THP Invitational #2 Sponsored by SCOR Golf

Tough to do at a one-day event, Hawk. But, they will make a return appearance at the Ultimate Weekend.

Oh, and at True Blue, the waste areas are through the green, meaning you can practicre swing even greenside. They're all waste bunkers!

I have played here about 4 years ago, and the one problem I had was even some bunkers around the green were very firm, nearly hard pan, and some greenside bunker shots were tough, to nearly impossible, to play in some areas. Best to avoid them whenever you can - easier said then done though!

So we get to be club grounders? Excellent.. That's going to change absolutely nothing about my sand game!

If I remember True Blue correctly, the sand is not your typical bunker sand. It's almost like beach sand, and it plays more like hard pan than a bunker. You have to "pinch" the ball into the sand around the greens. If you do it properly, you generate a ridiculous amount of spin. However, skulling the shot is also in play.

I may be thinking more about the Ocean Course, but I seem to remember True Blue being like this as well.

If I remember True Blue correctly, the sand is not your typical bunker sand. It's almost like beach sand, and it plays more like hard pan than a bunker. You have to "pinch" the ball into the sand around the greens. If you do it properly, you generate a ridiculous amount of spin. However, skulling the shot is also in play.

I may be thinking more about the Ocean Course, but I seem to remember True Blue being like this as well.
Yep, you're remembering the right place. I was fine out of those bunkers from the fairways etc but I had to avoid them at all costs around the greens. Not pretty.

I could understand the parallel. That's what I'm going to expect when I get over there.

Sounds like I may need to throw my 60* back in the bag for the greenside bunkers in case they are hard, packed down sand. I can't wait to see this course in person.

I seem to remember some variation in the sand from hole-to-hole. I think #5 was that big dogleg left with bunkers down the right side up to the green. That stuff was really fluffy in spots. Then you get some of the cart path bunkers that are hard as can be. Just being able to take a practice seemed to help me quite a bit.

Sounds like I may need to throw my 60* back in the bag for the greenside bunkers in case they are hard, packed down sand. I can't wait to see this course in person.

I used my 58 more on this course than Caledonia. There are some holes that if you miss the green by 2 feet you are in a bunker and could be right up against the lip.

I used my 58 more on this course than Caledonia. There are some holes that if you miss the green by 2 feet you are in a bunker and could be right up against the lip.

Sounds like I'd better not miss the green then.

Sounds like I'd better not miss the green then.

I'd also recommend hitting the fairways while you're at it.

You certainly can use the 60* on the course. You're not going to hit anything resembling a flop shot or explosion shot out of the bunkers, but you can use the loft.

I'd also recommend hitting the fairways while you're at it.

You certainly can use the 60* on the course. You're not going to hit anything resembling a flop shot or explosion shot out of the bunkers, but you can use the loft.

That shouldn't be a problem for him.

I'm a yo yo on this one. Are there still openings? I need to talk with the wife again but I may be back in.

I'm a yo yo on this one. Are there still openings? I need to talk with the wife again but I may be back in.

Make it happen Frank!

I think Josh said there were!!

I'd love to meet you dude!

Me too FrankA!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Invitational #2 needs some FrankA.

Buck tried to recruit me again for this last night.

Gotta talk to the boss(wife) but I think I'm in

Buck tried to recruit me again for this last night.

Why was he asking you? Shouldnt that have been directed towards Mrs Ddec?

U know you wanna hit that Callaway driver, and Im sure you can find a ride somewhere

That would be awesome Frank.

I live somewhat near by, and would love to play. Might have to consider joining up. Haven't played True Blue before.

Back