What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39-40 for a 79 in the wind/snow. Quite happy with it. 9/14 FWs, 4/18 GIR (all on the front), and 29 putts. I felt like I was making everything today.

Nice work, Damaikis. Excellent round.

Nice shooting dude you beat me by one. Had another PB today 78. Putter was really hot today and i did some of the best scrambling i have ever done in my life

Congrats on the PB!

I got out early this morning and hit the range to give the RBZ Stage 2 a little work, I just couldn't sit in the house all day with this club in my possession. After hitting a large bucket I decided to play the little par 3 course they have. I also did some e6 testing as well, quite a productive morning for me.

I shot a 74 with the par at 54. This is decent for me and my standards. The weather was less than ideal hovering around 40 the whole round and walked and carried. That actually helped me stay quite warm.

GIRs 3/18
Putts- 39

Looking at the numbers again and thinking a little more about the course the numbers should have been better. I should have had at least 6 GIRs. I am working through a putting change which lead to the number being higher but I am pleased with the progression I am making with it.

On the positive side, I scrambled so well today. Some poor tee shots left me no choice but to scramble, my short game is the best part of my game now and it helps me save holes that easily could get away from me.

Nice to get out before the snow, I dont believe the weather predictions of snow at this point. Hopefully getting out on my home track tomorrow before hockey.

38/39 for a windy 77 with fellow THPer's rafdo and SW at Osprey. The course wasin really good shape for the amount of rain we've gotten in the last couple days and the wind was vicious. All in all it wasn't hateful and the right fore arm gave me a fit.

Shot a 45/47 for a frustrating 92. It was hella windy out there and I'm not a very good wind player yet.
Fwy: 7/14
GIR: 3/18
Putts: 28
Penalties: 1

Not terrible by any means but it was a really weird round and I don't think I scored anywhere out there today. Normally when I'm over 90 it's due to 4 or 5 penalties and/or a lot of 3 putts but I only had 1 penalty today and 28 putts total. My best drive of the day (290 yards on a par 5) subsequently became my worst hole of the day...WTH? The honeymoon is over with the R11 irons apparently because I was really struggling out there with them. Couldn't hit a green to save my life and I think I found every greenside bunker on the course.
On the plus side I met some great guys and had a really fun day trying to put the ol' ball in the hole.

94 great front nine (42) bad back nine (52). A tale of 2 nines. Hit 5 gir on front 0 on back.

42/45 = 87

Played decent on front, could not get off bogey train on back. Winds continuously around 25 made for a challenging day out there today.

8/13 FW
4/18 GIR (0 on back)
32 putts (17/15)

42/45 = 87

Played decent on front, could not get off bogey train on back. Winds continuously around 25 made for a challenging day out there today.

8/13 FW
4/18 GIR (0 on back)
32 putts (17/15)

Yep...great day except for the wind.

42/45 = 87

8/13 FW
4/18 GIR (0 on back)
32 putts (17/15)

Not bad when your grinding in the wind like that. Nice score man

Shot a 41/41; 82.

10 fairways
9 greens
31 putts, w/ two 3-jacks thanks to some crazy slow greens.
No birdies today, 2 doubles that could have been prevented.

I do not function well in cold weather, add in to some ridiculous wind, so I am thrilled with the score today. Had a good day off the tee and the iron game continues to get better and better. A few less than stellar wedge shots led to both of my doubles. Putting was good, took a while to get adjusted to the slow greens and at times, it didnt matter how hard I hit the putt, it wasnt going to get there regardless.

42/45 = 87

8/13 FW
4/18 GIR (0 on back)
32 putts (17/15)

Shot a 41/41; 82.

10 fairways
9 greens

I do not function well in cold weather, add in to some ridiculous wind, so I am thrilled with the score today. Had a good day off the tee and the iron game continues to get better and better. A few less than stellar wedge shots led to both of my doubles. Putting was good, took a while to get adjusted to the slow greens and at times, it didnt matter how hard I hit the putt, it wasnt going to get there regardless.

Tough conditions for both of you guys today, but I know you both had highlights in there somewhere.

Shot a 41/41; 82.

10 fairways
9 greens

How did u do on the par 3s

Tough conditions for both of you guys today, but I know you both had highlights in there somewhere.
For sure buddy! Had some great shots and some that I would like to forget.

How did u do on the par 3s
+3... Brutal dude.

Here's the breakdown

First Par 3; Landed back of the green, didnt know speed of greens too well, 3 jack for a bogey.
Second Par 3; Pin high on the right edge, 2 putt par.
Third Par 3; Playing dead in to the wind, push my 6iron to the right behind a tree. Duff a chip, chip up to the front of the green and it rolls back off the front edge. Chip again, then 2 putt. Double bogey.
Fourth Par 3; Landed front of the green, 2 putt par.

78. Was terrible off the tee, but laser from the approach shots. New changes to my swing are taking hold.

48/45 = 93

Temp at tee time: 29°

It's not a personal best, but it is simply the most encouraging round I've ever played. I know where most of my strokes were lost, and actually feel like I know how to get them back.

I got a pretty slow start, and never quite got my driver working today. My swings on the tee box generally felt pretty stiff. That could have been nerves, trying too hard, the long sleeves and sweater, or all of the above. Most of my drives were short of where I'd like to be, and I wasn't getting very good launch angles, but only one was out of play and my second shots were actually good recovery. One tee shot did stand out, on a 258 yard par 4 I hit a beautiful 3W to about 20 feet short of the green and just left.

My ballstriking has drastically improved. I felt that my iron play today was the best part of my game. I had one 9 iron and one hybrid shot that were a little fat and came up short, but still had enough carry to advance the ball well.

Short game is what cost me today, and I blame that on rust and some pretty ugly lies. Since I've been focusing on improving everything else and not practicing around the greens, I feel confident that I can get this back in shape pretty quickly.

Good job, Shark! Short game takes awhile to get going and it sounds like you saw the improvement in your ball striking that you were hoping for.

41/41-82

Wind kicked my ass.

Windy here too. Still a solid round, Jman.

Windy here too. Still a solid round, Jman.

Thanks buddy. It was an okay day, after the round I went ahead and spent about three extra hours on the range and then on the putting green chipping, so lots of work done today since it's 78° outside.

M9 is a lethal weapon. Lethal.

78°? I hate you :devil:

48/45 = 93

Temp at tee time: 29°

It's not a personal best, but it is simply the most encouraging round I've ever played. I know where most of my strokes were lost, and actually feel like I know how to get them back.

I got a pretty slow start, and never quite got my driver working today. My swings on the tee box generally felt pretty stiff. That could have been nerves, trying too hard, the long sleeves and sweater, or all of the above. Most of my drives were short of where I'd like to be, and I wasn't getting very good launch angles, but only one was out of play and my second shots were actually good recovery. One tee shot did stand out, on a 258 yard par 4 I hit a beautiful 3W to about 20 feet short of the green and just left.

My ballstriking has drastically improved. I felt that my iron play today was the best part of my game. I had one 9 iron and one hybrid shot that were a little fat and came up short, but still had enough carry to advance the ball well.

Short game is what cost me today, and I blame that on rust and some pretty ugly lies. Since I've been focusing on improving everything else and not practicing around the greens, I feel confident that I can get this back in shape pretty quickly.

Dang man that is some good scoring in terrible conditions! Just think how good it will be in 70 degree type stuff :thumb:

38/39 for a windy 77 with fellow THPer's rafdo and SW at Osprey. The course wasin really good shape for the amount of rain we've gotten in the last couple days and the wind was vicious. All in all it wasn't hateful and the right fore arm gave me a fit.

Awesome wind round Trout! Tell old SW I said it was ok for you to take his arse to the woodshed for me :D

Thanks buddy. It was an okay day, after the round I went ahead and spent about three extra hours on the range and then on the putting green chipping, so lots of work done today since it's 78° outside.

M9 is a lethal weapon. Lethal.
Warmer there than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back