2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Tim!

Nice going TBT!

great to see Tim! its well worth the money IMO. i have improved so much due to my short game lessons alone there.

Well this talk of lessons has motivated me into getting off my arse and getting it done. I did the swing evaluation at GolfTec last year, so I called the office and talked to the coach I worked with and booked at 6 month package that will be starting next Friday.....6 months to take 15 lessons and use of the hitting bays and video systems for practice. That location is like 2 miles from the office I go to once a week, so I will schedule my lessons for those evenings....I am excited!

I can't wait to follow along in your progression Tim! Lethal on AND off the green.. You're starting to sound like a real threat!!!

I can't wait to follow along in your progression Tim! Lethal on AND off the green.. You're starting to sound like a real threat!!!

Yeah, I kinda doubt that..hehehe

I am excited....I wish it was this Friday so I can get started....I am going all in, I will either be much better by the Morgan Cup or a complete wreck...LOL

I am excited....I wish it was this Friday so I can get started....I am going all in, I will either be much better by the Morgan Cup or a complete wreck...LOL

Anything can happen on True Blue man! I bet that is even more true on Caledonia! I'll be rooting for "much better" despite that big "D" in you Avy hahaha

Well this talk of lessons has motivated me into getting off my arse and getting it done. I did the swing evaluation at GolfTec last year, so I called the office and talked to the coach I worked with and booked at 6 month package that will be starting next Friday.....6 months to take 15 lessons and use of the hitting bays and video systems for practice. That location is like 2 miles from the office I go to once a week, so I will schedule my lessons for those evenings....I am excited!

very cool buddy. I know you worked your butt off last year and really made some improvements to your game. I have no doubt that that trend will continue. Looking forward to your progress.

very cool buddy. I know you worked your butt off last year and really made some improvements to your game. I have no doubt that that trend will continue. Looking forward to your progress.

Thanks man...I did work hard last year.,,,mainly on my short game and it paid off, but as JB said earlier...sometimes you hit a plateau, and I think I am as good as I can get on my own.

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement...you gotta love this place.

Glad to hear you went ahead and did that Tim!! Looking forward to following along and following your progress!!!

I can't wait to see what :cobra: :Puma: has in store for 2013, while browsing the PGA show site I saw this:
CPG-PreShow-Website-Banner.jpg

Now I'm even more pumped to see booth 1143!!!
I'm right there with you brother! It was very weird to just go through a anniversary/birthday/Christmas and not ask for a single piece of equipment. I can't wait to get my hands on my new gear and see what Cobra/seeMore can do for my game.

Thanks man...I did work hard last year.,,,mainly on my short game and it paid off, but as JB said earlier...sometimes you hit a plateau, and I think I am as good as I can get on my own.

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement...you gotta love this place.

I hit that point prior to the first MC. I knew I needed to get better and after seeing some play that week, I knew it. Last year I made some big strides in my game, esp on the consistency part.

As long as your short game and putting stays strong I don't think it will be as painful of a process as you think it will be.

Good for you Tim :clapp:. I'm pulling hard for you to find that consistent groove again although you ARE on the wrong team :D jk

Good for you Tim :clapp:. I'm pulling hard for you to find that consistent groove again although you ARE on the wrong team :D jk

Now OG, are you getting senile again.....you said you were rooting for Team Dot Com....remember...:D

I am going to be brutally honest cause I know I can with everyone and this is something I want to get off my chest. I have mentioned it to a couple of people but I want it out there and known so others that want to share this event fully with me every step of the way know my thoughts at various points.

My focus for this event in the most simplest terms is to make sure I don't make a fool of myself on the course. I know this is a personal thing with me but let's face it, in a pool with as many great golfers as we have in this event, I am the guy with one of if not the highest handicaps as we begin the countdown and as that guy I will be putting a ton of pressure on myself to get my game and my body to levels I think they need to be and have not been for some time ( the body that is) .

As nervous as I am, I am just as confident that I can do this and become the golfer I know I am. Last year, I watched three people I am proud to call my friends do this same path (TBT, Smalls and SW) and I will use their successes to motivate me along the way. I have an awesome coach who I trust and work with very well, friends who are going to support me and challenge me on and off the golf course to get my game, body and mind in the right place come July, all of which I am most grateful for (especially the competition/practice on the course)

This is something I need, something I want, and something I will achieve.

With it being end of December and the event not till near end of July, that's about 7 months WR. You can make a lot of changes in 7 months and get your handicap down to a comfortable level with ease buddy.

That is a fair goal WR. And no matter what skill level someone is right now heading into this event, they all feel the same way. Anybody can play poorly, be unprepared and/or struggle during the weekend, but going in with the right mindset minimizes that chance by a huge margin.

I will be honest and say that I believe ANYBODY in this can be a great golfer by the time July rolls around if they want to be.

I have watched people enjoy this process for all the right reasons and right things in their lives because of it. I am looking forward to following your journey for the next half year.

I am going to be brutally honest cause I know I can with everyone and this is something I want to get off my chest. I have mentioned it to a couple of people but I want it out there and known so others that want to share this event fully with me every step of the way know my thoughts at various points.

My focus for this event in the most simplest terms is to make sure I don't make a fool of myself on the course. I know this is a personal thing with me but let's face it, in a pool with as many great golfers as we have in this event, I am the guy with one of if not the highest handicaps as we begin the countdown and as that guy I will be putting a ton of pressure on myself to get my game and my body to levels I think they need to be and have not been for some time ( the body that is) .

As nervous as I am, I am just as confident that I can do this and become the golfer I know I am. Last year, I watched three people I am proud to call my friends do this same path (TBT, Smalls and SW) and I will use their successes to motivate me along the way. I have an awesome coach who I trust and work with very well, friends who are going to support me and challenge me on and off the golf course to get my game, body and mind in the right place come July, all of which I am most grateful for (especially the competition/practice on the course)

You are a motivated guy Rhino. I look forward to following along as well as sharing this journey with you.

With it being end of December and the event not till near end of July, that's about 7 months WR. You can make a lot of changes in 7 months and get your handicap down to a comfortable level with ease buddy.

I know and at the same time meet you in the closest Home Depot, but that is for another thread...LOL

I know you can do it buddy and will enjoy being on your team for some points as you achieve your goal in July.

Rhino - I'm rooting for your success even though I am a "Hackers" gal all the way!

I know and thank you Kelly Bo. I would not want to get Chunky all riled up trying to bring you over to DotCom.

I have some replying to catch up on in this thread. But my first reply will be a don't even try it WR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back