TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Stage 2 Driver Preview Thread

I like the graphics on this one much better than the other new driver. I can't wait to try this one out.

As soon as I read "longer, lighter shaft" I know I'm barking up the wrong tree. That ship has sailed and sunk.

I do think that I agree with you to a very large degree.

Head cover is pretty sweet looking!

The head cover is one of it's kind. It is awesome and terrible at the same time, which makes me like very much! Cool.

This driver appeals to me much more than the R1. Previously with the R11S / RBZ was totally the opposite. I do like it.

I can see the point of the graphics on the crown, but for me it looks like there is a little too much going on so I will reserve judgement on it until I see one in the flesh

A driver is quite possibly on the cards and after hitting the original RBZ driver at the end of last year I will give this one a try as well, but I got on well with the original one so unless this is much better I think I will be looking for a deal on the original

I hit a handful of shots with this club and I have to say I was not impressed. Now the graphics and setup were fine, no issue there. It was the action I felt at impact, that heavy hit I have come to expect with TM drivers. The stock shaft offering was also late to the hit zone on almost every swing. I managed to squeeze off a few goodies but still felt that heavy hit.

Graphics are at least better than it's brother's, the R1. Yuck.

Also, head cover would get tossed immediately. WAY too much Pittsburgh going on there.

Nice but the green looked better.

I must admit, I like the look of this driver. I'm not usually a fan of graphics on the crown, but this looks pretty good. I also like the yellow racing stripes on the sole.

The design of the club is interesting. It seems like TM is following Cleveland's trend of making ultralight woods. This is especially telling with the special ultralight grip.

I have found that I can control a heavier club a little better, but I would still be interested in taking a few swings with this one.

I'm not a huge fan of these new TM products. I may be swaying more to the more classic looks like the long G25 stuff previewed yesterday

Last edited:
Recently a bunch of THPers got a chance to try this one out on the range at the FL get together. Looking forward to their feedback here.

Looking forward to hitting this. The colors match the Rocketbladez irons, but I'd have to agree that the head cover would get pitched. Pittsburg steelers fans should be excited about this but it won't fly here in Patriots country!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I had a chance to take a few swipes with this club last weekend. It brought me back to the days of hitting my Superfast 2.0. I personally didnt care for the color scheme for this one, and im not sure if I did hit it well if I could overlook that.

The club felt very light in hand, but I had also been swinging an assortment of drivers that day. My ball flight was mid to high, not sure on the yardages and the wind/rain was pretty constant that day. My miss to no surprise was a big power fade that lost a ton of distance. Even on the well stuck shots it just didnt do it for me, and I didnt care for the sound at impact either. Not as bad as my Anser, but close enough to annoy me.

Over time I'll certainly try this one out again, as I have some swing issues to work on, and maybe with some more consistent swings on the ball, my feelings would change, but on my limited swings with it, Im not sold....yet

I'll be interested in the reviews on this one. The graphics don't bother me at all. They seem to help guide you to the sweet spot. Head cover would be replaced immediately.

Sounding like a few guys that hit this early on did not care for it too much, perhaps the shaft was not performing as they expected.

From a looks perspective, I like it. Graphics on the crown are not too busy and the head cover is different - in a cool way.

Like the look, but do not like the longer shaft. Already replaced (and cut down) the shaft on my current RBZ driver.

Got a chance to hit this one as well as a few other of the new offerings this past weekend, and have to say, the RBZ impressed me. I liked it a bit more than a few others I hit, and the performance was just there for me. Seemed to setup a bit longer than the R1, even though they are the same length...something that I found interesting.

Had a great feel at impact, and nice thwack when hitting the ball, and a nice mid-high ball flight with decent distance. Wind was swirling, so it was a bit hard to guage distance, but I was not underwhelmed by what I saw by any means. I actually like the fact that TM got away from the almost solid white and put some graphics on the top of these drivers. Helped me at setup a bit, and I liked how I framed the ball with it at address.

Much improved over the original RBZ, imo.

I think it looks pretty sharp, the graphics would not bother me at all. Just use them as an alignment aid as they are intended and then focus on the golf ball as you swing. I don't see any problem. I look forward to swing one soon.

While I like a plain crown, at first glance, the graphics look much more understated than the R1.

I'm a sucker for the deep face talk and the graphics are fine to me. I hope it doesn't sound like the last one because I thought it was terrible.

Going back to a lightweight set up is pretty interesting to me because so many viewed the RBZ as TaylorMade's admission that light wasn't the way to go. I'll give it some whacks, but I'm not extremely interested right off the bat.

I'm a sucker for the deep face talk and the graphics are fine to me. I hope it doesn't sound like the last one because I thought it was terrible.

Going back to a lightweight set up is pretty interesting to me because so many viewed the RBZ as TaylorMade's admission that light wasn't the way to go. I'll give it some whacks, but I'm not extremely interested right off the bat.
I think you might be pleasantly surprised by this one, Hawk. I know I was.

I don't know if it's cause I'm new to golf and I'm only used to the flashier side of clubs (amps is a great example). But I like the look of this club a lot and the graphics on the crown does look like a great alignment aid). Hope to demo this bad boy at my local golf shop when it ships.

I had a chance to take a few swipes with this club last weekend. It brought me back to the days of hitting my Superfast 2.0. I personally didnt care for the color scheme for this one, and im not sure if I did hit it well if I could overlook that.

The club felt very light in hand, but I had also been swinging an assortment of drivers that day. My ball flight was mid to high, not sure on the yardages and the wind/rain was pretty constant that day. My miss to no surprise was a big power fade that lost a ton of distance. Even on the well stuck shots it just didnt do it for me, and I didnt care for the sound at impact either. Not as bad as my Anser, but close enough to annoy me.

Over time I'll certainly try this one out again, as I have some swing issues to work on, and maybe with some more consistent swings on the ball, my feelings would change, but on my limited swings with it, Im not sold....yet

This would be a no go for me. A high blow out to the right fade is what I am working hard to remove from my game. Light weight drivers and me have always butted heads. The white drivers & fairway woods are sooner than later going to be removed from my bag. I'm going black and I ain't going back :thumb:

I hit a handful of shots with this club and I have to say I was not impressed. Now the graphics and setup were fine, no issue there. It was the action I felt at impact, that heavy hit I have come to expect with TM drivers. The stock shaft offering was also late to the hit zone on almost every swing. I managed to squeeze off a few goodies but still felt that heavy hit.

Interesting! I actually felt this exact same thing with the R1 but preferred the RBZ more. I grooved with the RBZ more than the R1 but my sentiments on the R1 are the same as yours of the RBZ

I saw these headcovers in Ryan Moore's Twitter picture and wondered if there were Adams or TM, looks like a bit of the Adams headcover styling has made it's way into TM proudcts.

I don't mind the graphics as much on this one, wonder how much of a progression it will be from the RBZ?

Back