Which Option Would You Take?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were given the option of increasing your drives by 15 yards on every single drive or making a guarantee of 2 more putts from 10-15 feet per round, which one would you choose and why?

I'd take 15 yards. Closer is better for me and my putting is coming along. I already over power some golf courses but am on the brink of overpowering the others. My accuracy off the tee is something I am proud of as of late too.

15 yards on the drives...Closer in you are the closer you should be able to get it (I know I personally am a lot better with my 7 iron than with my 5)

I think I'd take the putts. I'm a distance ho, but I know for sure that a couple extra putts dropped would help me out at this point.

At the moment I'd take the guaranteed putts!

That's a hard one. Although everybody could use an extra 15 yrds on their drives, I think that making the extra 2 putts from 10-15 ft. would help me have fewer 3 putts. Give me the putts.

I would take the putts. That GUARANTEES a lower score.

Longer drives are nice, but I can handle taking the extra club for the guarantee of more putts made.

I would take the distance for sure. Like what was said above. I am way better with my 7 iron than my 5.

I usually like where my driver leaves me most of the time, basically at a ydg. I would like. I think the guarantee of 2 more putts would cement it for me. I firmly believe that good putting and dropping an extra 2 per round is essential to lower scores. Yeah we all hit wayward drives, but most of the time we can get out of trouble. Be it in some tree trouble or fairway sand traps or rough. 2 extra putts is huge eswpecially if it helps you make a sand save as well.

Give me the putts, especially since it is a GUARANTEE of two strokes off my game.

Take the putts. Lowers the score automatically. Drive for show putt for dough.

i've got to take the putts here. no brainer for me.
even if i struggled with the driver, 15 more yards wouldn't do me any good.
low scores begin and end with better putting, and guaranteeing that i make 2 or more outside of 10-15 ft per round, well that would normally mean a birdie putt and if you're going to give me the choice between longer drives or birdies....well then i'll take the birdies.

Putts please. Not sure 15 yards would save me any strokes. The putts would help.

There is only only option that would guarantee to take strokes off of my score. I would take the guaranteed putts. I can live with my distance now, but I need to make more putts. (Some THPers can vouch for this). Give me a guaranteed two less strokes a roumd.

putts would drop me 2 strokes 15 yards doesn't drop me any so def the putts.

Take the putts, never take points off the board or in this case less strokes.

Putts. Longer drives just go farther off line. I would however, take more drives in the fairways over putts.

I'll take the putts, an extra 15 yards is no guarantee of a lower score but turning what is almost surely a two-putt into a one-putt is a big difference.

According to Dave Pelz's putting bible, even the tour pros only make about 20% of 15-footers.

Ken

Id take the putts and the 2 less strokes since its guaranteed.

Now if that was not a guarantee but a lower than 100% chance, Id probably go with the 15 yards, as I like my 7 and 8 irons more than my 5 and 6

I'll take the 15 yards. I think that would decrease my score by at least 2 strokes.

I'd take the putts. My putting has been atrocious lately.:banghead:

I would have to take the putts. 15 yards is nice but I could still miss with the next shot. 2 guaranteed putts means, birdie, scrambling par save, etc. automatic two strokes off.

I'll have the one that guarantees me fewer strokes, please.

Definitely the putts.

Back