What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a solid 80 Monday. Took a vacation day to play.
The one major change I made, I gamed different irons, I took my Hogan radials in and had them re-gripped and bagged the 6-P irons. Not sure why and really don't care, but I really hit these allot better than my Burners. They aren't as long hitting but I am definitely more accurate with them and didn't see one shank all day.

First time I have had 3 birdies this year but of course they were cancelled out by a few doubles.
The driver was deadly today as I only missed 1 fairway with it, and it was a doozie!

I have to refresh the grooves on the lower irons for sure though.

shot an 83 yesterday. Not super great but it was the best 18 hole score of the year so far. The first hole is a decently long par 5 but it is possible to be on in 2 with a good drive but I snap hooked my drive into a super deep fairway bunker. Hit it super fat but got out of the bunker. Hit the next one even fatter and then still had 205 to the hole hitting 4. So of course I flushed a 5 iron to 20 feet and sunk the putt for par. Not the best driving day but I scrambled really well with a couple exceptions. Only had one blow up hole, a triple on 17 after a great drive. Then on 18 I crossed my self up and put my tee shot in the drink but was able to drop at about 135 yards out. Then I hit my second best shot of the day to 2.5 feet and saved par.

Forgot to post this yesterday, 75 (+4) 2 birdies, 1 double, 4 bogeys. Pretty good day off the tee and with the putter.
I see I have my work cut out for me.

Shot a 43 yesterday 1 double, 5 bogeys. 42% FW, 0 GIR!, but only 13 putts... My mid-irons failed me yesterday but my chipping and putting was money!

Played golf two days in a row. Sunday, shot an 89 with some poor sand shots and driving. I redeemed myself Monday with an 88, but it was on a new course, par 70, 143 slope and 72.3 rating. Driving was better and i hit some of my best approach shots in a while. I am quite happy with the 88.

I had one of the crazier 9s of my golf career tonight.. si2 was flat out unreal.

4-30.png

One putt wonder! Awsome nine, Canadan!

I played 18 at my local 9 hole muni. It's a par 31 course, shot 36-35. For the most part, I worked out the slice I had developed over the winter break. Putt just lights out, and then ruined it all with a 3 putt from 2.5 feet away. Still, I felt pretty good, and I definitely like where my game is at for only 4 rounds played so far this year.

~Rock

I am officially in a slump again. 46/42=88 92.9% FWs, and only hit 2 GIRs (11.1%). Used 34 putts with 3, 3 putts. 2 doubles and a triple. 4 of those dreaded $h@nk$. My swing is completely messed up after I hit my drive. I doubled one hole from 15 feet off of the green in regulation, no lost balls or penalities, sad indeed.

i snuck out today for a quick 9 holes/speed walk.
i actually enjoy walking and carrying my bag on days like this. working up a good sweat actually is enjoying when you're golfing.
it's my idea of a workout anyway.

hey! i shot 39 (+4) with two balls that plugged somewhere in the long, un-mowed, wet rough. never to be found again. well, at least not by me.
i'm beginning to think that my home course is easy........

I am officially in a slump again. 46/42=88 92.9% FWs, and only hit 2 GIRs (11.1%). Used 34 putts with 3, 3 putts. 2 doubles and a triple. 4 of those dreaded $h@nk$. My swing is completely messed up after I hit my drive. I doubled one hole from 15 feet off of the green in regulation, no lost balls or penalities, sad indeed.

Shake it off buddy. You will it back in time for the outing, with all guns blazing :thumb:

Forgot to post this yesterday, 75 (+4) 2 birdies, 1 double, 4 bogeys. Pretty good day off the tee and with the putter.
Great work Capt.! I was scheduled to play today but it rained buckets...

dude, you're so good....i'm slightly aroused.

How did you hit them today?

How did you hit them today?

We have a best shot of the round, what did you score? But no general banter about how your round went!

Today was weird. Streak of doubles, then streak of pars. Ended up with 94, not too good. But man did I kill the driver today. I have been hitting that thing unbelievably lately. Struggled big time with my irons. Need to fix that and I'm ready to go low!

39/39 - 78

Finished with 3 straight bogeys, ran out of gas, haven't had ANY carbs today, no bueno. Sucks too because I was playing incredible for a while there.

6 over 78 today. Played descent and getting used to my new versa

85 :( lipped out about 8 putts and just couldn't handle the 102* temps for 18.

39/39 - 78

Finished with 3 straight bogeys, ran out of gas, haven't had ANY carbs today, no bueno. Sucks too because I was playing incredible for a while there.
Nice work buddy, carb up next time and shoot even par!
6 over 78 today. Played descent and getting used to my new versa
Solid stuff FK, keep it up.

Shot 9 over.

39/42 for a 81.

Looking back only a handful of shots I would have played differently. Really pleased with how I played.

today was the first time I used my RBZ Stage 2 driver & 3 wood. on the first tee, I crushed the driver straight down the fairway 293 yards (I asked the group behind us to stand on the teebox so I could rangefind it). hole 3 I used my 3 wood off the tee for the first time & hit it 267 yards right down the center of the fairway (asked the group behind me to stand on the teebox again). I didn't measure anymore shots but my ball striking was the best that's its been all year. the new clubs gave me tons of confidence that carried over to every club

80 for me today with bogeys on the last 2. Not too bad for being the 3rd round of the year. Gives hope for the rest of the summer!

Shot a solid 80 Monday. Took a vacation day to play.
The one major change I made, I gamed different irons, I took my Hogan radials in and had them re-gripped and bagged the 6-P irons. Not sure why and really don't care, but I really hit these allot better than my Burners. They aren't as long hitting but I am definitely more accurate with them and didn't see one shank all day.

First time I have had 3 birdies this year but of course they were cancelled out by a few doubles.
The driver was deadly today as I only missed 1 fairway with it, and it was a doozie!

I have to refresh the grooves on the lower irons for sure though.

Good to hear Hotled, nice round sounds like you are on your way with this new lineup in the bag. I checked the specs for the Radials and the Burner 2.0 irons and the Radial 7-iron is 37* while the Burner 2.0 7-iron is 31*, so you are hitting about 2 clubs less with the Radials, but I would use what works and you might even consider trying the 5-iron in that set as it is 30*.

Yeah this isn't great to some of these buttttttttt......

I shot an 88 on a new course and had an absolute blast. No penalties for 17 holes, only hit the bunker 2 times, saw my first eagle slip through my fingers by an inch or two for a tap in bird, and would have been a PB 85 but I put a bit too much draw on the ball on the last hole and it bounced into the water hazard to the left of the fairway. Then when I put it on the green I twitched on my first putt and drug the putter leaving my a 14ft second so I 3 putted that pig.

Still, I have 0 complaints about the round and I'm thrilled, all that money in lessons is finally sinking in, if I was within 150 of the green today it was either on or a chutt away.

Here it is, but I have excuses!! hahahaha!

5-1.png

Double number one came from a ball that disappeared right beside the green. Not really sure how it was possible, as I saw it bounce, but whatever. No worries there. Damn near turned around on the next hole with an eagle, but settled for a birdie.

Hole number 7 I had a solid drive, and simply pulled the wrong wedge like a bonehead. Pin was in the back, and I hit it basically perfect, flying the green and landing in the pond behind it. Whoops. I then lined up my tee shot on the right side of #8 and faded a club I never fade... OB. Bummer!

Anyways, it could have been much worse. The two birdies were a good momentum builder.

Shot 45 today (just got to play 9) not to good, just had 2 pars and then ruined them with 2 doubles rite after. But hey I got to spend a day on the course so I will take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back