2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were great thoughts Bradd...I'm sure it's a bit strange for all the Team Hackers members to be going into the new event with all your sponsors returning, but not knowing if you will rep the same sponsor in 2013 or not.

Yeah hit the mb's down in atl, drooling over the pics of the New stuff x forged line for 2013 now though

I'm a long way from gaming mb's but one can dream

I hit Brady's in fla and me Likey

I bet man, first time I've ever yearned for anything close to resembling blades

The new models look to be sweet as well. Can't wait to see them
In person

Well here we are, less than 48 hours until the first few Morgan Cup names are announced. While we have been talking 2013 for a few months now, it seems official to me now that we are moving on from the great memories of 2012 and beginning our journey toward 2013. It is very bittersweet. I will cherish those memories with all those great guys forever, and I look forward to making new ones with the guys that are announced this week.

As I was sitting here thinking again about the 2012 Morgan Cup another thing that is bittersweet is that pretty soon our sponsors will be announced, which is very exciting, but that also means my journey with Callaway Golf may be coming to an end for now. I wanted to take this time to thank Callaway Golf for being such an amazing sponsor for myself and the other 7 staffers at the 2012 Morgan Cup. Before this past year I hadn't played any Callaway equipment for several years, and honestly I never really took much time to hit their equipment, so it wasn't because I thought it was inferior to anything else out there. I began my journey with Callaway very excited, but also nervous because I didn't know what to expect. As time went on I was quickly converted into a Callaway believer, and it wasn't just because they were my sponsor. It was because their equipment truly worked for me in a way that I had never experienced with any other company before. First, I took the time to go get fitted at the Callaway Fitting Studio in Chicago, which was an amazing experience. My time with Mark Krizik, the PGA Professional there, was awesome and he was very detailed in his fitting and explanations of things. The things he explained to me about golf equipment in general taught me a lot about my game, and what I learned about my swing during that time made a huge difference in the equipment I played. From there I selected my equipment, and my words couldn't even begin to say how great they worked for me. I believe that the way I played golf wasn't just because of all the practice I had put in, but because of the quality if equipment I had in my hand.

As if my experience with Callaway Golf hadn't been great enough already, what really made it special for me at The Morgan Cup was to have Chad, the Callaway rep, following along with us all each round cheering us on. I know that there are other things that may have kept the other reps from sticking around for the weekend, I thought the reps for the other companies was great, but Chad came around and watched is, interacted with us, took pictures with us, and STILL interacts with us on Twitter. He is an amazing guy and Callaway better not ever let him go. Anyone sponsored by Callaway this year is in for a real treat working with Chad during the weekend.

Callaway has blown my mind over the last year, and I have no doubt they are going to step it up again this year. My journey with Callaway golf has been a wild ride, one that I will never forget. As we get ready to start a new journey toward 2013 I just want to thank Callaway Golf, Chad, and Mark Krizik for making sure this journey was a once in a lifetime experience. I have a whole new respect for Callaway Golf and what they have to offer, I will continue to use your products and recommend them to other golfers in the coming years, because I have no doubt Callaway will continue to build upon what is already an AMAZING line of golf equipment, and we have already seen a preview of that in the 2013 RAZR X Forged iron. 2013 Callaway staffers, be prepared for the ride of your life.

Awesome post Bradd. Simply Awesome. I completely agree with how amazing Callaway has been to us.

I loved the feel of those mb's, all except the stinger I hit. Can't imagine how sweet these New ones will be!

These are def. some sweetheart clubs Mike. One stinger shouldn't drive you away from them.
The stinger will remind you don't do that again. That feel that you experience with them will instill confidence.

Cobra has the clubs, SeeMore the putter, Puma the clothing. So who is bringing the balls to this party?

That has yet to be announced to this point.

That's an amazing read INgolfer about how your experience with Callaway went. What a great sponsor of the MC

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Wow, INgolfer, that was a fantastic post. I know I'd be proud to be a Cally staffer. You did an awesome job last year, Bradd.

I could see myself with some of the blue Cobra stuff one day :D. The red would be my second choice so we shall see.

I have not played Cally equipment in years. It was back when I had a set of X14 Pro Series irons which by the way were awesome IMO. There is no doubt that Cally will bring the goods, for you Morgan Cuppers that make their staff!

Well here we are, less than 48 hours until the first few Morgan Cup names are announced. While we have been talking 2013 for a few months now, it seems official to me now that we are moving on from the great memories of 2012 and beginning our journey toward 2013. It is very bittersweet. I will cherish those memories with all those great guys forever, and I look forward to making new ones with the guys that are announced this week.

As I was sitting here thinking again about the 2012 Morgan Cup another thing that is bittersweet is that pretty soon our sponsors will be announced, which is very exciting, but that also means my journey with Callaway Golf may be coming to an end for now. I wanted to take this time to thank Callaway Golf for being such an amazing sponsor for myself and the other 7 staffers at the 2012 Morgan Cup. Before this past year I hadn't played any Callaway equipment for several years, and honestly I never really took much time to hit their equipment, so it wasn't because I thought it was inferior to anything else out there. I began my journey with Callaway very excited, but also nervous because I didn't know what to expect. As time went on I was quickly converted into a Callaway believer, and it wasn't just because they were my sponsor. It was because their equipment truly worked for me in a way that I had never experienced with any other company before. First, I took the time to go get fitted at the Callaway Fitting Studio in Chicago, which was an amazing experience. My time with Mark Krizik, the PGA Professional there, was awesome and he was very detailed in his fitting and explanations of things. The things he explained to me about golf equipment in general taught me a lot about my game, and what I learned about my swing during that time made a huge difference in the equipment I played. From there I selected my equipment, and my words couldn't even begin to say how great they worked for me. I believe that the way I played golf wasn't just because of all the practice I had put in, but because of the quality if equipment I had in my hand.

As if my experience with Callaway Golf hadn't been great enough already, what really made it special for me at The Morgan Cup was to have Chad, the Callaway rep, following along with us all each round cheering us on. I know that there are other things that may have kept the other reps from sticking around for the weekend, I thought the reps for the other companies was great, but Chad came around and watched is, interacted with us, took pictures with us, and STILL interacts with us on Twitter. He is an amazing guy and Callaway better not ever let him go. Anyone sponsored by Callaway this year is in for a real treat working with Chad during the weekend.

Callaway has blown my mind over the last year, and I have no doubt they are going to step it up again this year. My journey with Callaway golf has been a wild ride, one that I will never forget. As we get ready to start a new journey toward 2013 I just want to thank Callaway Golf, Chad, and Mark Krizik for making sure this journey was a once in a lifetime experience. I have a whole new respect for Callaway Golf and what they have to offer, I will continue to use your products and recommend them to other golfers in the coming years, because I have no doubt Callaway will continue to build upon what is already an AMAZING line of golf equipment, and we have already seen a preview of that in the 2013 RAZR X Forged iron. 2013 Callaway staffers, be prepared for the ride of your life.
What an awesome post! It really speakers volumes to your commitment to the Morgan Cup, THP, and Callaway. Wile setting the standard of those that were in last year and those that get selected this year. Well done

When I was in Indy a few weeks ago I stopped at the Golfsmith store and they had some SWEET new Puma apparel out. They are getting very creative with their styles, I'm very anxious to see how the Cobra staffers will be scripted. I'm sure by then Puma will have come up with some even better designs.

These are def. some sweetheart clubs Mike. One stinger shouldn't drive you away from them.
The stinger will remind you don't do that again. That feel that you experience with them will instill confidence.

Yeah I got some work to do to get my swing more consistent, ill take the extra forgiveness for td time being

Great post INgolfer. For someone who hasn't been involved with the Morgan Cup this gives me insight into the event and what it means to be sponsored by one of the amazing companies that help make this as you said" a once in a lifetime event".

I'm lucky, thanks to all of these gatherings and trips my wife is very much in tuned with my thp infatuation and is finally starting to care I think

I reluctantly showed my wife my videos and actually got a few laughs out of her. The only THP stuff she heard about was from tyno's wife from last year's Morgan Cup. Getting my wife to laugh at my jokes or in general is something that rarely happens. So if that's the only thing to come out of it, I'd call this a success.

My daughter filmed my video and my wife did a bit of editing by adding some captions. A team effort! They keep asking me about the selection process. They are making me nervous with all their questions! :act-up:

Great post IN! Really goes to show that not only do the participants of the Morgan cup take the event seriously but so do the companies that sponsor them! Looking forward to this week and maybe I can be part of the lucky few that get to experience this awesome event and all that goes with it!

I bought some Puma shoes just the other day.

I'm a fan of puma shoes.

I thought I had my mind made up on a blue driver, but man the more I hit the silver and the red the more it clouded my vision for my MC bag. I'm sure I will have a different color for each wood/hybrid in the bag.

I'm a fan of puma shoes.

I thought I had my mind made up on a blue driver, but man the more I hit the silver and the red the more it clouded my vision for my MC bag. I'm sure I will have a different color for each wood/hybrid in the bag.

I am looking forward to seeing what you put in the bag for the MC!

I think I'll have some fun with it.

There's so much to choose from and all kinds of different ways to go so I think that would be pretty easy to do.

I'm a fan of puma shoes.

And I'm a big fan of the Cobra amp cell driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back