Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
This interesting device arrived for a THP homepage review. The device is called The Rope It and it's amazingly simple, it's a real golf ball on a 20 yard long rope so that you can anchor it down and hit balls in your backyard. I've gotten it out for a test run and I have to say it's pretty cool and nice to be able to hit a real ball in the yard without having to worry about breaking a window. The Rope It is designed for middle irons (6,7,8). Here are some pictures and a quick video of it in use in my yard.

03ecc3df.jpg

d9b62786.jpg

f6f24f72.jpg

a469efec.jpg

f04c4eea.jpg

[video=youtube;apbKX-kaGiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apbKX-kaGiE[/video]

Disclaimer: watch that rope if you're recording yourself hitting balls with The Rope It. :wink:

This looks pretty awesome! My Wife would kill me for taking huge divots in the yard, but would be fun to practice with!

Looks interesting Jake. Have fun with that dude.

This looks pretty awesome! My Wife would kill me for taking huge divots in the yard, but would be fun to practice with!
Exactly my concern. I was careful not to take a divot and moved my spot each time I hit it.

Hope your camera is ok. Seems like a lot of work having to get the ball each time and then worry about the rope.

Looks dangerous. How long is the eye screw and rope knot
supposed to last? I can see that failing and putting a ball through the neighbors house or a passing car. (But I am paranoid).

I think I'd rather hit birdie balls.

Such a simple idea that its great in that facet, but I can't help but think of SO many things that would/could go wrong if I was using it lol

Hah! That is funny... And it could get real interesting depending on how that rope feeds out.

Good job!

Interesting one, Jake.

Looks dangerous. How long is the eye screw and rope knot
supposed to last? I can see that failing and putting a ball through the neighbors house or a passing car. (But I am paranoid).

Me too. I don't know if I could do it.

lmao great video Jake. i dunno if im a fan of that eye screw what if it comes loose and the ball keeps going?

lmao great video Jake. i dunno if im a fan of that eye screw what if it comes loose and the ball keeps going?
I was wondering the same thing. My neighbors would be...well, they wouldnt be happy.

That looks interesting. I just wouldn't want to take divots in my yard like has been mentioned already.

Exactly my concern. I was careful not to take a divot and moved my spot each time I hit it.

If your tentative to take a divot out of your yard (rightfully so) do you feel your getting the full potential out of the device?

If your tentative to take a divot out of your yard (rightfully so) do you feel your getting the full potential out of the device?
Probably not dude. I do have some pieces of carpet about the size of a hitting mat at the driving range that I thought about laying down to hit off of that.

Sounds good man. I'm curious to know your final thoughts.

I think I'd be using a mat with this, and maybe hitting away from the houses, just in case! Loved the video. This could be an interesting review.

Interesting product. Bit concerned about how long the screw would last. What are your opinions on the durability of the rope ????

My worry isn't really the screw as much as it is the rope for some reason. I almost wrecked the old lady next door's window last year. She's already got an eye on me. This might push her over the edge.

Nice start to this one Jake. My initial thought was worries about the rope snapping back at you but I guess its more of a rope than a rubber band. Video was good until the end, then it got better. LOL

I don't know why but this product kind of scares me. I mean if you have a ton of room in your back yard then it should be a winner.

LOL @ Jake's swing taking out the camera

Jake - designed for 6,7,8 irons. What happens if you were to hit a PW or your 4 hybrid?

hahahahahaha...hilarious video

oooo lala. My wife is gonna have questions if I get this. The divots in my yard are just starting to grow back...

what kind of spin does the dixon get lol

interesting...but scary, the "what if" scares me to death

Back