Cleveland Classic HB Putter Line Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely like the look of the Cleveland ClassIc line. I am interested to see how it stacks up to the Smart Square overall. Love the engraving and the head cover. Great write up and review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the milled face on these, although I wish they hadn't stamped the words on the face.

One of THE most underrated lines of putters out there. I truly believe that.

Very informative review here James! For some putters are about looks or prestige, for some it's all about performance. It looks like Cleveland has delivered a product with solid styling, legit milling, at a LOW price point.

Not sure if Cleveland will ever be known for their putters, but between classic styling here and the design of the Smart Square, they are off to a great start for 2014.

Very informative review here James! For some putters are about looks or prestige, for some it's all about performance. It looks like Cleveland has delivered a product with solid styling, legit milling, at a LOW price point.

Not sure if Cleveland will ever be known for their putters, but between classic styling here and the design of the Smart Square, they are off to a great start for 2014.

For me, I never would have thought about them when looking for putters, but the Smart Square, and now the classic line really make me rethink that. Seems like they're offering a little something for everyone, from innovative new designs to classic styling for the traditionalist. Thanks for the great review, James!

I have to admit, I do still like the classic look in putters. In the end, though, it's all about what putter gives you confidence when standing over a putt. Love that this line gives so many options.

Great review James. A Classic shape and milled face for $99? Seems like a winner to me. I also like the finish and look forward to rolling one soon.

Outstanding write up dude, I love the look of these and gravitate to black putters. The price point on these make them really attractive to me as well. Looks and performance for under a C note!

Can't wait to see/try that HB-6 in a store, thing looks sweet

Nice review James, I rolled one in GG yesterday. Will probably pick one up for 2014.

I really love the new black pearl finish. Ive tried some of the putters in the past and they didnt have the "feel" Ive experienced with other OEM's, but seeing the information about this year's having the deep milling has me eager to try them out.

Always have been a fan of the line and still have a #3 in my collection. I think they offer probably the best value in putters from any of the major companies at the moment. Nice to know that you aren't sacrficing feel with this line. Always a good read when you talk putters James. Thanks.

I liked the look of the 6 in the initial preview thread, and my opinion hasn't changed - could definitely be tempted with trying one of those out when I find them over here

Nobody reviews putters as well as you do James. So nice to see an OEM offer such a solid line of putters at this price point.

Great review James. Really enjoyed that, as I have long been a fan of these underrated putters. While they might get overlooked by some, you gave some good info that will make people take another look at this line. I know I am a fan, as the Cleveland line of putters have always worked so so well for me.

James' original post about these was the reason I bought my HB 10, and I don't regret it at all. Well done, good sir.

I do like the $99.00 ppt as well. It's a great clean look and I don't feel like I'm breaking the bank. Gives it a bit of a bump over the Smart Square in that area.

BLACK PEARL!!!! Yes!! This has quickly become my favorite finish as of late and add the milled finish on the face makes it that more intriguing! For the $$$ this has got to be right up there for many to at least take a look at. Thanks for the write up James!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I do enjoy reviewing putters!

I have a Cleveland classic putter and love it. Everytime I think about getting a new putter I think to how well I use this one and stop.

All classic lines right there. I'm digging the Balck Pearl finish just wonder if they are good enoigh to knock out the gamer in the bag.

I love the look of the finish and at that price point you can't beat 'em!

The HB 4.5 is definitely not the style I like, but the HB 6 is one I could get into. Good price, too. I have yet to hit any Cleveland putters, so I am not sure if they would work for me, but when I see one, I will try it!

James comes through again. Loved the review man. Ever since your preview of them with the explanation of the deeper milling, I've been hooked. Love the finish and it's a great price!

Back