The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is. This person was my father figure growing up. I left home and a guaranteed winner to go with him to a terrible no win situation for us as a staff because he asked and he taught me to always be loyal. Now though, the axe gets dropped and I walk away from the game to save my marriage and I was never a friend? Just an acquaintance for the past 14 years? It makes me wonder what the hell I trashed my knees for all those years, why I had to put in ignorant hours for years and basically be a ghost to my loved ones 1/2 if the year every year? Why did I coach with every ounce of my being when we knew there was no talent to coach?

Talk about two faced. I just can't comprehend ever being like that to someone you supposedly care about. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im so sorry to hear that dude. As mentioned, I am going through something very similar right now and I find myself so conflicted with emotion. Switching between anger, guilty and even compassion in a weird way. I have a way of disconnecting myself from it and moving my life ahead, but it always comes back.

It really is. This person was my father figure growing up. I left home and a guaranteed winner to go with him to a terrible no win situation for us as a staff because he asked and he taught me to always be loyal. Now though, the axe gets dropped and I walk away from the game to save my marriage and I was never a friend? Just an acquaintance for the past 14 years? It makes me wonder what the hell I trashed my knees for all those years, why I had to put in ignorant hours for years and basically be a ghost to my loved ones 1/2 if the year every year? Why did I coach with every ounce of my being when we knew there was no talent to coach?

Talk about two faced. I just can't comprehend ever being like that to someone you supposedly care about. Ever.

That sucks dude. I think it would be time for a new school and maybe new town for me if that happened.

Nothing worse than being duped by someone you respect, trust and have been vulnerable with.

Im so sorry to hear that dude. As mentioned, I am going through something very similar right now and I find myself so conflicted with emotion. Switching between anger, guilty and even compassion in a weird way. I have a way of disconnecting myself from it and moving my life ahead, but it always comes back.

I'm going through all of that, I'm just shocked. It's just a seesaw of emotions. I hate this.

That sucks dude. I think it would be time for a new school and maybe new town for me if that happened.

It's not the town anymore, I just teach now, stress free and I've got a great gig. He's actually in the town I live in now and I haven't seen him in almost a year, we live about a 2 miles apart. He says I don't try, it's a two way street though. I'm a traitor though for not leaving where he was fired from apparently, a traitor for keeping a job to get my wife through residency? Really?

It's not the town anymore, I just teach now, stress free and I've got a great gig. He's actually in the town I live in now and I haven't seen him in almost a year, we live about a 2 miles apart. He says I don't try, it's a two way street though. I'm a traitor though for not leaving where he was fired from apparently, a traitor for keeping a job to get my wife through residency? Really?

Wow. Just wow. Talk about someone who doesn't see the priorities of others.

I'm going through all of that, I'm just shocked. It's just a seesaw of emotions. I hate this.

It really is. I hope I get some closure at some point, but I have to confront it (again) and I am not sure I am willing to do so, rather than just move onwards and upwards.

It really is. I hope I get some closure at some point, but I have to confront it (again) and I am not sure I am willing to do so, rather than just move onwards and upwards.

I hear ya. It's been a year and I really thought I'd moved on, things are wonderful and my wife and I are happy, then all this comes back. It's just beyond my understanding at this point.

Jman, I hate hearing this. You're a good dude, and the fact that you did what you had to do to get your wife through residency proves it. I hate that this has you down a bit, but you're in the right here, and did what you had to do for your marriage and your family. You're a good man, we're all here for you bro.

Finding out just how two faced your mentor really is. Why is it so hard to just be happy for someone being happy rather than being bitter?

What a waste of youth and years thereafter. I will never coach again, ever.

I know exactly what you mean. I went through the same thing today. People I thought were friends now won't answer the phone or return a text.
It sucks but you can only move on to bigger & better things.

JMan, sorry to hear that. I read it on the other place I connect with others and was gonna wish you the best there too. Sorry man, nothing worse than any of that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Jman, I hate hearing this. You're a good dude, and the fact that you did what you had to do to get your wife through residency proves it. I hate that this has you down a bit, but you're in the right here, and did what you had to do for your marriage and your family. You're a good man, we're all here for you bro.

War, I really appreciate the kind words, more than you know. I take solace in doing what's right for my wife and I. This place is what pulled me through all of that in the first place, I was in a dark place and as corny as it is, everyone here pulled me through. It's why my wife loves THP.

I know exactly what you mean. I went through the same thing today. People I thought were friends now won't answer the phone or return a text.
It sucks but you can only move on to bigger & better things.
Easy to say, hard to do when the person practically raised you. Not trying to be rude at all here dude, so please don't take it that way.

JMan, sorry to hear that. I read it on the other place I connect with others and was gonna wish you the best there too. Sorry man, nothing worse than any of that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Tmex, thank you for the words brother, I mean it.

Jman family always comes first dude. You are in the right and you just need to remember that. Anyone who would ask you to do something that would hurt your family is not a friend.

JB as always just call if you need to vent

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Easy to say, hard to do when the person practically raised you. Not trying to be rude at all here dude, so please don't take it that way.

I don't take it that way, no problem here. I was trying to say that I understand.

I'm sorry to hear it Jman. I hate just saying that because I wish I could do more to help. But we're here for you if you need it. I think you're doing the right thing.

USPS has by far the worst tracking system. Most of the time I get the package before it is registered in their system. I don't see them making past 10 years from now without failing.

USPS has by far the worst tracking system. Most of the time I get the package before it is registered in their system. I don't see them making past 10 years from now without failing.

Agreed and have seen the same thing. In all honesty, it seems pointless that they even have a tracking system since it essentially never gets updated.

Agreed and have seen the same thing. In all honesty, it seems pointless that they even have a tracking system since it essentially never gets updated.

I think if it wasn't for the basic paper mail, they would have already failed. Nobody wants to take that part over, so they keep going.

It's not really a tracking system, but they call it that. Unless you pay for it, it's just delivery confirmation and it gets updated when the box is on the steps.

I'm

Jman, some guys don't see the big picture, and unfortunately that is whats happening. I am sure you care about the dude, but at the same time saving your family by continuing to work while your wife was in residency was the more important decision, and you absolutely made the right one. If he can't see what you did was for the good of your family than maybe he needs to take a step back and realize stuff is sometimes a bit more complicated than it seems

I messed up at work and had to apologize to a co-worker. I hate being wrong, but I was in the wrong.

I mean really ... is the USPS good for anything other than filling my mailbox with junk?? They should make junk mail illegal.

I mean really ... is the USPS good for anything other than filling my mailbox with junk?? They should make junk mail illegal.

They'd lobby against that so hard. At this point, they don't have much left aside from paper bills.

There was just a report about the state of USPS on MSNBC not too long ago....they're losing money left and right and tyhe postal workers union won''t rework their contract to free up some money that would help out USPS tremendously. They won't fully go under though because they have a partnership with UPS and FedEx where those carriers use USPS resources in remote places and it would be more expensive for UPS and FedEx to add those areas to their delivery routes rather than to keep using USPS resources.

I twisted my ankle yesterday somehow just sitting at my desk. Then I played golf on it, and now my ankle hurts like a motherF*****! How the hell did I sprain my ankle sitting at my desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back