few more pars and a couple of birdies but my putting sucked on the back

10 shot diff front/back... crazy

Think you got a case of the Flix bogeyruss!

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

79 today on a new course. 12 pars, one bird, 3 bogey's, and two blow up doubles. I'll take it and run.

Nice course too for one run by a city, I'll be back for sure.

79 today on a new course. 12 pars, one bird, 3 bogey's, and two blow up doubles. I'll take it and run.

nice round Jman still rolling the CS? i may be switching back after this weekend.

Congrats, you are looking at 70's consistently these days! What course and town? I need to make it up that way here soon.

Nice round Jman, you are really hitting a nice stride with the i20's man.

nice round Jman still rolling the CS? i may be switching back after this weekend.

Bay-Neck these last two rounds. Less thinking for me on course, I just feel it and go. My putts got high because I started overthinking my stroke, can't do that. The Bay just fits that mentality better for some really strange reason that makes NO sense at all! LOL

Congrats, you are looking at 70's consistently these days! What course and town? I need to make it up that way here soon.

Gracias Cookie! Lakeside in Stillwater, nice little track. Not jaw dropping of course but it was fun, I like it because there's a good mix of LONG (3's, 5's, and 4's) with some of those 4's out there that just tempt you as well. I've played my home course so much I know what I can and can't get away with and where to cut corners and such. The goal this summer is to play lots of new places and see how the game holds up.

If you get anywhere near dude let me know, even if its halfway like at the WinStar course, we need to make it happen.

Nice round Jman, you are really hitting a nice stride with the i20's man.

Thanks Kmac! The confidence is just crazy for me, I just see it and go. Its a new world to me and its showing on the old score card.

(Though I am FULLY overdue for one of "those rounds" soon, I just know it. But hey, thats the game, right?)

Think you got a case of the Flix bogeyruss!

Tappin' for world peace in HD!
you had a much better back 9 than i did hahaha
i was just happy to know my ball was going where i tried to hit it on the back lol

Today was dedicated to range time and finding my drive. It's amazing how much you can spend on one club a shot at a time, but feeling solid for my next adventure to to course. If this holds up as my short game has hung in there things could look good.

First day for new Classic driver, black 3 wood and that platinum belly putter.

7 birds 1 eagle for a 69. Had a couple wild drives that hurt me but my irons were on and that Cleveland belly putter is moneyyyyy.

7 birds 1 eagle for a 69. Had a couple wild drives that hurt me but my irons were on and that Cleveland belly putter is moneyyyyy.

Great round Marc. Glad the new stuff is working out well for you!

Damn dude that's a pro round, not Hacker paradise, lol. Great job, hope to get a chance to tee it up with you one day.

Catching up a bit, great score at ACC TC, I've heard stories about that place, it and grove park are on my list.

Wow Marc, just wow!

--
Tapatalk2

Holy cow Marc! Incredible

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I played pretty mediocre today.. Shot a 40 with one birdie, but was dealing with strange fairway lies all day... Seemed like every fairway I was in, the ball was on a hill..

Certainly a round to build on.. I definitely felt the gap between 15-22 degrees tonight!

Damn dude that's a pro round, not Hacker paradise, lol. Great job, hope to get a chance to tee it up with you one day.

Tyty..I should note that it was from the one up tees..like 6500 so not quite as legit. I'll tee it up with ya anytime Due.:golf2:

you had a much better back 9 than i did hahaha
i was just happy to know my ball was going where i tried to hit it on the back lol

Haha! Well, that's always something ;)

39(+4) last night in a very slow, relaxed round...felt good.

Tyty..I should note that it was from the one up tees..like 6500 so not quite as legit. I'll tee it up with ya anytime Due.:golf2:

Good round Marc no asterisk needed. There is nothing illegitimate about your 69, that's a good score from whatever tees. You still have to get it in the hole, the course rating allows you to compare performances between tees.

My 69 Sunday was from our middle tees, 70.2/133 6200 yards, it came in with a differential of -1 which still pretty good and comparable to a 71 from our back tees. I will move up to the front tees at least once this year to try to shoot my age and won't feel bad about it if I do.

I shot 39/40 yesterday for a 79. Could have been better, but also could have been a lot worse. I had two double bogeys in the last 4 holes, but they were well-deserved as I had been hitting the ball all over the place and getting away with some lucky bounces and scrappy par saves. It was a weird day, where I was hitting everything shorter than usual...but, of course, once I decided to take a longer club everything was flying into the back bunkers. Oh well....I survived.

Got a slow 9 in yesterday (2.5 hrs), very frustrating round. +1 after 5 holes, then two doubles the next four holes for a 41. Ugh. Hooking a 6 iron off the tee into the woods on a layup hole for a lost ball really pisses you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back