2013 Morgan Cup Selection Thread - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so awesome. My wife, on the other hand, cannot wait for December 1st hahaha
I dont understand why...

Spoiler
20121101_114636.jpg

Jersey Nate - wow.....great videos. I liked 'em sir. Well done!!!!

Chewy - Another great video buddy!!! Great stuff!

Man...after seeing these videos, I'm honored to be selected!

Cpjohn....forgot you sir....great videos as well!!! Nice work!

I believe this video sums up my night:

Great video Jt, so happy you are going to partake in this awesome adventure!

JT723 is one fine young man who will go far in life! I am super proud for ya my friend :clapp:

Well the 2013 Morgan cup selections have come to a close. As a newer member here at THP I wasn’t really sure what this “event” was all about. I read through the threads from last year and thought I had a handle on the what. When the announcement was made for the deadline to enter this event I pretty much thought I was going to just sit back and observe. Along came my son “youngbuck”, he said dad you need to put in a video cause how awesome would it be to be able to get in. That started me thinking about doing it. I started following the thread leading up to the submissions, and the one thing I remember is the amount of people that were pushing for people to submit. And were so supportive about helping one another. I was totally clueless on what it was a judge would be looking for, or what were the magic words to put together to have any chance. So I sat down with my IPAD and took about 100 takes for each video. I was then that I started to feel how important this was to me. The nerves were obviously telling me something, why was I nervous? Was it that I didn’t want people to think I was some kind of idiot? No, really what was going through my mind is that I had hoped that by doing this I would be accepted into something that fuels the passion that I have for this game. I wanted to be accepted as a member of THP, and that somehow it was a way to validate me as a golfer amongst the unknowns on the Internet. What I didn’t realize at the time is that obviously my videos were off base, and I’m somewhat thankful for that. The lesson that I learned through out the week of Nerves, Excitement, and the daily rejection was unbelievable. I wasn’t a flashy saying, or cool camera work, or cute kids getting the members in. It was heart, conviction, perseverance, and the ability to convey those traits unconditionally. Further, in order to be accepted with THP the only thing required was to offer myself, enjoy the friends I’ve already made, and look forward to more friendships being formed. As the Morgan Cup 2013 journey continues I will be there to witness it, and continue to learn from all that have been selected. To all of you that have been selected Congrats, and Thank You from the bottom of my heart for teaching so much more than you realize. I will do my part to help ensure that there are more Morgan Cups in the future, and I hope that everyone will join me

I will be there! Great post!

Dude I almost did, his poor s3 almost took the plunge

Congrats! Your face in the parking lot was great!

Thank You.

I dont think I can type that enough, but seriously, Thank You. To everyone who took the time out of their lives to submit their videos for submission to the Morgan Cup. Right now, emotions are running, I know this, I've been there before. I was sitting at my computer each night this week at 7:59pm refreshing as fast as I could to see who would be joining in on this ride of the MC 2013. I love seeing a lot of first timers in the MC, hell, I am a first timer to this event as well. There were SO MANY deserving people that could have had a spot that I have no idea how the judges were able to narrow it down. One thing I did notice, was that it was a mixed bag of who got in, no one type of video was focused on, and I truly believe that it was done as fairly as humanly possible.

I really cant say Thank You enough to all of you guys who submitted videos, even though it hurts that some of you that are SO deserving of a spot did not make it in. I ask for continued support, and while it may be difficult at first, look deeper and see what the Morgan Cup is truly about, I know I did last year, and even just being a small part of the MC made it all worth it.

JB/GG: You guys...you two rock. You give us all SO much, and ask for NOTHING in return. I cant Thank You two enough for all that you do for us. Giving us just a small opportunity to get an opportunity like this in unbelievable. Thanks guys, you mean the world to all of us here, and I dont think any of us will ever be able to Thank you enough for all that y'all do. We are going to make the MC 2013 something special, and something to remember...

THP Family: That's what it is, like it or not, we are a family here. That's what sets this place apart from any other. It's time to embrace the Morgan Cup 2013, it's time to rock the sponsors, it's time to learn from those that set the ground work in the first two Morgan Cups and make this the biggest and best yet. Let's do this thing.

I would apologize for my rambling, but I'm not sorry! Im proud to call each and every member of this forum a friend!

Funny to see you without a tie!!! Thank you for this post.

Great video. Looking at your current choices, wonder which sponsor you will be going after... hmmm

Also, Thank you to everyone who submitted videos. I know it's hard to not make the cut, but we need you more then ever to support us these next 9 months. I love every single freaking one of you and I wish you could be with me in Myrtle.

congrats again man I know you'll do a great job!!
Also, Thank you to everyone who submitted videos. I know it's hard to not make the cut, but we need you more then ever to support us these next 9 months. I love every single freaking one of you and I wish you could be with me in Myrtle.

Here are videos. Am I disappointed? Of course. I won two national titles last week in Orlando and was more concerned about the Morgan Cup! All my students know how bad I wanted this. My wife has patiently filmed me each night as I looked to see if I made the staffers list. I will probably post those, too. I saw videos, bio & reaction videos, that really got me. I am grateful to have been a part of the selection process. I will enjoy Myrtle Beach this summer with all of you. I am doing the THP Invitational in ATL as a 32 hour in & out via Megabus. I am very onboard with y'all. I appreciate the camaraderie I see, but don't yet have with you all. It is up to me to reach out on here & in ATL. If the Great Groovy sees fit, I'll be on the 2014 team. Either way, I am having a blast.
Benji

Great videos dance, looking forward to meeting u at the mc if jot sooner

Wow Dance your videos were awesome dude! :clapp:. It's a really good thing my dawg ate mine now :bulgy-eyes:

I just burst into tears and I don't know why now. But I think I just emotionally let everything go. It's been a long week.

I just burst into tears and I don't know why now. But I think I just emotionally let everything go. It's been a long week.
Dude that's cool, just embrace it for what it is.

Probably the awesome PMs you've been getting. :call-me:

Hahaha. Yeah man. Your support is second to none. I love you.

Here are my videos embedded. Saw that they didn't work before.

Great videos dance, looking forward to meeting u at the mc if jot sooner
Thank you. Come on down to ATL or maybe MB in December if the planets align.

Wow Dance your videos were awesome dude! :clapp:. It's a really good thing my dawg ate mine now :bulgy-eyes:

Thank you! See you next weekend.

Welcome to reality! Embrace those tears. Too many people spend too much time &$ trying to bury those. Let'em flow. If I had been a selection mine would have come by the bucket!

Griff--I wish you had made it but I know you mean what you just posted. I could tell this is the the type of person you are from spending 4 hrs sharing a cart with you at the Ohio THP event. Thanks again for finding my head cover!

Ha! No problem Bert. Thanks for the kind words, had a blast golfing with you that day. Gotta try to go back to sleep, dang it's late.

Man. Congrats again to last nights selectee's (it's now a word :)

I watched all videos you guys have been posting since last night selections and I'm so proud of all of you. GREAT VIDEOS! I do believe the judges have had a very difficult time making decisions.

You guys rock, and I do hope that all of you will someday experience the Morgan Cup in one way or the other!

Alright guys. Here are three videos. Two are my entry vids, one is from tonight.

Jersey Nate, I was practically in tears. You are a great man! I really hope to meet you one day!

Now let's turn our focus to the future and embrace everything that THP, Morgan Cup, Sponsors and all the other great events have to offer.

P.S.

It took like 4 hours to get this message done...my beloved heart melter has been...let's say...energetic...this morning :)

I quoted like 15 posts...but you guys kept on writing, so I had to skip the long version and just make it brief :D

Thanks to everyone who have posted their videos. JB wasnt kidding when he said this year's vids really raised the bar. Some of these are really good. Glad IW asnt a judge.

Well done little buddy, glad you didn't bust your ankle. Hope you slept well and have a good time golfing today.

I seem to be having trouble with You Tube this morning so I can't post my "after selection" video. We are on our way to watch the Wolfpack play. Congratulations to all those that were selected. Here are my vids....

I will post the other video later on tonight....

Bio

Promo

I will have to wait til I get off work this afternoon to catch up on all the videos from last night and this morning, but I've skimmed through and watch some short clips of a few of them. There were definitely some great videos for people that did not get selected. Just know that you did a great job so try not to get down on yourself. There were several guys I was rooting for that did not make it, but it would have been impossible for them each to make it because there just aren't enough spots. But every single one that got selected definitely deserves it, I can't wait to teeit up with all of you in July. I'm honored to be able to be part of this amazing event again and plan on busting my tail to bring it even harder than I did last year.

I think the thing I am most excited about it witnessing and experiencing this journey with so many rookies. It is one wild ride and we are going to have a blast! To those that did not get selected, you will still have a blast if you follow along, I can promise you that. If you volunteer you will still have the weekend of a lifetime! I'm sure all of the volunteers from last year can vouch for that. The forum and the volunteers make this journey unforgettable and we cannot do it without you.

We still have a long way to go, but it will be here before we know it. Congrats again to all those selected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back