The best store golf experience ever!

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay so I have been looking to get fitted for my irons and have gotten some very useful info from many of you here. I have gone to all the local golf stores and was getting ready to go by some of the local clubs but then I remembered one golf store I had yet to visit. We have a store here in Hampton Roads called International Golf. They sell new stuff but have a great used section. I normally go there to sell used clubs or look for some. These guys are really nice and give great deals when compared to the chain stores. I once took an R9tp 3wood and a 505 hybrid that I had bought from them and trade them both back in. For both clubs they gave me $135. I was happy and put the money towards a Mashie 3wood. The mashie was on sale a came to $140. When I pulled out my credit card the manger told me that they did not run cards for $5 dollars or less so don't worry about it and called it an even trade. But now back to my best experience.

Today I took an ATV 52* and a 21* 909 hybrid in to see what I could get. The 909 was new and they offered me $50, I only paid so $25 so a win. Then they offered me another $50 for the ATV so now I have $100 to spend on something. I asked about their fitting process and me and the manger started talking. After about 10 min he said come on back to the fitting area. He measured me with the Ping fitting tools and according to their chart my irons need to be flattened 3 degrees. So he goes even further and says since they are slow today to go ahead and hit some balls. He gives me a Ping iron that was flattened and I start hitting balls. Every ball was in the middle of the club. So then he says hold on and puts the tape on the bottom and has me hit off the Ping board. He shows me where the ball was being hit and tells me that this is what I want.

He then says hey this is what you would have payed for in the fitting considered it a gift for a teacher. I go in there a lot and he knows I teach. I measured to have my club shortened by 1/4 inch but we both agreed that it would not hurt me to bypass. So now all I have to pay for is to have my clubs bent. We are gong to send them back to Cleveland and have them do it. He suggested this because he said that anything past 2 degrees and the cast clubs can break. This way if they do Cleveland will just give me a new head.

This guy went way beyond what he had too :clapp:. I feel very lucky to have had this happen. I can't wait to git my clubs back and hit them. This is going to be a long 2-2 1/2 weeks. The clubs have to be sent back to California.

That's awesome!

That is An awesome experience I would go back to that store many times if I were you I can't believe they actually did that for you what a great job by them. You can always rent clubs for two and half weeks

Very nice! Too bad the big box stores can't follow this lead.....

You can never beat the service of a local store with passionate employees. I wish I had a store like that around here.

Very cool dude, certainly nice to hear.

That is An awesome experience I would go back to that store many times if I were you I can't believe they actually did that for you what a great job by them. You can always rent clubs for two and half weeks

Already got a set of TM RAC OS irons from my buddy that I can use. I have been giddy all night just think about what is going to happen.

Good stuff dude!

Awesome. I love good CS stories. And someone who has a shop near them as awesome as I do.

Very cool! Glad that you found a good fit.

Wow, tough to best that experience I'd make sure to give them most my business in the future.

So what did you but with the $100

So what did you but with the $100

Nothing yet, I am going putting some of it towards getting the work done on the clubs but think I am going to use the rest to get either a New or used Mashie 3i hybrid or possibly a 56dgree as I need a new sand wedge. They had a nice used ATV56 and a Nike vr pro 56

That would be my one stop place for equipment. No doubt about it. What a great experience.

I wish there was a store that good here.

I wish there was a store that good here.

Seriously...I couldn't even get Golf Galaxy to let me on the dang Mizuno shaft optimizer without trying to charge me $50 for a full iron fitting (which, by the way, is absurd anyways - stupid box stores). That store you went to is a definite class act.

That's awesome man. That's how the guys at my local Edwin Watts treat me and that's why I am a customer for life. You just can't beat good service.

It's so awesome to hear about good experiences rather than all the bad ones floating around. that's fantastic!

That's great customer service right there, wish I had a store like that! Although, the new guy at Dick's is a lot like that in the sense that he only made me pay for the adjustments and gave me the fitting free.

That does sound like the best store golf experience ever. Thanks for sharing.

Great service story!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Seriously...I couldn't even get Golf Galaxy to let me on the dang Mizuno shaft optimizer without trying to charge me $50 for a full iron fitting (which, by the way, is absurd anyways - stupid box stores). That store you went to is a definite class act.
I agree. If your getting ready to drop a grand on irons shouldn't the "full fitting" be included?

Great story. Shame there are not more like that!

Back