Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

First off the 4w is the same length as the RBZ in my bag. The height we are see and distance you expect a louder shot off the face. But it's just effortless distance. No need to over swing! Stock offering is very impressive.

I need to hit this club.

x2, Nate. I LOVE hearing this, gotta get my hands on one.

First off the 4w is the same length as the RBZ in my bag. The height we are see and distance you expect a louder shot off the face. But it's just effortless distance. No need to over swing! Stock offering is very impressive.
The effortless distance part will be huge, glad to know the stock shaft aids in the performance.

Sounds like Callaway decided to take the RBZ head-on and it's working.

I'm loving this feedback. I CAN'T wait to hit this guy with a couple of different shaft options.

I will have a full writeup on this one tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I am loving what I am seeing so far. On the range this morning, I was hitting the 4 wood, just short of my driver distance it appeared. More coming soon.

I will have a full writeup on this one tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I am loving what I am seeing so far. On the range this morning, I was hitting the 4 wood, just short of my driver distance it appeared. More coming soon.

Hmmmmmmm....

This boggled my flu riddled brain. Looking forward to more!

Crazy stuff, look forward to it JB.

Sounds like Callaway decided to take the RBZ head-on and it's working.

Outside of the perimeter graphics on the head they are drastically different clubs. Xhot head is small from front to back. Feel is different and sound is different.

I'm chomping at the bit to hit the pro version in the 3W offering. We were hitting floaters on the range (water range) and easily hitting 220 if not further

Outside of the perimeter graphics on the head they are drastically different clubs. Xhot head is small from front to back. Feel is different and sound is different.

I'm chomping at the bit to hit the pro version in the 3W offering. We were hitting floaters on the range (water range) and easily hitting 220 if not further

Thank's for the info Freddie, guess I should have specified head-on in creating a fairway wood that is easy to hit and goes far.

Didn't realize the head was smaller than the RBZ. I wonder if that will turn some players away?

Heal to toe same but the Xhot is rounder in the back. So the size difference is slight. The 4W was the same length as the 3W

Looking forward to your thoughts JB and I hope to be able to hit this one at the Expo in Denver next month.

Hell to the yeah baby!!!

That is just music to my ears!

Really loving what I'm hearing in here. 4W as long as the RBZ 3W? That's just flat out impressive. I'm so going to get fit for a driver and 3W this year. Seems like there's gonna be some great options!

Something i was thinking about last night had me awake for quite a while. If the XHot & XHot Pro 3 woods are almost the same length as a driver then would it not stand to reason to replace the driver for a 3 wood??? It would then allow a player to either have a extra wedge or maybe a 5,7 wood to fill the gaps.

My thinking behind it is that having a 3 wood would be more versitile then a driver. If it's long enough to match a driver off the tee and gives you the option to use it from the fairway!!!

What are your thoughts??

The Callaway X-Hot line is getting a ton of buzz and THP wanted to put it to the test. Keep in mind that this club will be getting a full review and this is merely early thoughts after a range session and 1 round of golf.

Upon 1st inspection, the club looks outstanding. Pictures do not do it justice and the gray finish coupled with the piano black sole are perfect. Pulling the easy to remove and put on head cover off the club immediately gives you confidence as the red and white on top of the shiny black are saying "You got this". Preparing for setup you are greeted by an almost matte like silver finish with small amounts of graphics that frames the ball nicely. A shallower design than I am used to, I immediately knew that off the deck would not an issue and the new Project X shaft display looks to compliment and add to the entire package of looks.

Started off with teeing it up and at first impact you get this "CRACK" type sound that can only be described as the anti-metallic that some are used to from fairway woods. Its as if you feel the ball compressing on the face and flying off and at first it sounded almost odd like and then after a couple of swings, it moved from odd like to perfection. With each swing, the sound translates to the feel and you keep saying to yourself over and over again "This is what a FW Wood is supposed to sound like". Asking some of the other guys at the range about the sound (Trout, War Eagle and Tadashi) and the feeling was mutual that it has a pitch that is "right".

The ball launches at a great angle and keeps climbing. Nice high ball flight that does not balloon, but instead reaches apex and seems to keep going. Hitting into a water range makes judging distance near impossible, but both Tadashi and I were both saying that it was shockingly long teed up and something we did not really expect. Then taking a pass or two with my driver and seeing the ball land in the same area as where the X-Hot 4 wood was going and you say to yourself "What the heck is going on here". We had a small breeze at our back and I thought to myself because the ball is getting up due to it being a 4 wood rather than a driver, perhaps that played a role, but the confidence in seeing this distance achieved was rather inspiring.

On the course I saw much of the same. Good contact yielded a great ball flight, plenty of distance and that same sound that I am quickly starting to fall in love with. This one is going to be tested thoroughly coming up and with each time will continue to update this thread with my findings. Will be putting it out on the launch monitor in the coming weeks and will see for sure where it is hitting to, but after one day, this club is delivering.

The Callaway X-Hot line is getting a ton of buzz and THP wanted to put it to the test. Keep in mind that this club will be getting a full review and this is merely early thoughts after a range session and 1 round of golf.

Upon 1st inspection, the club looks outstanding. Pictures do not do it justice and the gray finish coupled with the piano black sole are perfect. Pulling the easy to remove and put on head cover off the club immediately gives you confidence as the red and white on top of the shiny black are saying "You got this". Preparing for setup you are greeted by an almost matte like silver finish with small amounts of graphics that frames the ball nicely. A shallower design than I am used to, I immediately knew that off the deck would not an issue and the new Project X shaft display looks to compliment and add to the entire package of looks.

Started off with teeing it up and at first impact you get this "CRACK" type sound that can only be described as the anti-metallic that some are used to from fairway woods. Its as if you feel the ball compressing on the face and flying off and at first it sounded almost odd like and then after a couple of swings, it moved from odd like to perfection. With each swing, the sound translates to the feel and you keep saying to yourself over and over again "This is what a FW Wood is supposed to sound like". Asking some of the other guys at the range about the sound (Trout, War Eagle and Tadashi) and the feeling was mutual that it has a pitch that is "right".

The ball launches at a great angle and keeps climbing. Nice high ball flight that does not balloon, but instead reaches apex and seems to keep going. Hitting into a water range makes judging distance near impossible, but both Tadashi and I were both saying that it was shockingly long teed up and something we did not really expect. Then taking a pass or two with my driver and seeing the ball land in the same area as where the X-Hot 4 wood was going and you say to yourself "What the heck is going on here". We had a small breeze at our back and I thought to myself because the ball is getting up due to it being a 4 wood rather than a driver, perhaps that played a role, but the confidence in seeing this distance achieved was rather inspiring.

On the course I saw much of the same. Good contact yielded a great ball flight, plenty of distance and that same sound that I am quickly starting to fall in love with. This one is going to be tested thoroughly coming up and with each time will continue to update this thread with my findings. Will be putting it out on the launch monitor in the coming weeks and will see for sure where it is hitting to, but after one day, this club is delivering.

What did the Xhot do better than the Mashie FWs and where did you typically see better performance out of your Mashie FWs?

A 4 wood that is almost as long as a driver...wow. I must hit one of these.

Great thoughts guys. I really like that the stock shaft is solid. The distance sounds wonderful and intoxicating. I need to hit this thing.

Great thoughts guys. I really like that the stock shaft is solid. The distance sounds wonderful and intoxicating. I need to hit this thing.
The thing that really stood out to me was the launch and ball flight. I tend to hit a low ball with driver and fairways, and the XHot really got up in the air quickly, with a great trajectory, providing plenty of carry distance.

The thing that really stood out to me was the launch and ball flight. I tend to hit a low ball with driver and fairways, and the XHot really got up in the air quickly, with a great trajectory, providing plenty of carry distance.

Sounds perfect for me. Cant wait to pick your brain about this thing and hit it. Last season I quickly fell in love with Callaway and now I am falling deeper and deeper in love. This could get rough on my wallet.

Nice feedback. You had the Octane in the bag for awhile and were succesful with it. Did you feel like it was a club you could feel confident with from the fairway going at a green?

Sounds perfect for me. Cant wait to pick your brain about this thing and hit it. Last season I quickly fell in love with Callaway and now I am falling deeper and deeper in love. This could get rough on my wallet.
I think Dev will like this one. It's pretty boss.

What did the Xhot do better than the Mashie FWs and where did you typically see better performance out of your Mashie FWs?

Too early to make comparisons for me. Coming soon.

Nice feedback. You had the Octane in the bag for awhile and were succesful with it. Did you feel like it was a club you could feel confident with from the fairway going at a green?

I think so. I hit it off the deck on the range and had little issues with it. It did not come out for any off the deck shots on the course though.

Initial feedback is encouraging and exciting. The distances has me thinking 4 or 5 fairway wood instead of a 3

Back