2013 Morgan Cup Selection Thread - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like each of the 18 selected this week are eligible to be captained by War as everyone is a member of the Albatross club.
Obviously the judges didn't know that but it's great to see so many of us are Albatross members.

Looks like each of the 18 selected this week are eligible to be captained by War as everyone is a member of the Albatross club.
Obviously the judges didn't know that but it's great to see so many of us are Albatross members.
Of course they are, everyone wants the opportunity to be on Team Albatross!
Thanks War. Good message.

Is your text alert the Geico pig going weeee!?
No dude, it's Angry Birds...

My heartfelt congratulations for the final three participants, three gentlemen I've come to know through various outings: Mike, Amol, and JT!!

In a more general sense, while there were a couple folks that I really wish had gotten in, there are so many guys I was really rooting for who are in the event this year. There is no doubt in my mind that the field as a whole will do a fantastic job over the course of the event. With so many friends and acquaintences among the elite 32, I look forward to following along with the whole process and doing my part to make sure that we're having this same conversation this time next year.

Thank you to the selection committee...you all did a very good job given the monumental task you were given. In watching the videos, even someone who didn't get selected can't find much to quibble with the committee's choices. It was very interesting to see how differently everyone interpreted the guidelines.

As for myself, I'll gladly post my videos down below. My disappointment is minor compared to others because honestly there are so many other deserving THPers who have never gotten the chance to participate. I gave myself a chance (with some urging) and I would have been thrilled to get another chance to have the MC journey, but I feel there will be many more chances in the future. Besides, like Smalls said, I like the better odds of getting another testing opportunity since so many guys are going to be tied up over the next several months.

Anyway, congratulations one more time to the 32 participants. Can't wait to join the journey from the forum side.

Spoiler

Promo Video:

Bio Video:

No dude, it's Angry Birds...[/QUOTE]

That's cool, not as cool as the pig, but still cool

Tell Canadan to let you have your moment Deano! Congrats broham

hahaha I told him to wrap it up thinking he was going to do a video later and immediately regretted it! That parking lot was COLD!

hahaha I told him to wrap it up thinking he was going to do a video later and immediately regretted it! That parking lot was COLD!
It's 66* in Florida right now...just sayin'

And I'm by no means done with the videos tonight

Let's pretend like I'm not horribly jealous.. At least I... yeah I've got nothing.

Good. I feel less bad!

It's all good buddy, what a freaking night!

Let's address the real issue here. Will War Eagle be busting out the Rockband drums in MB? I feel like only good things could come from that... Fly Southwest. Bags fly free..

ya know i don't know if it helps or not but all of the videos i have seen so far, Either the people that got in or the people that posted theirs up or people that have sent me their videos. They are all really good videos i can't imagine how difficult it was for the judges to decide and pick just 18 of them. I feel very lucky and blessed to be a part of the Morgan Cup even more so now than when i was picked.... Honestly i think almost anyone could have made it, the videos have been just that good. But Congrats again to everyone that has made it in. And i hope to see everyone support the event like everyone has in the past so it can grow and give people a chance next year to make it in. I know i appreciate everyone thats been a part of it in the past and everyone thats supported it the last 2 years and i know that me and everyone else that in it will do our bests to bring it to yet another level!

It's all good buddy, what a freaking night!

I am pumped I got to share it with you my friend!!! I've replayed that "I'm in" part a bunch, it's so awesome. I know how much you wanted this.

ya know i don't know if it helps or not but all of the videos i have seen so far, Either the people that got in or the people that posted theirs up or people that have sent me their videos. They are all really good videos i can't imagine how difficult it was for the judges to decide and pick just 18 of them. I feel very lucky and blessed to be a part of the Morgan Cup even more so now than when i was picked.... Honestly i think almost anyone could have made it, the videos have been just that good. But Congrats again to everyone that has made it in. And i hope to see everyone support the event like everyone has in the past so it can grow and give people a chance next year to make it in. I know i appreciate everyone thats been a part of it in the past and everyone thats supported it the last 2 years and i know that me and everyone else that in it will do our bests to bring it to yet another level!

All you guys are really stepping up to the plate helping the non selectee's (not sure if this is a word or not :bulgy-eyes:)feel better. All of you guys that were selected rock and we are proud to get behind ya and root you uns on to a great 2013! I'm sure many of the other guys, who did not get picked for whatever reason, can feel the sympathy and support from you Cuppers (not sure if that's a word either :bulgy-eyes:). Anyways get ya arses in gear, gird up your lions, and get ready for a great ride :thumb: Oh and by the way, I can't show ya'll my videos because my dog ate them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

Let's address the real issue here. Will War Eagle be busting out the Rockband drums in MB? I feel like only good things could come from that... Fly Southwest. Bags fly free..
Nice catch dude, haha! I turned the TV off, it had AC3 up on it!

Congrats to everyone chosen. You get an e-cookie if you can guess what commercial I parodied for my promo :)

I have the answer, but won't take away from the guessing. However, your videos don't play for me. They just link to your video along with a list of others you've done I'm guessing.

Uh oh my recapper was 10 minutes...this might take awhile

I have the answer, but won't take away from the guessing. However, your videos don't play for me. They just link to your video along with a list of others you've done I'm guessing.

I'll change them in a second. Not home this second

Southwest doesn't fly directly into MB....which sucks

Was THPing and decide to video some random thoughts I had, sorry I had to cut it short, the little guy started to cry...

Thanks for the shoutout!

OK MC vets.... where should I look to fly to if not MB directly?

I flew US Airways to Myrtle Beach. They were cheapest from KC, even with baggage fees. You could fly into Raleigh or Charleston on Southwest and drive down, but then you have to rent a car for about 5 days when you probably won't need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back