Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
No matter how much time I spend on THP, it feels like there is always a conversation I am missing or some info I miised in a thread I have not checked out in a while. My question to you is how do you surf through the growing amount of valuable info on this site? Do you just typically click through the recent threads, search for specific info that is of interest, or maybe use the spy feature? I am sure there are some tools available that I should be using and would love to hear how others interact with the site.

No matter how much time I spend on THP, it feels like there is always a conversation I am missing or some info I miised in a thread I have not checked out in a while. My question to you is how do you surf through the growing amount of valuable info on this site? Do you just typically click through the recent threads, search for specific info that is of interest, or maybe use the spy feature? I am sure there are some tools available that I should be using and would love to hear how others interact with the site.

When I havent been on the site for a few hours, I generally look at my last posts and see if there were any responses to them. Then go to the main page and look at the new hot topics if there are any. Always check the marketplace too.

When I havent been on the site for a few hours, I generally look at my last posts and see if there were any responses to them. Then go to the main page and look at the new hot topics if there are any. Always check the marketplace too.

Pretty similar here to dev.. When I am on a computer, it's mostly checking new posts, opening up tabs with a few I want to catch up on , and repeating. On my phone I just tapatalk like its my job ( like right now, at my job.) I do have the one thread I am doing testing for set up so it notifies me when someone posts.. Helps keep my THP game tight.

hot topics in golf and balls/accessories threads
banter/rant and other random stuff
say high to the newb's at check in
then go through some of the reviews that have peaked my interest

i check it at work, at home, on my phone and on my ipad. addict to say the least. i browse everything to a point where sometimes i just have it open in case ppl update. sick right?

I use the New Posts feature constantly. Certain posts are a must read for me and certain ones I mark as read when using Tapatalk on the iPad as I can see the last comment made.

I go through every post and every thread.

Well, most of the time. If I know there are threads that other mods look at regularly (like the cigar threads), I usually don't look at those. If I am out of town and I come back to 3,000+ posts, I'll look over as many as I can. If I am pressed for time, and there is like 30 or 40 pages in a tournament thread, I usually just skip over some of those to get caught up.

Although I do like to do my catch up multi quotes.

I check in several times during the day and also keep the thread view portion of the forums page at the last 50 posts, that way I can check out the hot threads and anything that I may have missed while I was gone. I still miss things but eventually I seem to catch up pretty well using this method. I will also do as Jj mentioned and check out the last threads I had posted in during my last online session to see if any more conversation has taken place.

I check it out every once in a while at work and since at my work I'm always waiting for experiments and stuff I have a lot of time that I can check THP. The first thing that I do is check the usual threads that I like to troll on lol jK about the troll

I always like to look at threads that I spend a lot of time like the champ spikes, pondering thread counterfeit thread, and look through the golf and accessories thread to see if there's anything I want to add. Then I stop buy a little bit to the debate room or even the bantering and off topic thread just to take a quick peek but I spend way more time on the golf threads haha

Tapatalk from my phone, so I use the new posts a lot, I end up checking every hour or so, and try and read the threads that interest me and try to avoid the ones that could get me in trouble (ie Cleveland Classic and Ping I20 irons thread)!

New Posts button most of the time. Then, I hit a few of the forums to dig into things I've missed. I also subscribe to a number of threads that interest me, but don't get a lot of traffic.

mostly just first page stuff on each forum (equipment, golf, random), starting to use tapatalk more often. I didn't even know about the New Posts function, I'll have to jump on that.

NEw post button for me, I subscribe to a few threads that I want to keep checking back on. It is easier for me to find them that way as I still have not mastered the search feature on this site as well as others.

I have my bookmark set to the homepage, but then its straight to New Posts as it shows every post made. Pretty much click right down the list.

New posts for me too, but in Tapatalk usually. I just go thru them as I see them.

I'm usually on my laptop so I constantly check the New Posts button, and if I know that I want to post in a thread that has been up recently but not had any new posts, I click the "Today's Posts" button on the left side of the screen under the Site Navigation tab.

use Subscriptions to stay up to speed on the necessary or very interesting threads. then New Posts to get the buzz on what's happening right now and always be sure to check the Marketplace cuz deals fly in and out of that thread very quickly.

i have both Tapatalk and the full-site on my tablet, but i don't do much posting from that, cuz it's tough. but i did recently get Tapatalk for my BlackBerry and it helps me stay current when i'm on the go or away from a computer.

i will agree that staying up to speed is very difficult at times and can be frustrating. leaving THP for a few hours during the day can be detrimental and you could miss something very important. getting caught up can be rough as well...the Morgan Cup Trash Talk Thread probably moves the fastest out of any thread on here i'll dare say, and it can be tough to get a word in edgewise between JB and Cookie!

If I've been away, like just a little bit ago, I go straight to "New Posts" and work my way through as much as 3 pages, seldom any more as I figure those won't be all that interesting if not further forward. Then I check replies to my posts.

I generally do not go on weekends or evenings, thats family time, so when I get back on, I look through the threads I have been following and the rest I really read as they come up in recent threads.

New Posts is the first button I click. From there I grab out the topics I know I have been active in and catch up, but I do not mark threads as read yet. After catching up on some threads, I hit the New Posts button again and it filters out the ones i have already checked. I do that cycle until I have been through most of them. I also subscribe to about 10 or so threads at a time that I know arent as active as others but that i have interest in.

85% of time on new posts and the rest is checking my comments to make sure someone didn't ask anything or follow-up on something. But you are right, I always feel like I've missed something important somewhere no matter what process I have!

I browse at work, home and on the go. iMac, MacBook, iPhone, iPad and Kindle Fire. I use the today's post feature and open up every thread that peaks my interest in a new tab. There are a few threads that get lost from time to time if I don't check after a day or so, then I use the new post feature. Depends on how long I've been away from my favorite place in the world. THP is truly my golf disneyland!!!

IPad via Tapatalk - all day, all night ;)

I check over my own posts first, then TMC threads, onto the newbie section and then check new posts.

Back