The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope my post is not taken in anyway other than what it was meant to be. I am not saying anything against a post that I read that lead me to ask the question. Not trying to passively call anyone out. I'm just interested in what others think about how the sponsors should be repped. If I was not doing my job I would rather it be stated now than after. Hopefully it can lead to better representation and a very happy sponsor who wants nothing more than to sign up for next year

Truthfully CL, I don't think it was ever mentioned in this event that one should "rep" their sponsor. Their goal is to discuss their journey, review their gear and be active on THP.

This next part is not directed at you, but I will say it anyway. I find quite a bit of what has gone on in this event a bit odd as of late. Its blameless except on us (meaning myself), and I will stop typing before I say some things that should be left alone. We know what this event is about. We know that it was conveyed to each person in a lengthy message before it started. If people still are confused, they should go to their tour rep.

I hope my post is not taken in anyway other than what it was meant to be. I am not saying anything against a post that I read that lead me to ask the question. Not trying to passively call anyone out. I'm just interested in what others think about how the sponsors should be repped. If I was not doing my job I would rather it be stated now than after. Hopefully it can lead to better representation and a very happy sponsor who wants nothing more than to sign up for next year

I don't think repping your sponsor and liking or being interested in other OEMs is mutually exclusive. I think you are fine Chunky.

I PM'ed you Josh. I truly am sorry if this has started something other than my intention.

I PM'ed you Josh. I truly am sorry if this has started something other than my intention.

I dont think it has CL. You had a question and got some good responses, I just wanted to include mine.

Completely different subject (although I plan to go back and skim through this last topic):

Is there a more frustrating "holiday" than Valentine's Day? I'm not sure there is another day where there is pressure to spend money on stuff that truly has no value.

my wife has always been pretty cool with the day, meaning that I don't have to go all out and drop ridiculous amounts of cash. With that said, to borrow from above, if I show up empty handed on V-Day, there will be a sad panda in the ATLGolfer household.

Completely different subject (although I plan to go back and skim through this last topic):

Is there a more frustrating "holiday" than Valentine's Day? I'm not sure there is another day where there is pressure to spend money on stuff that truly has no value.

my wife has always been pretty cool with the day, meaning that I don't have to go all out and drop ridiculous amounts of cash. With that said, to borrow from above, if I show up empty handed on V-Day, there will be a sad panda in the ATLGolfer household.

Dude, you already spent too much money if you have a panda. Those cant be cheap to feed.

Dude, you already spent too much money if you have a panda. Those cant be cheap to feed.

Totally worth the investment, Pandas are awesome.

I get them young, and in bulk. The savings are quite surprising.

We do absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day. It's a Hallmark holiday, and if you don't show that you love whoever you're with the other 364 days a year, then February 14 isn't going to make everything better.

My wife and I aren't doing anything special. I don't need 1 day to show her how much I love her. I'm still doing something sweet for her, but it's not involving jewelry, flowers, etc. Minor success I suppose.

We do absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day. It's a Hallmark holiday, and if you don't show that you love whoever you're with the other 364 days a year, then February 14 isn't going to make everything better.
DITTO
Well said

My wife and I agreed when we got married that we won't waste money on petty little gifts that nobody really cares about. We don't do Valentines, Birthdays, or Christmas gifts for each other, just Anniversary each year. We make it one good gift that is worth quite a bit, but we both love it this way.

I'm one of the lucky ones who has a wife who thinks Valentines Day, Cards, flowers, and all other similar signs of love are a waste of money.

Man, she's a champion. Seth, buy her some golf clubs to give to you for Valentines day.

The events in LA are making me very depressed right now.

Valentine's Day is silly.

Valentines Day is a trap. An awful trap.

I completely agree with you Smalls, there was an article in the paper about how Valentine's Day is 600 years old and Hallmark had nothing to do with it blah blah blah. I am glad my wife agrees that we don't do anything, when we see something we would like and it is close to a holiday we just buy it and bring it home and say thanks for the present. We never have to return anything! :thumb:

Go easy on Hallmark, theyre a KC company! Darn that American Greetings.

My wife and I aren't doing anything special. I don't need 1 day to show her how much I love her. I'm still doing something sweet for her, but it's not involving jewelry, flowers, etc. Minor success I suppose.
Dear Mikey,

I have enjoyed being your friend over the past few years. This is your first Valentines day being married. With that said, you better go big or go home, or your boys will never be loaned out to you again for weekend golf activities. Just looking out for you bud,

Your friend,

War.

I'm one of the lucky ones who has a wife who thinks Valentines Day, Cards, flowers, and all other similar signs of love are a waste of money.

Man, she's a champion. Seth, buy her some golf clubs to give to you for Valentines day.

Similar to the THP Vegas trip, the most expensive part of your plan is the pending divorce. :D

I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. My wife doesn't want jewelry, etc., for V-Day. (Although sad panda is in effect if i work late and disregard the day.) It's just the nonsense of the day and the focus on one particular day that gets to me.

Dear Mikey,

I have enjoyed being your friend over the past few years. This is your first Valentines day being married. With that said, you better go big or go home, or your boys will never be loaned out to you again for weekend golf activities. Just looking out for you bud,

Your friend,

War.

I disagree Ryan. If he goes big in year 1, then he sets the bar high and must meet/exceed it every year from here on out. Go simple and basic and make sure she knows how you feel. Time spent together > gifts, flowers, chocolate, etc.

I disagree Ryan. If he goes big in year 1, then he sets the bar high and must meet/exceed it every year from here on out. Go simple and basic and make sure she knows how you feel. Time spent together > gifts, flowers, chocolate, etc.
I knew Mikey before he got married. I know Mikey after he got married. He needs to go big, he has no option here.

I hate how few contests are available to Canadians. THP excluded.

I knew Mikey before he got married. I know Mikey after he got married. He needs to go big, he has no option here.

LOL, well I tried Ward. I say, put on your finest orange shirt and pink/orange plaid shorts and just go small scale. You should be used to.... nevermind :bomb:

I just want to hear him talk in a Non whisper voice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back