The Slot Machine Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good review Jake. Seems like a solid training device for those looking to really dial in their swing mechanics and put in some extra time and practice on the range.

Well well well. I have been looking forward to this one!

One thing from the company that stood out since it is a big problem for me is: keeps your head still and over the ball resulting in correct body ‘release’.

Another big thing I noticed from your recap is the alignment aid on the flip side when you connect the pieces.

I really do think this could be a solid long term device to fix some issues that I have....and I will likely order today. I realize that this was not something that is a quick fix as you said so I was not expecting it out of the review but hearing that the price is worth it and it is a solid training aid is what I needed to hear.

Thanks Jakester!

Great review. I like the sound of this item as I know my swing plane is usually out of whack. If this gives me a solution to use the correct plane and increase distance and accuracy it may be money well spent.

I like the fact it's an easy aid to set up and could be easily stored in a bag.

The ball position aid is a keg component for any golfer.

Nice product and great review

This really interest me and want to learn more about the swing this teaches, the path of the club. Good thoughts on this Jake, thanks for sharing.

Jake did you get any of this on Video. I'd be interested to see some swing before, during and after the use of this in a session. How would you describe the swing path?

Good review Jake. A good swing path is always the key to hitting the ball well. Thanks for the review.

This really interest me and want to learn more about the swing this teaches, the path of the club. Good thoughts on this Jake, thanks for sharing.

Jake did you get any of this on Video. I'd be interested to see some swing before, during and after the use of this in a session. How would you describe the swing path?
Sorry Freddie I did not get video. The swing path at first felt VERY outside/in and just crazy to get a handle on when I wasn't using the Slot Machine especially.

Very interesting thing is that I had my lesson shortly after wrapping up the testing on this and in my lesson he talked about getting my swing path more on the inside and swinging out (hit one over the 2nd baseman's head). That immediately brought be back to what the Slot Line does. So it was cool to get some instant proof that the Slot Machine is on the same track as my teaching pro.

Very well written Jake. Training aids like this one REALLY catch my eye/interest for some reason. Usually seems like the more simple the better.

Thanks for the review buddy!

Great stuff.

Here is a video of the device in action.

Is it just me, or do you not really need the training aid to do the drill once they tell you in this video how to practice.

Great stuff.

Is it just me, or do you not really need the training aid to do the drill once they tell you in this video how to practice.
You don't NEED it per say but I know having it for visual aid is so much easier and more effective for me. I always tend to not get the swing on the outside far enough on the take away when I don't have the Slot Machine there to aid me.

I like that when you have the swing down you still get use from the aid by using it as a guide in alignment and ball positioning as well.

$58 for two pieces of plastic(I think) with printing on them? I realize you are paying for the "teaching" so to speak as well, but seriously, no thanks. Cut that in half and I would consider it just for the ball placement guide. I have two plastic dowels I got for $10 that do the exact same thing, minus the ball placement on the flip side.

Great review, the price seems a bit high for what you get, but I certainly see a need for it for sure!

Good review Jake. Seems like a solid training device for those looking to really dial in their swing mechanics and put in some extra time and practice on the range.

So... not for you.

Very interested concept and very basic. Would be great for a swing change or just some winter use. Very nice Jake.

Any aid that works on your swing path is one that deserves a closer look. I don't know if I would spend 60 bucks on it, but the premise is a good one and it seems like it could be a worthwhile product. I am more of a drills practicer (is that a word!) and toward the end of last season the swing to first base drill was helping me.

Freddie - I hope to have one of these in hand pretty soon and I could be quite the project for this training aid. I will gladly get some video at first opportunity!

this is another training aid that i think could be very helpful but the price point is ridiculously high.... i don't get why they feel like they have to mark this up so much it can't be much to make. and another training aid that could easily be duplicated using other things i already have.

Seems like an interesting concept and one which you can set up using a spare shaft and a couple of tees.

Good review, seems like a decent aid for sure. The price does seem a little steep having never used it (seems like it should be topping out in the $30-35 range to me). But if it helps, then it may very well be worth it. I watched the video posted on the first page, and I think I may try something like this without the aid next time I'm at the range.

Great review on a product that has me intrigued.

The following video was created in an attempt to help show what the primary use of this training aid is designed to do.

Warning: NOT SAFE if you are a golfer that imitates swings that you see from others.

Side note: If you are interested in taking lessons from me.....you need your eyes checked.

[video=youtube;-ioZT3IcBqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ioZT3IcBqo[/video]

Good video Cookie. Has to be weird setting up to the ball like that.

That was B-E-A-Utiful cookie.

The following video was created in an attempt to help show what the primary use of this training aid is designed to do.

Warning: NOT SAFE if you are a golfer that imitates swings that you see from others.

Side note: If you are interested in taking lessons from me.....you need your eyes checked.

[video=youtube;-ioZT3IcBqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ioZT3IcBqo[/video]

Freaking awesome bud! I like the idea of the training aid a lot. You got a really nice tucked elbow in the downswing:) thanks for the video cookie.

Back