The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was bank owned over priced in the neighborhood. ..I've already moved on don't have time for some of these clowns

I have seriously never heard of anyone having this much trouble finding a house. Are you set on foreclosures? I've heard that whole process can be a huge PITA, but sometimes it can be worth it if you find a bank that wants the property off their books. Though as someone said, they might be willing to hold it with prices expected to rise so they can either gain or take less of a loss.

I have seriously never heard of anyone having this much trouble finding a house. Are you set on foreclosures? I've heard that whole process can be a huge PITA, but sometimes it can be worth it if you find a bank that wants the property off their books. Though as someone said, they might be willing to hold it with prices expected to rise so they can either gain or take less of a loss.

Nope not looking at foreclosures just happened that 2 of them were bit it's been a small percentage of what we have looked at. Just some folks primarily that are asking way more for a house than its worth.

Rootin for ya Doug! Did you shotgun a beer?

Charlie doesn't like the new couch. He hasn't been on it yet, at least while we were around.

Rootin for ya Doug! Did you shotgun a beer?

lmao...no...she doesn't consume barley and hops. Come to think of it we haven't even partaken in any libations of that nature. Good memories for sure and that comment brought back some good memories. IOWA go figure! Yep...IOWA lives on...

This one was bank owned over priced in the neighborhood. ..I've already moved on don't have time for some of these clowns

Bank owned is tricky. We got lucky with ours 3 years ago.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Nope not looking at foreclosures just happened that 2 of them were bit it's been a small percentage of what we have looked at. Just some folks primarily that are asking way more for a house than its worth.

Seems like you've been looking for forever. How many houses has it been so far?

Great last dinner of the year in Vegas. See you next year Vegas

Great last dinner of the year in Vegas. See you next year Vegas

Just popped up and what better banter than to thank you again for your help in Florida. With the strict regulations and such, we went with the GC as I told you and the job was signed off last month. Bigger and better venues to come we hope, but thank you for taking time out of your schedule to at least look at what I was asking for!

Safe travels!

Just popped up and what better banter than to thank you again for your help in Florida. With the strict regulations and such, we went with the GC as I told you and the job was signed off last month. Bigger and better venues to come we hope, but thank you for taking time out of your schedule to at least look at what I was asking for!

Safe travels!
hey no worries and in glad that worked out. Let me know if you need anything else

Just got an email from a lady who loves the quote I sent her and wants me to write a policy on her home, her car and her two daughters cars. Problem is that I can't get her to tell me which quote she wants to go with! I showed her four different ways on her home and three different ways on her car and six different ways on her kids cars (same way as hers but also with and without good student discount)!

Just got an email from a lady who loves the quote I sent her and wants me to write a policy on her home, her car and her two daughters cars. Problem is that I can't get her to tell me which quote she wants to go with! I showed her four different ways on her home and three different ways on her car and six different ways on her kids cars (same way as hers but also with and without good student discount)!
Always go,with the high quote and she will tell you if you incorrect.

Always go,with the high quote and she will tell you if you incorrect.

I go more with the give the customer options route. I have sold more often when I let them make the decision rather than tell them what to do. In fact, many have told me that's why they went with me, more than the price. Sometimes we are even higher, but they liked the fact I gave them choices. I prefer to give them an apples to apples quote and then a couple options.

When you're giving the high quote, I found you just don't hear back from them. I'd rather beat what they are paying by a ton, and give them the coverage they need (many people are way under-insured, and oftentimes I get them better coverage and still save them a lot). That way we have wiggle room for rate increases. And there will be rate increases.

Need help on a shipment.

We have the opportunity to take possession of a Cub Cadet RZT 50 zero turn mower for FREE.

There's some issues with this I'm hoping someone can lend some advice on. The mower is in Indy.
We live in 650 miles from there. Neither of us have a vehicle with towing capabilities. We are trying to figure out if shipping options exist.
I would seriously hate to lose out on a sweet mower because of location.

My first thought was to use the website that show Shipping Wars uses. LOL
Second was, "I wonder if we could just drive it into a POD".

Ideas?

Did you check Greyhound? I know quite a bit of guys use them shipping car parts... ??

Edit: Looks like 100 lbs max.

Seems like you've been looking for forever. How many houses has it been so far?

Ive been in 60+ made offers on 4 or 5 I think

Have only really been actively looking since end of September, it was off and on before that.

Need help on a shipment.

We have the opportunity to take possession of a Cub Cadet RZT 50 zero turn mower for FREE.

There's some issues with this I'm hoping someone can lend some advice on. The mower is in Indy.
We live in 650 miles from there. Neither of us have a vehicle with towing capabilities. We are trying to figure out if shipping options exist.
I would seriously hate to lose out on a sweet mower because of location.

My first thought was to use the website that show Shipping Wars uses. LOL
Second was, "I wonder if we could just drive it into a POD".

Ideas?

Rent a truck and a trailer. A two day rental would be worth it for what you are getting! You don't know anyone with a truck with a tow hitch who would let you borrow the truck? (Or any vehicle with a tow hitch really, the mower doesn't weigh that much!)

Rent a truck and a trailer. A two day rental would be worth it for what you are getting! You don't know anyone with a truck with a tow hitch who would let you borrow the truck? (Or any vehicle with a tow hitch really, the mower doesn't weigh that much!)

This would be my suggestion as well.

You could check a freight company for their rates, but I suspect you'd save a bunch by renting a trailer and making the trip.

Been a rough few days around the Jman household, the Doc and I after much round and round have decided we won't be adopting the little boy. Would just be too hard right now and end up with me essentially being a single dad with a newborn for the first year with her schedule. Rough decision, but for the best in the long run.

Still, truly mixed emotions around here.

Been a rough few days around the Jman household, the Doc and I after much round and round have decided we won't be adopting the little boy. Would just be too hard right now and end up with me essentially being a single dad with a newborn for the first year with her schedule. Rough decision, but for the best in the long run.

Truly a tough one there. Solid reasoning by the sounds of it. Love and support is always needed, and if you choose, there will be a right time.

Best wishes!

You've been in my thoughts man, I know you have a ton emotionally going on right now with that on your mind.

I'm here if you need anything at all!

You know it's the right decision, when you its right it will feel right.

James, I've been thinking about you guys. Ultimately, sounds like you made the right decision even though I am sure it is extremely tough.

Chin up James, you and the doc will come out stronger after it. When it's time it'll happen!

That's a tough call, James. I'm glad that you and your wife didn't just get excited about a new baby and that you deliberated about the decision first. As many have said on here (particularly in the parenting thread), kids are awesome, but they are an incredible amount of work and stress.

I've not had the pleasure of meeting your wife, but I think you would make a good dad (2:00 am short game sessions notwithstanding). The right opportunity will come along for you both, and you're both still really young. No need to jump into something unless it is the right situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back