Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

So you hit the silver? That's the shaft id want

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I'm pretty sure I had the black in the tour head. Which isn't stock. I wasn't the first person to hit them so there was some swapping done I'm sure.

Thumbs up on that review, sir.

Great review Blu and some solid points hit. GG you say....hmmm

Great review blugold! Sounds like a pretty long and straight bomber. Would be interested to see what you could get with that LA after some tweaks. The toe info is great as well man.

Thumbs up on that review, sir.

I'm just an amateur wannabe review writer. I have learned from some of the best.

Pretty much how my friend felt. He hit it the other day and said I need to hit the Covert. I was speculating that this would launch much lower with the cavity in the back of the clubhead. Hoping I can find one to demo here soon.

Blu,
Nice write-up. Seems that you came to a similar conclusion as myself. Very straight. Regarding increase in swingspeed, I think that is due to the shaft being about 20g's lighter.

What were your thoughts on the Tour model?

Great write up Blu, Your making me want to go hit this thing.

That forgiveness sounds pretty awesome. Great write-up Blu

The thing that intrigues me the most about this driver, aside from the forgiveness, is the flex loft options. A lot of us lefties don't have a high lofted driver option on the market, having to settle for 10.5* (with some adjustable drivers taking it up to 11.5), but having a LH driver that can go from 8.5* to 12.5* is a nice option.

Thanks a lot Blu...GS had both as well.
More thoughts later, but hit both with the black tie and the fuel. They also had me hit the C Extreme. Surprised at that one as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358367788383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358367788383.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358367816165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358367816165.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
Besides the new Classic this is the only other driver my eyes are set on. Been hunting at GS and GG this week to see if any have arrived to hit on the sim.

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks a lot Blu...GS had both as well.
More thoughts later, but hit both with the black tie and the fuel. They also had me hit the C Extreme. Surprised at that one as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

can't wait for your thoughts

I've been reading some good things about this driver; can't wait to hit this thing.

Nike can get you any shaft you want, you just have to wait if they don't have it in stock. The Performance can get any "real deal" shaft as well, not just the Tour. Just have to custom order it.

Blu - good review, dude. Can you comment on the difference in forgiveness between the two heads?

Nike can get you any shaft of you want, you just have to wait if they don't have it in stock. The Performance can get any "real deal" shaft as well, not just the Tour. Just have to custom order it.

Blu - good review, dude. Can you comment on the difference in forgiveness between the two heads?

There is much less with the tour head. Given the much smaller size, it i difficult to line up a toe strike. There isn't a lot of space rondo that with out hitting the outside of the club, or at least for me an my limited skill.

With the tour head, most of the club face is the center. Anything of center is pretty none existent. The standard is much more forgiving.

Nike can get you any shaft you want, you just have to wait if they don't have it in stock. The Performance can get any "real deal" shaft as well, not just the Tour. Just have to custom order it.

I get that, but its still a travesty to not make the adapters available if they don't. Particularly when others are and have. Heck, you can even order Cobra MyFly adapters already.

I understand the first point. But what if you already have shafts that you own and perform for you?

I understand the first point. But what if you already have shafts that you own and perform for you?

Not speaking towards the Covert driver here but rather golf club OEM's in general;

Last year when looking at some irons I asked the authorized retailer if I could buy heads only as I already have the shafts I wanted and didn't want to pull shafts from brand new heads. He said that at that point none of the OEM's that he knew of were offering that option but that he had heard of a couple considering it, (he mentioned Mizuno and Adams). Hopefully this idea becomes more mainstream. I don't see a huge majority of their sales going this way if they did offer it but the option for those few of us would be nice.

Not speaking towards the Covert driver here but rather golf club OEM's in general;

Last year when looking at some irons I asked the authorized retailer if I could buy heads only as I already have the shafts I wanted and didn't want to pull shafts from brand new heads. He said that at that point none of the OEM's that he knew of were offering that option but that he had heard of a couple considering it, (he mentioned Mizuno and Adams). Hopefully this idea becomes more mainstream. I don't see a huge majority of their sales going this way if they did offer it but the option for those few of us would be nice.

Callaway did that with the imix system 5 years ago. only kicker was you need their adapter. I think it would be a good idea if you could custom order a head only.

Back