What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
37/39 = 76
A double bogey on par 5 16th killed me.

Still a nice score, DD!

Haha! That's awesome dude. I love it. This spring down in western Nebraska we played this uphill and into the wind par 5. I went driver (hit it decent) and 2 bombed hybrids and had to hammer a gap wedge to the front fringe. Chutted it in for a par. I felt like I made eagle.

That sounds about right in my world. I'm bad on the par 5's.

I shot 81 with a sick driver. I could not hit the big stick at all today so thank goodness my irons were working well. My ATV wedge shined for me too :clapp:

Nice round buddy.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Played this morning with Steele at this little course about 30 minutes away....lots of old tall trees and several very tight driving holes because of them....I started off okay...was really hitting my driver well....greens were very inconsistent...one was fast the next slow....got hot at the end of the front nine and went par, birdie, birdie, par to finish the front with a 39 and I started thinking about a sub 80 round...but my driver cooled off a little and I couldn't chip to save my a$$...so I had a 44 on the back...for an 83...not too bad, but it could have been so much better.

Here are the stats

Fairways 10/14
GIR 8/18
Putts 34
Bunkers 2
Sand Saves 1/2
Penalties 0

I am telling you If I could learn to chip I would be dangerous...LOL

First round out in a couple weeks letting the wrist get healed and I somehow put up a nice little 37/38 for a 75.

Was a good day. Irons were still crisp, burnt a TON of edges (loving the SS Ultra Slim grip), got off the tee all day with only one miss left and it was just a pull not a pull hook, and the F5 is like cheating. It was part of a tremendously good day for me!

Holy Jeebus...Jman...nice shooting!

Still a nice score, DD!

Thanks Hawk. That round was just a warm up for this afternoon's round with the wife at the course across the street from the one I played this morning.
WooHoo...36 holes today !

I'm jealous, DD.

Nice round SandbaggerTim!

Shot 45 on 9

Nice round SandbaggerTim!

LOL....it was that flurry at the end of the front nine...heck I left an eagle putt one turn short on 7 and a birdie putt one turn short on 9 or it could have been really good!

Only played nine. Shot a 43.

Got invited to play River Forest today and MADE myself take a break from packing, cleaning, painting, etc. Had such a good time with the ladies even though I stunk at the game shooting a 96. Had a par on the first hole, then a 9 on the 2nd. I think I had 5 or 6 three putts. I have no interest/focus in the game right now but really needed a girls day out. I'll be back as soon as we get this move behind us and will be practicing to get my game back!

Hey busy lady, sounds like you need to get that minor details taken care of so you can get back to the important stuff (golf, of course.) Glad you had that day out!

I shot 81 with a sick driver. I could not hit the big stick at all today so thank goodness my irons were working well. My ATV wedge shined for me too :clapp:

UH OH! sounds like the wood shed is back in business. Gonna be some whomping going on...

Gross Gross Gross 43. Really ugly.

UH OH! sounds like the wood shed is back in business. Gonna be some whomping going on...

haha Thanks good buddy! I'm looking forward to the Atlanta Tour stop and yes, the woodshed will be on site :thumb:

Shot an 80 at swope. My personal best. Not an easy track I am really happy
Congrats on your PB! Very nice shooting.

I am telling you If I could learn to chip I would be dangerous...LOL
That's what I'm working on too. It's getting better every round.

Shot 43 on 9 holes before we got rained out.

Shot 77 yesterday, 40/37. I hit the ball pretty well but didn't putt well at all. Still happy overall.

Ugly 94. Hit the ball really well, but picked the same day to both try changing my chipping approach and a new putter I hadn't had a chance to practice with. The short game was determined to make up for any good shots I hit. Still optimistic the scores are going to head south soon.

Shot a -4 68 34/34. My first under par round ever and first round in the 60's. It was a 2 person scramble tournament and my partner didn't show up and they said I couldn't play 2 balls, so I was pissed. I think that got me fired up to go low. I wanted to play inspiring golf. I started off birdie birdie. Then made bogey on the next hole. Then I Birdied the 5th. Then bogeyed the 6th (hit hybrid on a 210 Par 3 into some weeds, lucky I hacked out for bogey). Then turn around a birdie the 7th. Then made Par until the 10th, which I birdied. Bogeyed 12. Bogeyed 14. Birdied 15. Birdied 16. And Birdied 18. It was amazing golf. I was inspired to smoke everyone by myself. But it was not to be. I putted really well mostly. I felt that I left some out there, but I'm still really happy. Everyone was majorly impressed with the score. I won long drive too, which was pretty sweet. BTW: The winning score was -11 61. When I saw that, I knew I was screwed from the start. HAHA. But it was awesome.

Shot a -4 68 34/34. My first under par round ever and first round in the 60's. It was a 2 person scramble tournament and my partner didn't show up and they said I couldn't play 2 balls, so I was pissed. I think that got me fired up to go low. I wanted to play inspiring golf. I started off birdie birdie. Then made bogey on the next hole. Then I Birdied the 5th. Then bogeyed the 6th (hit hybrid on a 210 Par 3 into some weeds, lucky I hacked out for bogey). Then turn around a birdie the 7th. Then made Par until the 10th, which I birdied. Bogeyed 12. Bogeyed 14. Birdied 15. Birdied 16. And Birdied 18. It was amazing golf. I was inspired to smoke everyone by myself. But it was not to be. I putted really well mostly. I felt that I left some out there, but I'm still really happy. Everyone was majorly impressed with the score. I won long drive too, which was pretty sweet. BTW: The winning score was -11 61. When I saw that, I knew I was screwed from the start. HAHA. But it was awesome.

That is truly awesome young man and very proud of ya! :clapp: Now I'm going to hate it when I send you to the woodshed at the Atlanta Tour stop :D

That is truly awesome young man and very proud of ya! :clapp: Now I'm going to hate it when I send you to the woodshed at the Atlanta Tour stop :D

Thank you Bill!! I can't wait for the Tour Stop. Maybe, I'll get a free pass out of the woodshed!! Haha

Shot 46/39 today and although the 85 is a good score for me it was also the first time I have ever broken 40. The hot nine included 4 bogeys, 4 pars & 1 birdie.

Strange thing is the guy I was playing with (similar handicap) shot 39/46 today and had also never broken 40. Had to duplicate the scorecard so we both could take one home.

Good times.

Played 9 after work. Shot 41 with 16 putts. Man the ball just wouldn't fall. Was hitting it pretty good too! Phooey.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Haha! That's awesome dude. I love it. This spring down in western Nebraska we played this uphill and into the wind par 5. I went driver (hit it decent) and 2 bombed hybrids and had to hammer a gap wedge to the front fringe. Chutted it in for a par. I felt like I made eagle.

I can still remember playing a par 5 into a 40 mph wind at my high school regional 20 years ago like it was yesterday. I hit driver, 3W, 3W, knock down wedge to a foot for par.

Best hole of my life.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Played 9 after work today for a 41 with 15 putts. A couple of poor tee shots cost me about 4 of those strokes. Back was feeling a bit tight from a road-trip golf excursion last weekend, but it finally started to loosen up toward the end of the day. Strangest hole of the day was the 5th, an uphill 480 yard par-5. I hit a very nice draw off the tee to about 210 to the pin, uphill. I choked up and thinned a 2-hybrid off to the right of the hole, pin-high on the far side of a bunker. With visions of birdie dancing in my head, I got cute with a wedge and came up a couple of inches short. The bunker was a little wetter than I thought and I was thin through the ball, sending it over the green and another bunker. Now with a bunch of people watching me from a nearby porch, I hit a flop shot about 25 yards that landed soft and rolled to 5 feet. I sunk the breaking putt for a bogie. Just a funky hole.

Took my newish putting stroke to the course and muscled out a +2 38. Went on a two bogey stretch, but saved par from the sand on the following hole to get some momentum back.

It's time to take one of these rounds low. No more 76-78 every time out.

Lots of good rounds in here from the Des Moines group, let's hope you carry that momentum into next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back