Allen Edmonds - Jack Nicklaus Desert Mountain Golf Shoe Preview

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
These are the new Allen Edmonds Jack Nicklaus shoes. These are currently on their way to One-T where he will have a full review on them very soon, but we wanted to get some early pictures up for everyone.

I can honestly say the pictures do not even come close to doing these shoes justice, they look so nice in person.

i-qzXkcNP-L.jpg

i-FMTcvHW-L.jpg

i-4sTfFbm-L.jpg

Awesome! We were talking about these in the Apparel Pondering thread.

Those look pretty nice, can't wait for Jarret's review!

These look really nice and comfy too.

They kind of look like Early-2000 Sketchers to me...Hopefully it's just the photo

5786922_f520.jpg

Wow very cool. I love the style and fits the way I dress. Are these already out or is there a release date? MSRP? Thanks.

Wow very cool. I love the style and fits the way I dress. Are these already out or is there a release date? MSRP? Thanks.

They are available online and will be hitting stores soon. MSRP is $195, which is quite a bit less than the Honors Collection retails for.

Nice looking shoes.

Wow, what a classic looking shoe, I could see these being worn at the office and direct to the course. Maybe it's just me, but I love having Jack's name on them. His style was always understated and I think under appreciated!

they look like something I would wear with pants but maybe not with shorts. Can't wait to hear wat T was to say about them.

They are available online and will be hitting stores soon. MSRP is $195, which is quite a bit less than the Honors Collection retails for.

Thanks. Pretty excited and can see myself wearing these as everyday casual shoes as well. Hopefully they're comfortable. When you saw them how was the quality of the leather? Maybe it's the style of the shoe convincing me, but the Edmonds website gave it a really high gloss finish that looks like it would need to be buffed/polished and cared for.

they look like something I would wear with pants but maybe not with shorts. Can't wait to hear wat T was to say about them.

Same here. I already have some just brown leather shoes (non golf) that I wear with jeans. These could be a great golf + casual offering.

Thanks. Pretty excited and can see myself wearing these as everyday casual shoes as well. Hopefully they're comfortable. When you saw them how was the quality of the leather? Maybe it's the style of the shoe convincing me, but the Edmonds website gave it a really high gloss finish that looks like it would need to be buffed/polished and cared for.

I will save this stuff for One-T, because I am not sure I could do it justice with the quick glance I took. However I can say that I do that to all my shoes, so I might not be the person to ask.

I just looked at the site and man they have some beautiful shoes. I'm a sucker for the leather soled shoes but these that One-T are getting look comfortable, I can never have enough golf shoes.

I kinda like them!!

I like those. Remind me of driving shoes.

My those look really nice...Can wait for One-Tizzle to do his thing.

Very reasonable price for Allen Edmonds. I wear a pair to work almost every day and they'll last just about forever if you take care of them. Once they do wear out, they can be re-soled and leather refurbished because a good pair of dress shoes are hard to break in and once they fit your foot, you won't want to wear anything else.

For an Allen Edmond's shoe, that is a surprisingly low price. I've never owned a pair of their dress shoes. But, the friends I have that do have a pair, say they are the most comfortable shoe they own, and that they last forever. They just resole them once every 5-7 years.

I don't see the Skechers comparison at all, but we're all different.

Why am I suddenly liking brown shoes? First white belts and patterned pants, now brown shoes? THP what have you done to me???

Agreed. It looks like Sketchers with Adidas stripes. Spikeless golf shoes are not for me.

Awesome. Very interested to see how these shoes work during testing. I love AE dress shoes, and I know their golf shoes will be top-notch shoes. $195 is a very reasonable price for those shoes considering the quality.

I'm really interested to see how the shoes grip. I'm usually pretty skeptical of no-spike shoes, although I know that many people swear by them.

By the way, if AE sent any in size 13 that require additional testing, I know a guy... :D

For an Allen Edmond's shoe, that is a surprisingly low price. I've never owned a pair of their dress shoes. But, the friends I have that do have a pair, say they are the most comfortable shoe they own, and that they last forever. They just resole them once every 5-7 years.

They are the best dress shoes I've ever owned, without question. I have not yet tried their resoling service, but you essentially get your shoes back in brand new condition for about $60. Hard to beat.

Honestly, I think they are "OK-looking" but not for $195. I am sure they are well made and comfy if they fit your feet but I cannot justify that kind of money when I ride for all my golf.

Back