What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 87, my putting just sucked totally, 33 putts. Everything else was great. Time to ponder a new putter. :act-up:

There's a few THPers who are on the cusp of this milestone! Good luck to you!

Thanks Smallville, I am getting real close, I just have to cut out a few bad holes every round. Make the doubles just bogeys.

The game is coming back, still a few screw-ups but better. More greens hit today, 11. Fewer putts, 30. No birdies but one eagle, a 52 yard hole-out. Today, 75 (39, 36)

Bad iron day..41-47 =88

Sent from my DROID X2

The game is coming back, still a few screw-ups but better. More greens hit today, 11. Fewer putts, 30. No birdies but one eagle, a 52 yard hole-out. Today, 75 (39, 36)

Nice round Lefty. Looks like you're back in the groove.

I had a good round today but still came away a little disappointed. Shot 35,42 for 77. Normally, I'm happy any time I break 80. But today I was really upset with my putting on the back nine. From a ball striking standpoint, I was in the zone. Only missed one fairway all day and had 13 GIR. The greens I missed were easy up and ins. But, the putting went south on the back. I honestly thought I might threaten par today until the flat stick went ice cold. (Sigh) Maybe on Monday.

Thanks Smallville, I am getting real close, I just have to cut out a few bad holes every round. Make the doubles just bogeys.
Or in my case, make the triples, bogeys! haha

Shot a 47. Only played 9. However I feel like I played better than 47. After my driver lesson last week I'm hitting my driver great! Averaged 255 today and they were all straight! Hit one out to 287! Those numbers are from golfshot so I'm assuming there correct. Now I just have to get better at chipping.

Shot 86 but hit a lot of good shots - just couldn't score well. Took a tip I read over the last two weeks (haven't touched the sticks) and it really worked out well. Took my left hand (right hand golfer here) and turned it just a touch stronger. Really stripped it well off the tee - some really nice high straight shots. And hit a few really solid irons. Really excited going into my buddies 4 day member-guest this week. Biggest tournament of my year!

It was 92 today. Putting was better, not leaving them too short today. Had a couple putts that should have gone in but they weren't using the board when they cut the holes and pulled the lips up.... Still had 4 three jacks.
The game is coming though had 5 strait pars in the middle of the round. Just need to hit some better second shots the rest of the way.

43, a couple doubles hurt what was a fairly good round.

Whoa.. An ace!

Sitting in the drive thru grabbing a Subway sandwich for dinner.

Just finished my second round with new irons and hybrids, shot 42/40 for 82.

Full update on the irons and a HOTD video coming later.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tkmr0p
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow Russ, what a difference the two nines make eh?

I feel your pain man...shot an 88 today, with 2 triples and 2 doubles. Didn't hit the bad that bad, but 4 holes can be a killer.

I know what you mean.

A week or so ago I shot a 90 that was a 50-40... finished the back with 2 birdies on the 2 hardest holes on the course.
lol i just saw these hahaha
golf is a wicked game and thats why we love it... i think?

today
+9/+4 83

it was windy... the whole week has been windy but today was ridiculous
couldnt get the driver going til i got to the back and it was pretty much hit or miss
irons were pretty good
putting was terrible

I broke 100 with a 99 last time out. I followed up that round today with a 101. I putted poorly, but hit my most fairways to this point.

Played with MikeDean and RMix09 today at PipeStone near Dayton. Decent course, although I still get a bit fired up about blind shots, which it has a fair share of.

Shot 40/35 for a +3 75.. Two birds in the last four holes helped a ton.

Great day with two awesome THPers.

After shooting one under 6 days ago, I went back to the course this morning feeling very positive.

Par the first hole, then bogey, then double, then a quad. Seriously?

Then another bogey, a DNF on #7 (ended up hitting a wrong ball and losing my mind), then a par.... then another quad.

So I am discouraged. Really really hoping I get my stuff together for tomorrow's round. So annoyed that we left and didn't shoot our 2nd 9 hole round..... Thats Golf !

Sounds like my last 18 holes. Shot 71 followed it up with a 87...so i feel for ya!

Congrats on the eagle buddy, that is a solid round.

The magic left my driver and entered my irons today. I shot a 91 with 6 penalties due to my driver sending my ball soaring into the right woods many times. My irons kept things from spiraling out of control but all those lost strokes are killing me. Skipping a round tomorrow and heading to the range. I need to get my driver back into play consistently so I can get into the mid 80's

55...-17. Played in a 4 man super ball tourney with a guy who played on the Nationwide Tour last year. Without a doubt, he was the best putter I have ever seen. He was down the middle of the fairway EVERY SINGLE TIME. He was money with he irons as well. All around great game. I hit the ball decently far and hit it straight today so we took a lot of my drives, had a some good approach shots and made a few putts, so I didn't feel completely worthless, but it was really was a joy to watch how well this guy plays.

Went to Panama City and played on the Hombre. We did some scramble format 2 v 2 and then broke into our own ball for 9. 'The Good' was 47 with some not so Good tee shots. Seems my pull-hook is coming back. Time to go to the range......

My home course...TPC of Michigan http://www.tpcmichigan.com/

My best round here....with the new Wilson di11 irons and FG2 sand wedge....

46 on front with 2 blow up holes. (7/8) Started with par on first 3 holes.
37 on back with birdie on #1 handicap hole.

My normal playing partner beats me EVERY time here, and going in I said to myself it was the day to beat him...We tied. He shot 40-43

Was a good day.

I shot another 52 on the front nine. I am really annoyed with my wedges around the green. We have a couple of greens that are simple elevated rectangles, nothing around them just a 1:1 slope from surface to fairway (1.5m drop). I went over the top a couple of times.

I am just really struggling to get the ball to stick and not run over the green, which in turn makes me cautious, which in turn makes some shots drop before the green again.

Very happy with my drives, approaches and putting today.

Talk about a tale of two sides, 49/37 yesterday on a 9 hole course I play pretty often. The Putter came together and I was flat out stroking that SeeMore on the back nine.

Congrats on the eagle buddy, that is a solid round.

Thanks, I guess I should confess, I made a double bogie on #5 by hitting the wrong iron because I read the wrong distance on my laser. It's funny now but not so much yesterday. I was rolling along even par, hit three iron off the tee and hustled out to the ball shot the flag and thought it said 158, pulled the 7 iron to punch a low spinner in because of the flag location. Hit it good and the ball landed deep in the woods behind the green. Shot it again and it was 108 instead of 158! Talk about feeling like an idiot! It's like one of my buddies said, I never have a 7 iron left to that green. Just cruising along without thinking "in the zone"...not my worse error ever but close. The eagle later on #13 kind of made up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back