The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the conversion rate on the Canadian Handicaps?

I believe they should get at least three extra strokes because they only get to play three months a year.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Last week I ranted about people posting indexes when it was irrelevant info. Said that it reminded me of other forums.

Well the FIRST TIME in a long time I look up opinions on something through @lurking" another site and what do I see?!?! Read the last sentence.

...View attachment 4910

I don't get the rant. If a person has a handicap similar to me, I am going to find their opinion most applicable. If a 1 handicap says an iron is plenty forgiving, or flys to high. I am going to take that with a grain of salt, because I just don't ahve the ball striking or the swing that he does in all likelihood. Similar if the guy is a 30 handicap and says an iron isn't forgiving enough or has trouble getting the ball in the air. I'm not saying their opinions are worth anymore or less based on their handicap, but it may relate to me in a better way based on what type of player they are.

I really suck at sarcasm on here.

Sorry guys. I meant nothing by it.

What's the conversion rate on the Canadian Handicaps?
4-1
I believe they should get at least three extra strokes because they only get to play three months a year.

In most places you are correct.

I read your post as you joking, I figured everyone else did as well.

Nah dude, I got exactly what you were laying down. I found it pretty funny.

Just caught up here and figured that's what you were going for throwing in the 0.1 handicap better.. You could probably take him in 12 holes as well. (sarcasm).

FWIW I do not have an actual handicap

I don't get the rant. If a person has a handicap similar to me, I am going to find their opinion most applicable. If a 1 handicap says an iron is plenty forgiving, or flys to high. I am going to take that with a grain of salt, because I just don't ahve the ball striking or the swing that he does in all likelihood. Similar if the guy is a 30 handicap and says an iron isn't forgiving enough or has trouble getting the ball in the air. I'm not saying their opinions are worth anymore or less based on their handicap, but it may relate to me in a better way based on what type of player they are.

See, this is where I respectfully disagree. Because you cannot judge a post that is talking about ball flight characteristics on a guys handicap.

Maybe this was one of the time when he should have mentioned an actual swing speed or flight tendencies. Because I guarantee you that I can hit the ball a lot higher and further than many of the guys on here. But at the same time a good majority of those same guys are going to whip my butt all up and down a golf course.

My rant is not about posting indexes. It is about posting indexes when the subject at hand has no bearing on handicap indexes.

See while I do agree with you. I believe as a 3.9 index I just think it's important for everyone to know where their place is on the golf course and even on this forum

And I'm a tool because I just got that!

I make all my scores up and play forged buttery irons.

Sorry, that went right over my head.

I don't know man. FWIW I just think anyone above a 5.0 index shouldn't hit forged irons..they just aren't good enough to handle them.

Outings, Tour Van Events, the Morgan Cup and local gatherings erase all that other stuff. The term outing approved says it all. :D

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

But you are left handed so I already put you in an inferior category, regardless

But you are left handed so I already put you in an inferior category, regardless

Left handed is enough of a handicap!

I don't know man. FWIW I just think anyone above a 5.0 index shouldn't hit forged irons..they just aren't good enough to handle them.
I hit forged irons. Actually, right on the back of them it is stamped in capital letters, F O R G E D.

Well, you do play buttery forged irons. Although I would compare them to refrigerated butter...

FWIW as a single digit capper I believe that lefty's shouldn't play golf. And I believe that this statement would be "Outing Approved"!

Outings, Tour Van Events, the Morgan Cup and local gatherings erase all that other stuff. The term outing approved says it all. :D

Even if you play like crap! Its a BLAST.

For the record, I don't post my real hcp on here. Is that bad?

For the record, I don't post my real hcp on here. Is that bad?

Hey TC. Ima send you a completely unrelated PM.

I don't like being judged.

Fire away Colt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back