2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of puma shoes.

I thought I had my mind made up on a blue driver, but man the more I hit the silver and the red the more it clouded my vision for my MC bag. I'm sure I will have a different color for each wood/hybrid in the bag.

That variation would be sweet!!

I have been drooling over all the great options out there...it will make for a tough decision for the Cobra staffers

Are you thinking multiple woods and multiple hybrids like last year or has the technology with the cell line changed that thinking?

Last year I went 2 hybrids and a 4 wood. Not sure exactly yet but I imagine ill go with 2 woods and 1 hybrid this time around since I can tweak lofts. Time will tell...

Last year I went 2 hybrids and a 4 wood. Not sure exactly yet but I imagine ill go with 2 woods and 1 hybrid this time around since I can tweak lofts. Time will tell...

Yeah with the expanded range for adjustability it really opens the options up!!!

Thinking 15/18 and then a 21ish hybo? I love that setup. I am just looking forward to seeing what irons you go with dude.

Deano, with the adjustability options you will have your bag setup can be completely different for each round if desired. What am awesome option to have.

Deano, with the adjustability options you will have your bag setup can be completely different for each round if desired. What am awesome option to have.

Yeah man and from the sounds of the 2 courses, that could be huge!

I have definitely pondered a Cobra bag that had 2 fairways and 2 hybo's. With all the loft variations that would be killer.

Thinking 15/18 and then a 21ish hybo? I love that setup. I am just looking forward to seeing what irons you go with dude.

Yup I'm thinking 15 and 18. Can set it up different between rounds since the courses down there play differently. I'm interested to see the irons that are offered and wedges too.

Yup and I'm pretty sure that will happen. Strengthen that 3 wood for Caledonia since it will be used more off the tee most likely.

I picked up a Cobra Baffler 2H recently with the Motore S shaft. That baby is $$ off the deck I've been getting an excellent flight with this one with great distance to shorten up those long par 5's.
I fell in Love with the Amp Cell driver in NC and I know many THPer's lust after that Baby. It'll be cool once the Amp Cell line hits the stores they'll be hard to keep on the shelf's once the word gets out.

The new myfly system is sick. Now if you could adjust during the round the world would be good. I think it's going to be very interesting to see 8 different set ups

I have 10 Cleveland clubs in the bag right now and could easily make that 14. With some of the new Classic and 588 offerings coming out, I would load that up with Miyazaki power and be more than happy.

Light weight graphite is a game changer.

Yup I'm thinking 15 and 18. Can set it up different between rounds since the courses down there play differently. I'm interested to see the irons that are offered and wedges too.

Yup and I'm pretty sure that will happen. Strengthen that 3 wood for Caledonia since it will be used more off the tee most likely.

Being able to strengthen that 3-wood is going to be huge. I really like what Cobra is bringing.

The AMP Cell, AMP Cell Offset and AMP Cell Pro. These big sticks feature Cobra’s new MyFly technology, which allows golfers to select from six different loft and trajectory settings depending on factors ranging from their swing to the weather to course conditions. Silver, Directoire Blue, Barbados Red and Vibrant Orange for the AMP Cell, and Vibrant Orange and Silver for the Pro model. The clubs’ soles boast a curved Cell band in the featured color, while the crown color is solid. The Offset model is Revolver Grey with hints of Barbados Red.

Using a wrench, golfers can adjust the AMP Cell and Offset drivers to 8.5 degrees, 9.5 degrees, 9.5 degrees Draw, 10.5 degrees Draw and 11.5 degrees. The AMP Cell Pro, designed for players with faster swing speeds, can be adjusted to 7.5, 8.5, 8.5 Fade, 9.5, 9.5 Fade and 10.5 degrees. All versions utilize Cobra’s proprietary SmartPad technology to deliver a square face at address regardless of the loft setting and still allow the face to be slightly open or closed as desired.

This MyFly adjustability is Cobra’s next step up from the Adjustable Flight Technology found in current drivers such as the ZL Encore. That allows golfers to select from three different face angle settings (Closed, Neutral and Open).

These new drivers also contain Cobra’s E9 Face Technology with dual roll, which is found in current models including the AMP and ZL Encore. This gives the clubface a 12 percent larger, elliptical sweet spot that improves distance and accuracy on mis-hits from heel to toe and above and below the centerline.

At Cobra, AMP stands for Advanced Material Placement, which is the company's way of thinning the clubhead walls and redistributing up to 15 grams of mass deep and back in the head, while Cell technology saves and redistributes weight to the Cell band that wraps around the clubhead to the crown. This band also shows the golfer where the weight is distributed.

The AMP Cell Driver has its Center of Gravity optimized for low-mid handicap players, while the AMP Cell Pro uses a lower, more neutral Center of Gravity position for better players. The AMP Cell Offset has a heel-biased Center of Gravity to help correct slices.

The AMP Cell carries a suggested retail price of $299 and will be available in both right- and left-handed models. It comes in Stiff, Regular and Lite flexes and features a Fujikura Fuel shaft (60g S and R, 55g L and 45.75” length) and a 460cc head. The Pro model carries a suggested retail price of $399, and comes in right- and left-handed models with a MRC Kurokage shaft (65g and 45.25” length) and a 440cc head. The Offset, whch retails for $249, wil be available in 10.5-degree loft in Stiff, Regular or Lite flexes for both right-hand and left-hand models, as well as a right hand 11.5-degree model in either Regular or Lite flexes.

These drivers will be available at retail on Feb. 8, 2013.

Also coming out early next year are AMP Cell fairway clubs and hybrids, also containing Cobra’s MyFly adjustability. The fairways will be available in a 3-4 model and a 5-7 model that can be adjusted to eight different lofts. The hybrids will come in 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 models that can be adjusted to 10 different lofts.

This, says Cobra, will give golfers a never-before-seen ability to effectively dial in distance gaps and manage trajectories for their individual long-game needs, as wells as ground and weather conditions. These clubs will come in the same colors as the AMP Cell driver, so golfers can create a matched set or a personalized, mixed look.

The fairway clubs will carry a suggested retail price of $219 per club, and will come in right- and left-handed models with MyFly technology in 3-4W and 5-7W models. The 3-4W model allows golfers to adjust between 13 degrees, 14 degrees, 14 degree Draw, 15 degrees, 15 degree Draw and 16 degrees while the 5-7W model adjusts between 17, 18, 18 Draw, 19, 19 Draw and 20-degree models.

The hybrids will carry a suggested retail price of $199 per club, and will come in both right- and left-handed models with MyFly technology in 2/3H, 3/4H and 4/5H models. The 2/3H model adjusts between 16 degrees, 17, 17 Draw, 18, 18 Draw and 19 degrees, while the 3/4H model adjusts between 19 degrees, 20, 20 Draw, 21, 21 Draw and 22 degrees. And the 4/5H model adjusts between 22, 23, 23 Draw, 24, 24 Draw and 25 degrees.

And rounding out the new line will be the AMP Cell Irons, which feature a metalwood face-weld construction, E9 Face Technology and AMP Cell technology as well as a V-Skid sole design, vibration management system and speed channel to help provide enhanced distance, forgiveness and accuracy.

The AMP Cell 4- through 7-irons feature a metalwood construction with a thin, high-strength steel face that is welded to a softer 431 stainless steel body. This optimizes the irons, says Cobra, and helps to generate faster ball speeds for improved distance and forgiveness. The clubs also contain E9 Face Technology to optimize the performance of each individual iron and improve distance, feel and forgiveness based on golfers’ most common impact patterns.

The internal cell weighting in the AMP Cell irons enables precise Center of Gravity placement, while the V-Skid sole combines a higher-bounce leading edge with heel-toe relief, resulting in a sole that is versatile for better players, yet forgiving for mid- and higher-handicappers. This works with the vibration management system to reduce unwanted vibration and sound for exceptional feel.

Just like the AMP Cell drivers, fairways and hybrids, golfers will have a choice in color when selecting their irons. While silver will be the stock option, AMP Cell Irons with Vibrant Orange, Directoire Blue or Barbados Red details also will be available.

The new irons (3-iron through lob wedge) will come in right- and left-handed models in both steel and graphite shafts. Eight-piece sets (4-iron through gap wedge) will carry a street price of $699 for the steel set and $899 for the graphite set. The steel irons will feature True Temper Dynalite 90 shafts and the graphite irons will use Cobra MRC AMP Cell shafts. All irons will feature Lamkin REL .600 grips designed specifically for them.

The altitudes are interesting to say the least. The new wedges look solid and then the rumors of an adjustable Classic...say it isn't so

The altitudes are interesting to say the least. The new wedges look solid and then the rumors of an adjustable Classic...say it isn't so

Ya an adjustable classic that is getting a makeover possibly is the rumors I have heard. Cant wait to see

I think we may see several new products Freddie. Maybe some other game improvement irons, new hybos, and new woods.

And add some Miyazaki shafts in there are you really got something to make your head spin!

I think we may see several new products Freddie. Maybe some other game improvement irons, new hybos, and new woods.

I think Cleveland will have something new in every department. Seems to be consistent with their release cycle.

I have to say Callaway, the new forged players irons are amazing looking, but how about a little preview for a golfer like me.

I have to say Callaway, the new forged players irons are amazing looking, but how about a little preview for a golfer like me.

I have a feeling there ate lots of new things coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back