The 2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - Meet The Bear Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like an amazing event, I would love for my first time playing a PGA Tour course to be with a bunch of THP'ers!

Nice Duffer. Just a heads up however, that Palm Beach is quite a way away from Disney.
Thanks for the heads up. 2.5 hours per Google (thanks jstew) Weekdays after school is in session shouldn't be too bad.

I think my wife is catching on. As soon as I brought up going to Disney World she said "when are the forum guys playing there? ":eek: :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Good location for this event!

I'm hoping to make 1, just 1 THP event next year. With all the great events you guys have, it is impossible to single out a single event to shoot for.

Well done 411...well done! Holy cow working this week has taken away from all the excitement...wait, not all....YES!!

The Bear Trap with a group of THPers competing in an amazing tournament for prizes is going to be something special.

This might be the toughest course we play all year.

Wow! Nice place! I bet this sells out in record time!

The Bear Trap with a group of THPers competing in an amazing tournament for prizes is going to be something special.

What a tough and competitive venue for the championship, a perfect pairing!!!

I was always jealous of hearing guys talk about THP's previous trip to the Bear Trap, but now I will hopefully get a chance to make the trip and get to play this amazing course with some great THPer's in a competitive setting....I can't imagine much better.....well except being able to hoist the trophy at the end of the event!

This might be the toughest course we play all year.

Slope of 145 I think? Yeah the championship will certainly be won/lost there

According to Golf Digest, it was the hardest course on the PGA Tour in 2013 I believe.

That course is a major test of your ball striking skills when the wind is up. Being that close to the Atlantic, I can't think of a time when the wind isn't a factor on that course. Some holes (hole 6 for example) were a 5i to a front pin at roughly 155 that still barely carried the hazard. Very next hole on that short'ish par 5, driver 9i. Between that and the pristine yet fast rolling greens and you need to make sure you give your full dedication and concentration to every shot you play.

Very envious of those who get in and here's hoping I can squeeze in one of the spots!

According to Golf Digest, it was the hardest course on the PGA Tour in 2013 I believe.

Then I expect low scores from thpers on Sunday. ..since we are as long of hitters as them :)

I haven't played the course yet, but I've attended the Honda classic the last 3 years and that Bear Trap is brutal. #17 par 3 is dead into the wind and over water. If you miss left, you're in the bunker and you better not hit it thin or you're in the water. Miss right, and there's more water. That hole may decide the winner.

Fine, I can't take it anymore. Win at Lake Charles or not - we are in.

Your dead right Canes. My group played that hole from the back that day to experience it. Wind was crazy.
We all went a bit left being fearful of the water.

What an amazing venue. I don't know how THP keep's outdoing themselves. You guy's are incredible.

Yeah, I freakin want to be a part of this, bad.

Your dead right Canes. My group played that hole from the back that day to experience it. Wind was crazy.
We all went a bit left being fearful of the water.

That must've been sweet. I'd like to try it from the tips on #15 as well. I had two chances to play this year with the South Florida PGA but work got in the way. Ain't happening next year!!

That must've been sweet. I'd like to try it from the tips on #15 as well. I had two chances to play this year with the South Florida PGA but work got in the way. Ain't happening next year!!

You got the dates for this one now. Mark it down on the cruise calendar.

I am going all in for this. I figure I'll have free flights by then too so it should be even easier to get a trip taken care of.

Let me tell you guys how excited I am to go to PGA National and see the event played on the same course the PGA Tour plays on each year. The same course that has held a major. And the same course that has so many accolades.

Spoke to Bridgestone today and they are so excited for this event that they cannot wait to assist in making this one special.

Putting in work with the wife. I am cautiously optimistic

Let me tell you guys how excited I am to go to PGA National and see the event played on the same course the PGA Tour plays on each year. The same course that has held a major. And the same course that has so many accolades.

Spoke to Bridgestone today and they are so excited for this event that they cannot wait to assist in making this one special.
I'll be there with bells on.

the CHAMPIONSHIP this past year was an outstanding event, and to see it travel to PGA National and the Bear Trap is incredible. A TRUE test of your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back