What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice round Lefty. Looks like you're back in the groove.

I had a good round today but still came away a little disappointed. Shot 35,42 for 77. Normally, I'm happy any time I break 80. But today I was really upset with my putting on the back nine. From a ball striking standpoint, I was in the zone. Only missed one fairway all day and had 13 GIR. The greens I missed were easy up and ins. But, the putting went south on the back. I honestly thought I might threaten par today until the flat stick went ice cold. (Sigh) Maybe on Monday.

Thanks.
Sounds like you are striking it pretty good, 13 greens is really solid I know what you are talking about on the putting. It is a continuous struggle for me. Lately I have been tinkering with my grip and seem to have hit on something. I have made everything inside of 6 feet the last two days and on our course that is not easy, every putt has some break. What has helped me is a larger grip and getting the grip totally in my palms. So now the wrists don't get flippy and the ball is rolling really smooth.

Shot a 52/50 for a 102. Played a more difficult course then I normally play and with the rain we got it was hoping to break 100. Had some good shots which was good and was generally able to keep the tee shots in the fairway but once the ball was on the ground even dropping it out of the standing water didn't help much. Was like playing on a sponge. And we got caught in the rain on 12 but the sun came out again and we finished up the round. Was disappointed in my putting yesterday. Way more 3 putts then I have had in a round in along time.

34/38 for a 72 yesterday (7100+ yards, 73.9/137). Had 2 penalty strokes on par 5's on my second shots...once on the front, once on the back. On the front it was on a 633 yarder, I had 295 left and was just trying to hit a 4 iron up to a little wedge distance, thinking birdie all the way...put it in the weeds/trees right (was late and pushed it). Same thing on the back 9, KILLED a drive and had a 6 iron from 205 in...again, late, and pushed it right in the trees. Saved par both times though, luckily, which pleased me because it shows my mental focus is coming around a bit more and I'm not letting a bad shot ruin my round.

Missed a bunch of birdie putts inside of 15 feet, a few inside of 10 feet. Hit a couple of chunks that led to bogeys, and had a few other alignment issues and pushed to account for 4 bogeys on the day. Solid round all in all, with the potential to be a really solid one.

Played at Legacy Golf Club here in Sarasota this morning, and a beauty of a day. Felt like I was hitting all my shots well today, and was making some good putts to prevent getting the bug number on the scorecard. First round in a long time I haven't had a double or triple. Focused on getting off the tee and staying out of trouble. Played in the sand on a few holes but was able to make the shots when I needed to. Has two birdies on the day and had a couple that just missed.

39/40; 79
11 fairways
8 greens
2 birdies, 9 bogeys
30 putts

I shot 43/43 for an 86 yesterday. It felt so much worse! I didn't make a single birdie even though I had alot of chances, two were within 3 feet! I have some serious work to do off the tee and on my putting!

79 for me yesterday. I went 38/41. My nasty draw-hook came back and I missing greens all over place.

The new 3 wood did its job though for me. 6/8 FIR.

I played a fourball match today so not sure exactly what my score was as I picked up 2 or 3 times when I was out of a hole and my partner was in good shape. I had a slow start and was +4 after 4 holes then played the next 8 holes in -3. We ended up winning the match 4&2. I played much better than I have of late and hit 12 GIR today and gave myself 8 really good birdie chances. My putter was also behaving a bit better but I still managed to leave myself with second putts of 3 or 4 feet on a few occasions which doesn't make life easy.

81 yesterday down in Austin. +7 on just 3 holes. Common theme lately. Was 2 for 9 in up and downs. Ouch. Heading back to Big D this afternoon in time for US Open watching.

I played nine holes this morning with a good friend of mine and his wife. The guy really knows the golf swing well and plays to a low handicap. With a couple tweaks from his advice, I was hitting the ball straight with very solid contact. Shot 36 on the front nine! The advice he gave me: Keep my left arm across my chest and turn the club with the shoulders. Also take the club back towards the outside and up. Straight shots to a baby fade which rocked my jock :bulgy-eyes:!!! No more duck hooks which I was plagued with last Sunday. Back home waiting on MaryC to arrive for an afternoon round. Myself, KellyBo & MaryC will tee it up again at 02:00 p.m.

43/49 for 92

Played by myself. Hit the back nine first and started out well. Nothing higher than bogey. Played the back with 3 older gals and another guy on the back and just lost it I guess. I sucked off the tee. Score is pretty good for me from the blues at my course. Hotter than balls out there.

43/49 for 92

Played by myself. Hit the back nine first and started out well. Nothing higher than bogey. Played the back with 3 older gals and another guy on the back and just lost it I guess. I sucked off the tee. Score is pretty good for me from the blues at my course. Hotter than balls out there.

Wish I coulda made it. It's gonna be like 95+ all week. I hate Iowa.

Yea, it was hot this morning just because all the moisture was cooking off the grass. It was hotter at 8:00am than at noon. Hopefully soon, buddy! Course was in great shape. We needed the rain.

Yea, it was hot this morning just because all the moisture was cooking off the grass. It was hotter at 8:00am than at noon. Hopefully soon, buddy! Course was in great shape. We needed the rain.

I am praying for this weekend I took cuts in the air out front today and no pain. Hopefully it holds up.

Played my favorite Muni today with a couple of friends. Old Fort Golf Club in Murfreesboro, TN. The greens were in their usual pristeen condition.

47/41

I arrived a few minutes early but they asked us to tee off right away so I didn't get to swing any clubs on the range. I had a rough front 9 due to badly struck irons. Only hit 3 GIRs all day. Driver was working well...hit every fairway on the back and all but 3 on the front. Short game was working OK but I am still struggling. Putting was solid (for me) w. 30 putts...not a single 3-putt all day. (woo hoo!!)

I was more excited for one of the guys I was with. He carded 4 pars and a birdie on the front 9. This guy is is typically a 30-32 handicapper. He finished with a 45 on the front (good for him) but fell apart a bt on the back with a 54...still finished with <100...a good day for him.

Well I start with what I shot on Friday first, 92 @ Tot Hills Farm, NC- I started off the day with a bogey, par, double, and then 4 straight pars, back to bogey, oh yeah add a 10 in there somewhere. I hit 10 fairways and had 32 puts. I'm right on the verge of playing really well, shooting in the 80's. I birdied out to finish the round.

Today MightyQuinn and I played 36 holes at another new course to the both of us. I was working on some things and just was not striking the ball well. Every thing I was trying to do just left me felling frustrated. 92 on the first 18, with a string on pars, and just was not feeling the second round 99.

Oh, mine gott. The River at Pine Needles. 4 birds. 36/45 for 81. TWO bad shots. One perfect shot just...lost. Hit the front corner of the green and vanished.
I'm beginning to develop a bit of a twitch whenever it looks like the 70s are a gimmie. I plan to treat that with large quantities of rye.

Played to +1 today at my home course, which was playing very, very nicely. I was in a 6/6/6 game which made me make a couple of stupid decisions early, but I recovered well and even got it back to par before dropping a shot on the tough 17th. Anywho, 30 putts pleases me, as does the GIRs and FIRs..

june1773.png

KellyBo, Roger, & myself played with MaryC today. Had a great time for nine holes today prior to the US Open tournament. I need to brag about our buddy MaryC! She played the best golf I have ever seen her play !:blob:.... Her driver, irons, & new Callaway hybrids were spot on. She recently had her driver shaft changed and I must say, it made a huge difference for her. Kudos to MaryC, for hitting the ball very well with everything in her bag..... :clapp:

45 / 43= 88
It was so freaking slow.

43/44-87, which considering I wanted to choke 1/2 the people out there, wasn't too bad.

A beautifully played 90 today. The weather was perfect

Played TPC of Louisiana Par 72

44/47 - 91

Greens are being aerated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Played 9 and shot a nasty 50. Hit 4 out of 7 FW's with 15 putts. Had one par, four bogeys, two doubles and two triples. Just couldn't get any distance off the tee so I had no chances to score. As usual.

Played 9 and shot a nasty 50. Hit 4 out of 7 FW's with 15 putts. Had one par, four bogeys, two doubles and two triples. Just couldn't get any distance off the tee so I had no chances to score. As usual.

15 putts is really good. Rolling that putter nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back