2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think TB&A will be attending

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Hey it's Monday, it's next week....Can't wait to find out my teammates and my sponsor!

Man am I setting an awful example. No more banter! How many of you guys have begun the prep? Yesterday was my first range session with the MC in mind. 90% short game work

Since the selections, I've made some decisions on to really give my self the chance to practice. Like really practice these things. I took my first ever lesson last winter, and I practiced only a couple of times. All other golf activity was playing full rounds. I try to aim weekly practice sessions, and physical training. I've been just playing golf the past 6 months, and I know I could be in better shape physically.

Nothing yet here, gonna work on settling up a package of golftec lessons stretched out over a few months.

And signing back up for the gym to shed some lbs

Didn't have to sign, but I did plan to change my gym routine.

I'm starting a blog to follow my MC journey. I haven't actually set up the blog but I have written a post per day starting with day 0 the day I was selected because I was at the range before hand. I will either share the post in here or just put a new link up each day. Thoughts on which I should do?

Anyway to more accurately answer this question I've played 18 and went to the range after both rounds. I was at the range twice earlier in the week and I've started running again to help with weight loss and endurance.

I think you should definitely go with a blog, but as the MC is a THP event, you should first post here (or in some other thread at THP) and then add a link to the blog. So...write, post them to THP, then to the blog.

This is an honest question because I am awful at this. Where should we post if things turn to banter like talk? Should we quote and then post it in the banter thread?

Dishonest question actually, you're great at bantering. But, a good question still :D

I feel like getting his out there. To be honest. I've never had a new golf club in my life. I've had the same irons since I was 15 (I'm 25 now.) have used hand me down fairway woods and drivers, and have a putter I won in an outing 8 years ago that I use.

While I can hold my own with these clubs, I'm excited to see what 10 years of advancement and change in technology's impact is going to have on my game. I've never hit anything other than a pitching wedge around the greens as well. I've never even played with a hybrid! I still have a 3 and 4 iron in my bag!!

So this an opportunity that I won't be taking advantage of and I've already started breaking down my game and working on trying to improve areas. I think this will help me explain my progression and really take repping my sponsor to a new level. It's going to take me more work than some of the others that are in this event, but I'm up to the challenge. I've already got some great ideas for videos to show my progression. Gonna be an exciting year!

Super excited too! I've usually bought used clubs, so getting untouched gear is going to be superb! But, hybrids doesn't make wonders alone. I'd keep at least the 4-iron, if not even the 3-iron too. It basically comes down to the amount of wedges...

You are going to love this!

It's not going to happen for a long while for me, but in terms of preparation, I'd highly advise playing 36 holes in a day at some point before the Morgan Cup. That Saturday is a very long day.

Not a problem. I played the past season once 72 holes on a single day, once 54, and several times 36 (all these walking). Also in the heat of Florida a day with 36 holes.

If this is OT my bad, but how many guys are pondering bringing their ladies along? I saw quite a few vids with people whom I assume are significant others attending...

I'd like to, but it's far too early to say. It'd be fun though!

Why not? Opportunity of a lifetime and someone gives you a choice of who you want to represent, kind of an exciting way to make a choice, no?
I agree, it would be tough choice but if given that option...it's be done. I have no idea what they have in store for us this time around. The whole game could have changed, I guess we will have to wait and see what JB/GG have in mind.

Hey it's Monday, it's next week....Can't wait to find out my teammates and my sponsor!

I'm not to worried who my teammates are i'm more interested in who I get to rep hehe

I agree, it would be tough choice but if given that option...it's be done. I have no idea what they have in store for us this time around. The whole game could have changed, I guess we will have to wait and see what JB/GG have in mind.

I agree 100% with Freddie here. Just because a certain process was done last year or even the year before, does not mean we should assume it will be the same this year. We are dealing with Josh and Morgan afterall.... I'm actually more excited about finding out my captain & team more than the sponsor. I need to know which THP great I will help promote to legend status. :alien:

I agree 100% with Freddie here. Just because a certain process was done last year or even the year before, does not mean we should assume it will be the same this year. We are dealing with Josh and Morgan afterall.... I'm actually more excited about finding out my captain & team more than the sponsor. I need to know which THP great I will help promote to legend status. :alien:

that's right. Never assume when it comes to THP

tons of high fives in the office today!

This is an honest question because I am awful at this. Where should we post if things turn to banter like talk? Should we quote and then post it in the banter thread?

I missed this, but the answer is in the Banter away thread or in a thread that pertains to the topic you are discussing.

That's awesome, Deano!

Yeah not usualy a fan of Monday's but I got the high fives and the grin on the face still, im good to go!

Yeah not usualy a fan of Monday's but I got the high fives and the grin on the face still, im good to go!

Congrats on that. Who knew Monday's could be great

Do you give high fives while wearing Womans Gloves? it has been cool having people at work talk to you about everything and having them be so happy for you! i have gotten quite a few phone calls from guys from my work.

My Monday is going to be better then expected. I might be rolling on 2 hours of sleep, but I'm still on the Morgan Cup high.

I find the Morgan cup helps me plot myself around the golf course so much better than just "trying to shoot a good score". I have a reason to see how deep I can go, rather than just trying to make miracle shots all over the place.

TT on iPad

I find the Morgan cup helps me plot myself around the golf course so much better than just "trying to shoot a good score". I have a reason to see how deep I can go, rather than just trying to make miracle shots all over the place.

TT on iPad

I agree here with T, on the back 9 of my round yesterday I really tried to approach the round I was playing different. I was really concerned for the best score I could do , but to play the smartest I could and take advantage of the mistakes of those I was playing with. Results. I left the course winning five skins when my normal result for such a match is zero or one at most.

TT on iPad

Seriously helps with course management. Really helped focusing me as well. Good point my man

*chunkyresponse*

Canadan, my wife will be there and she will Bridge-slap you.

Potential good news my anxious friend, this was posted on FB 3 hours ago:

Week one with all
The Hackers Paradise
Morgan Cup Participants in place, now the fun begins.
Each player will be contacted by their tour rep and given their first set of instruction.

Their journey to
True Blue Golf Plantation
starts today!

yessir. it's going to be one awesome week.

Potential good news my anxious friend, this was posted on FB 3 hours ago:

Week one with all
The Hackers Paradise
Morgan Cup Participants in place, now the fun begins.
Each player will be contacted by their tour rep and given their first set of instruction.

Their journey to
True Blue Golf Plantation
starts today!

that is pretty cool. I'm excited to see what the next steps in this process are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back