The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposite for me. Course was giving range balls away for free all day. I spent a good hour there hitting balls, watching kids hit balls, etc. Granted, the youngest was prob 8 or 9, so they were all pretty well behaved.

I played a round and at the turn I looked at the range. I saw 10 dads with maybe 20 kids hitting balls. I thought it was great. None of them running around or anything just a great site

I played a round and at the turn I looked at the range. I saw 10 dads with maybe 20 kids hitting balls. I thought it was great. None of them running around or anything just a great site

That is great! Not something you see every day but puts a smile on your face when you do.

Picked the WRONG day to go to the driving range was more like a day care center today daddy,daddy,daddy daddy watch me had a few pop up over my shoulder..
Similar to my rant. I really thought I was going to have to start taking people out today. I know it's Dad's day and all that, but why, why, WHY would you decide that the ONE thing you want to go out and do with your dad is play a game you have either never played before, or only play on this day? It was the worst, slowest, rudest, don't know the rules OR the etiquette, day on the course I've seen in a LONG time.
Hey, it's cool you're out there with your kid, doing stuff and being a dad, but is this the ONLY day of the year you could think to do something like this with them? So poor manners and etiquette starts here; when I roll up on you as a single (later as a double) and you haven't even teed off yet, how about asking if I'd like to go through??!?! I came up on a group of two dads and two kids THREE times on the tee box and not once did they even bother looking at me to see if I wanted to go through. After that third time, I just drove around them, since they were exactly an entire hole behind (which tends to happen when you get 10s on every hole).

What made all this worse, was the weather was awesome and the course was in good shape. All that ruined by people that should probably take up boating, or camping, or something.
Anti-Rant: I was happy to see at least 8 young girls out there, swinging their little hearts out and having fun.

Chosen1: I wish the people mentioned above had stayed on the range, but no, it was generally completely empty.

Ugh got sick in Dallas with some type of stomach issue and still not feeling right. which in turn means i cant go get some short game practice in with my new wedge i got for fathers day.

That's how it was here TOAD. I was a single(was supposed to get paired up but he dropped out since his coupon was only good for M-F so he walked out rather angrily/quickly) and got stuck behind 3 foursomes. Two of them let me through but the last one held me up on the last 3 holes which my last three holes were bogeys cause of the slower pace that I couldn't get used to.(I actually could feel myself tighten up sitting in the cart) Cause of the three straight bogeys I ended up with an 81. Ugh.

It was packed out there though!

We went to dinner at my wife's grandfather's country club. Dinner was good, but the course looked better.

I've pondered asking him what it would take to get a round there, but I'm not comfortable asking him for favors.

The price of flights. And how I cant find a flight for my mom to fly out that isn't 800$ round trip, has 4 connections, or involves a red-eye. Just stupid.

The price of flights. And how I cant find a flight for my mom to fly out that isn't 800$ round trip, has 4 connections, or involves a red-eye. Just stupid.

Tadashi is taking flying lessons. Maybe he can fly her out!

I golfed on friday to avoid the fathers day crowd. But I sure wish I could have been out there today with my dad holding people up and bonding with him. It's not a day for proper etiquette and following the rules, it's a day to just be together doing something fun.

Tapatalk is terrible terrible terrible.

Posted via tapatalk

Tapatalk is terrible terrible terrible.

Posted via tapatalk

Big time rant for me also. It absolutely crapped out for about 45 mins for me.

We went to dinner at my wife's grandfather's country club. Dinner was good, but the course looked better.

I've pondered asking him what it would take to get a round there, but I'm not comfortable asking him for favors.

Just gotta do it. Connections will get you far in life and grandfathers love that kind of stuff (usually).

It shouldn't be hard to show interest without asking to get on. Just drop frequent compliments and talk about courses you enjoy.

Mother doesn't seem to understand that if my darling, cute kitten starts eating my pepper plants, it will regret it. I have capsaicin extract lying around, and while it won't do any long lasting or any physical harm, with will make it think twice before it decides to mess with them again.

Mother doesn't seem to understand that if my darling, cute kitten starts eating my pepper plants, it will regret it. I have capsaicin extract lying around, and while it won't do any long lasting or any physical harm, with will make it think twice before it decides to mess with them again.

That sure would be a sight to see. Oh man. Catnip x 1000000? Lol

Food poisoning really sucks, especially since today is the day for our home inspection. I just called in a prescription for myself for the first time in years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So sorry ary. Hope you feel better.

Food poisoning does suck, ary. Hope you feel better soon.

Ary, it's the worst!! Hope you get better buddy.

Food poisoning really sucks, especially since today is the day for our home inspection. I just called in a prescription for myself for the first time in years.

That sucks man. Hope you feel better soon

hope you feel better ary! that sucks!

my rant is people that think they are helping you but actually have no clue what the heck they are talking about.

Thats brutal! had it one time and thought I was dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back