TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing - Live Update Thread

Game is a little, a erratic right now. However I'm really really impressed in the slotted irons right now, the sound is completely different, for those that didn't like it last time it's totally different with these. That's a great thing.

I can't wait to hit the clubs with the speed slots. Might be the biggest thing I look forward to in regards to the irons themselves, as compared to their Rocketbladez compadres.

Game is a little, a erratic right now. However I'm really really impressed in the slotted irons right now, the sound is completely different, for those that didn't like it last time it's totally different with these. That's a great thing.

All good man, I appreciate you giving some initial thoughts. Go have fun out there and I bet the game will follow suit

That was my main issue with the rbladz before. I look forward to hitting them myself and more insight thanks James.

Top line looks R9-ish

Mikey Likey

more muted?

Anyone else there yet trying these out?

Have a great time this weekend guys....can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new irons.

The gap wedge looks a little less "ATV-ish" to me as well... glad to hear the sound has changed in the slotted ones vs the Bladez, I still hear coments about it when I'm playing with guys who haven't heard it before. Wonder if the sound change is due to the shape change in the slot.... great pics, keep em coming!

I've got a feeling there is going to be a lot of quality feedback coming on these.

I genuinely walked away quite impressed today. JB nailed it, tech/distance of the bladez, look of the 2.0's and sound of the R9's. I cannot wait to get out with these again, especially since things were finally coming together with my swing towards the end today.

Having no experience with the RBZ's.....what kind of forgiveness you seeing early James?

Any word on how they cut through the rough?

I've got a feeling there is going to be a lot of quality feedback coming on these.

I genuinely walked away quite impressed today. JB nailed it, tech/distance of the bladez, look of the 2.0's and sound of the R9's. I cannot wait to get out with these again, especially since things were finally coming together with my swing towards the end today.

Sounds like a winning combo right there...

The rough is pretty gnarly in spots here and nobody had any real issue with it at all.

So Jman is impressed and the rough isn't an issue.... They're gonna have lots of fun this weekend :)

could you talk about what flex are you playing in the stock shaft, how it feels, and how it fits with your swing (tempo, speed, etc)...thanks...

That gap wedge seems quite versatile, I like the styling and performance they've tried to put into a GW different from the rest of the set.

I've mentioned it in the preview thread for the irons. How easy is it to flight the ball low or hit a low stinger and what shaft flex are you using when you do it?

Look forward to hearing about that from everyone.

~Rock

I've mentioned it in the preview thread for the irons. How easy is it to flight the ball low or hit a low stinger and what shaft flex are you using when you do it?

Look forward to hearing about that from everyone.

~Rock

I hit some flighted shots today with no issues. Stock stiff shafts for me here.

Jman I am liking the looks of these things more and more. I am also intrigued when you say the sound is much better than the RocketBladez. So they dont sound like you are cracking the head every time you hit a ball flush?

I hit some flighted shots today with no issues. Stock stiff shafts for me here.

Quit showing off! Wait for the rest of us. JK. Can't wait to get my hands on these. I'm sitting in the shuttle impatiently waiting for luff's clubs to show up. Be there soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

great looking irons. Can't wait to hear more from this weekend!

can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts and perceptions

R9 sound you say? Do they feel like the R9s too? If so I could game them in a second. Wow do I love my R9s.

Back