Sad to hear that Nate. No matter how distant a family member becomes, the truth is they are still family no matter what. You family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Condolences for your loss Nate

Always tough in a situation like this Nate. Keep hanging in there man.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

I debated doing this here but I think it will be good for me to write it down. This was not unexpected. This was not a surprise. But it's still hard to believe. He was 37 years old and he was in pain inside. He was born with a heart defect. He received a healthy heart transplant for his 18th birthday. He got a new life and a second breath of life. The irony in all this was that it wasn't his heart that took him in the end. He had battled with alcohol since probably college and had been in and out of rehab centers. The demons inside him finally won and it's sad that he was defeated. I can't remember the last time I talked with him. My girls don't even know him. My wife barely knew him. He was never around for that to happen. I can't even break this news to my girls for that reason. Again sad.

I would like to think he had a good life but I think I would be saying that to make me and others feel better. My mother is taking it hard. My dad and the rest of us have been expecting this phone call to happen for awhile now and today was the day. My parents did almost everything they could without giving up their right arm for the hope of him getting back on the path. Just never happened. I am glad that the pain he caused to my parents is over. I am glad his pain is over.

I am ok. Sadly, I think he is ok now as well. He will be taken care of now. This place was not for him for some reason and I don't know why.

I hope he did enough to end up in Heaven. He never harmed anyone and the struggles were his own. For that, I tend to belive he made it. My heart tells me he did enough to earn that right. I know Heaven has a plan for him.

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. Romans 14:8

The strength you project in this is absolutely incredible. Anything you need my friend, please let me know. You are one hell of a dude.

So sorry for your loss Nate. You sound very strong through all this though I know it's gotta be rough. I wish the best for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts. If there's anything you need just holler.

Nate I'm sorry for the loss to you and your family. I certainly hope he's in a better place now.

Sorry to hear this Nate. No one but you knows the pain/relief that you feel at this moment, but it certainly seems that in your heart you are in the right place. Life always has a way of working out

My sincere condolences to you and your family. May you find peace and comfort in the support you have here and in those around you.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Wow, Nate. I don't really have words to say after reading that post. Condolences sent.

It's sad to read how a life could and should have been so much better after a life saving surgery. condolences to you and your family

Nate any life that ends early is a tragedy, God bless you and your family in this difficult time.

Nate,

I'm sorry to be reading this. My prayers are with you and your family. If you need anything let me know, I'm just up the road a bit.

I'm so sorry, Nate. My heart aches for you and your mother and father. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. God Bless.

Sorry sorry for your loss Nate. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks gang, really appreciate it. It felt good getting that out on paper.

Sorry for your loss Nate. Thoughts and prayers going out to you, your family and your parents.

TapAhoy!

Stunning post Nate. Really let the heart go. If he's in heaven, you'll know. And you obviously do. Prayers going to your family, especially to your mother tonight.

Nate,

Sorry to hear this story. I had an uncle who was also an alcoholic. So bad that he secluded himself from the rest of the family by moving to the upper west coast. In the end, he couldn't take living with his demons anymore and chose to end his life. I guess I always expected that alcohol would lead to his demise but to commit suicide is something I think no one would really expect from a family member. I have very fond memories of my uncle and that is how I choose to remember him. I hope that can be the case with you and your brother. My condolences.

Im sorry for your loss Nate. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Nate, may your days be brighter from now on. Sry for your loss

Nate my prayers are with you and your family. I personally know how alcohol, drugs, and other obsessions can take your eyes off the real things in life. I've battled my own demons, I've seen my family battle theirs, and close friends fighting uphill battles. Your faith is what will keep you and your family strong. This thread came from a heart full of pain, and also one of strength and purpose. Your wisdom during this tough time, may help someone else gain strength and change a life for good. I'm here if you need to talk.

Sorry to hear that Nate.

I am so sorry to hear this Nate. That was a very heartfelt post and nearly brought me to tears. I really can't imagine what you, and your parents, are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do, or if you just want to chat.

Nate I'm so sorry for your loss, let me know if you need anything or want someone to talk to

Uriel

Back