What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a solid 41/41 82 today. This round was awesome because my irons and wedges were just ON today which led to a couple birdies.
5 fwys (5 really close as well)
12 GIR (a new personal best)
37 putts
0 penalties
Just couldnt make a putt to save my life as the greens were wet and slow which I struggled to adapt to.

My playoff beard is coming in nicely. Hopefully we can meet up with you guys next round and we can take out the whiner in chief ourselves.

4-1 buddy! #suckit

Hahaha. Up 4-3 right now with 6 minutes to play.

Hah, i'm so happy with todays round. Tied my personal best 9hole round from last week, another 6-over 42.
The 22 hcp i joined on the 1st tee never had a chance haha :p

Started with 3 fws, girs and, consequently, pars in a row, 4 - 5 - 4. Missed a few greens in between but kept the 2-putting up for bogeys, found another par (4) on 6, and went out with more bogeys. On the last hole i found a fairway bunker off the tee and didn't get a solid strike on it, then hit the 52° a little fat so it came to rest in the fringe, with the hole at the back of the green. barely missed the 2nd putt for 41, but still happy to confirm my best performance.

40-42 = 82

+11

Bogey double finish knocks me out of 70's

Probably been 10 yrs since I shot in 70's....

Tough day today, worst round so far this year and no excuses. 50/45, just didn't have anything.

44/45=89 at the Palmer Course here at Reunion, those whippersnappers made the old folks play the same tees as them. I am just not long enough for that stuff. But it was one of the most fun rounds I have ever had. Great folks, great location.

I'm really getting into a groove. My only "mistake" came on the 9th, opting to go over trees where you can only miss with a draw, and I of course faded OB. Beyond that, I'm extremely pleased with my game. Scrambled well, had some of the best iron striking I've seen in a long time, and throwing a few darts with wedges. Great stuff.

5-18.png

4 birds nice!

shot a +4 front of 51 (playing of a solid 22 CONGU HC) then a 37 back coming in with a gross 88 (-3) front nine was mainly getting my driver sorted and back nine was playing normal,aim is to play to 18 within 18 months time.oh...holed out for birdie on par three,chip in from bunker so very pleased.

Why is it you can be going along very nicely, and all of a sudden, it's like you forgot how to hit a golf ball. I believe I was 3 over after 6 and then it went away completely after the approach on 7. I don't get it. 45/52. Not a happy person right now.

Why is it you can be going along very nicely, and all of a sudden, it's like you forgot how to hit a golf ball. I believe I was 3 over after 6 and then it went away completely after the approach on 7. I don't get it. 45/52. Not a happy person right now.

I think that might be why golf is so addictive.. Awesome one hole, horrible the next.

hang in there dude.

Played a lackluster 44/38 82 today. My score is great in my books but the way it went down wasn't cool.
5 fwys
6 GIR
32 Putts
0 Penalties

Same score as yesterday when I had 12 GIR and couldn't putt, which I much prefer over the scramble-a-thon I participated in today.

Friday I played one of my best rounds in a while (didnt screw the pooch on the back nine)
Northgate Country Club in North Houston
35-35=70 Blue Tees 2 under par Bridges/Creek 9's
Rating 71.8 Slope 144
4 birdies 2 bogies

5 over 76. Made the turn at +4 but battled back. Mix of clouds and rain. Good round.

screenshot20130519at956.png

Darn triple...stupid decisions... :D

Castor, 2 birdies though. Silver linning to every cloud buddy

Castor, lots of good in that round... 5 single putts, only 1 three putt, one sand shot.
Can you describe the first hole? Interesting that 6i off the tee

84 yesterday on the Palmer course.

1 bird, 1 triple, and 2 doubles

Should've been better but I will take it.

What did you shoot today?

Castor, lots of good in that round... 5 single putts, only 1 three putt, one sand shot.
Can you describe the first hole? Interesting that 6i off the tee

It's short par 4, 240-250 yards. It's hard to go for the green with a drive since there's a large pond front of the green and OB behind the green, hence a mid / short iron just short of the bunkers is perfect.

It's the hole on the left.

una7a7u7.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368963936.042384.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368963936.042384.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
I feel your pain on the triple bogey. Actually thought I had hit in the water but found it in one of those half sand/half grass lies. Proceeded to chunk into a deep bunker and 3 putt from off the green. I wish I had just hit in the water, the drop zone was much more forgiving! The rain stopped on 11 so I am happy with how I recovered from a front nine where I couldn't see a GIR through my towels, umbrella and rain gear! Trying to keep dry is really annoying.

ScreenShot2013-05-19at81106AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back