The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man with a plan...well done!

Man, as one who left his prior Morgan Cup experience with those regrets we keep warning folks of, there is no chance I am doing that again this time.

Man, as one who left his prior Morgan Cup experience with those regrets we keep warning folks of, there is no chance I am doing that again this time.

You and me both. Love seeing this.

Yes sir, while I was happy with how I played last year there is always room for improvement. So first goal is to get back to 2013 form and then turn it up a notch from there

EFE44DDF-DF4B-4B3C-9FEE-5B4940110BDE_zpstzzbvgnq.jpg

Well it's a good thing the winter is finally breaking up north, the Callaway net was a little wounded after tonight. Decided to ramp to to 100% and let some fly. I felt surprisingly good. Felt mostly flush shots tonight which is good. New moves are becoming more engrained each night. It's weird, the hip bump felt so unnatural before and forced but now it's just a part of the swing. Courses are opening next week around here and I can't wait to get out there.

Woke up this morning and my back was killing me. I wondered if it was the 18 holes yesterday or walking 18 holes with my bag. Thought I'd take the day off, but back was fine this evening, so I figured I'd work on some drills in my backyard.

My teacher gave me a 5 foot long 2 foot wide rectangular piece of cardboard that he wanted me to stand up in my backyard directly to the right of me at address to prevent coming in to the inside on the backswing and/or laying off. So I set it up and worked on not hitting the cardboard, as I felt I was laying off a little during yesterday's round. I had no problem clearing it, but I suspect it's more a problem with my long irons and I was only using a 8i tonight. Did that for a while, then hit some whiffle balls to put it together. Something tells me I can't do enough drills to groove a more on plane back swing. Probably more tomorrow with long irons and the hybo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regrets and 2nd chances are great motivators. Nice Donne.

Yes sir, while I was happy with how I played last year there is always room for improvement. So first goal is to get back to 2013 form and then turn it up a notch from there

You played well before the Ultimate Amateur Event last yr and can't wait to see where your game is this yr before it.

Need to get back on my putting. Had a bad back nine and was three putting everything. It especially stinks when you get on the green on 2 for a par 4, 3 for a par 5 and 1 on a par 3 and three putt it. Will get on it tomorrow night and get it back to working.

Really good range session tonight. Went with the odds and hit the 5 iron so good off the turf. That's the one club in the bag that I need more confidence on the course and tonight was a big step in that direction.

I had about 25 balls left over so I worked on simulating 9 holes and my routine. I even put the headcovers back on just to get as close to the course routine as possible. I should do this more often.

2 hour lesson scheduled for Saturday so looking forward to seeing some video. Hope we can get out on the course and focus on course management too.

#BearTrap

Last night I took my 60 degree wedge out front and worked on 1/4 and 1/2 swings. Really focused on accelerating through the ball, and trying to get consistent distance out of those swings. Since I'm not hitting into a green, it's tough to gauge how much spin I'm getting on the ball, but I'm getting a good idea of how far these shots will carry. I'm planning on focusing on these types of shots the next couple of weeks heading into #theKing.

I have what will probably be my last lesson before #theKing tonight. I don't want to let my head get too cluttered with new movements right before the event.

I think that's a pretty good idea CC. At some point, you are bringing the game you built no matter what else you do. I think getting out on the course will give you a feel for actually playing again. Good thinking with focusing on those touch shots, because that always takes a little time to develop.

I'm heading to my range early today to work on the stuff my coach talked about in lesson #2. Later in the afternoon I have some THP'ers (Atlgolfer, flog2424, & vman) heading to my course for some golf and I can see how my practice works under pressure. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm heading to my range early today to work on the stuff my coach talked about in lesson #2. Later in the afternoon I have some THP'ers (Atlgolfer, flog2424, & vman) heading to my course for some golf and I can see how my practice works under pressure.

Relax and swing that golf club OG. Leave the range thoughts on the range :)

I think that's a pretty good idea CC. At some point, you are bringing the game you built no matter what else you do. I think getting out on the course will give you a feel for actually playing again. Good thinking with focusing on those touch shots, because that always takes a little time to develop.

When I was out last weekend, those were the shots where I was throwing away strokes the most. I was leaving many of those touch shots short, mostly because I didn't know what yardage I was going to get out of whatever swing I was going to take. There's still plenty of time to focus on this, so I'll have a good idea of what to expect out there.

Hit 100 full shots last night with another 100 wedge shots working on some flighting and target practice.
Was one of those good nights where I didn't really miss a shot badly, although I wasn't getting after the driver like I normally do.

I'm heading to my range early today to work on the stuff my coach talked about in lesson #2. Later in the afternoon I have some THP'ers (Atlgolfer, flog2424, & vman) heading to my course for some golf and I can see how my practice works under pressure. :bulgy-eyes:

Let me see...how can I put this......to quote a certain member on here.....take 'em to the woodshed :D

Have fun out there on the course today all 4 of you

I will be heading to the range tonight to try and attack the 45 / 75 and 90 yd greens at the range with my PW again - it is just a shame I can't judge the spin (or lack of) that I might get due to how the range is set up, but my usual aim is to try and land the ball short of the flag as I usually expect some roll out using the e6 so anything inside the markers that they put on the green (I must find out what diameter that circle is...) is good enough for me

I've got a MobiCoach lesson tonight via the SwingTip and their new teaching setup for a review that also just gives me more practice time. It'll be interesting to see how it works and how it goes, instructor is in Cali and will be giving me live feedback.

That's so interesting to me on a number of levels - logistics, effectiveness, etc. Can't wait to hear how it turns out James.

I've got a MobiCoach lesson tonight via the SwingTip and their new teaching setup for a review that also just gives me more practice time. It'll be interesting to see how it works and how it goes, instructor is in Cali and will be giving me live feedback.

Very interesting indeed, looking forward to your thoughts and how effective this is.

Well that's kinda cool. I'm sure the review will have more details, but does it work through the program itself or is a third party program like Skype required?

Very interesting concept, looking forward to your thoughts, especially since you are into some lessons already

That's so interesting to me on a number of levels - logistics, effectiveness, etc. Can't wait to hear how it turns out James.

I'm just interested most to see how simple it is. If its streamlined then it could be very cool.

Very interesting indeed, looking forward to your thoughts and how effective this is.

Technology is getting crazy.

Well that's kinda cool. I'm sure the review will have more details, but does it work through the program itself or is a third party program like Skype required?

As far as I know it works through the program itself, they told me all I need is my SwingTip and the app installed on my phone. If I had had an iPad with a front facing camera I was going to get to see what the instructor does as well but no such luck.

Very interesting concept, looking forward to your thoughts, especially since you are into some lessons already

Yep, it'll be interesting to see what he says based on the data he gets and how similar it is to my pro.

I can't wait to hear about this. I got that SwingTip device as a christmas present. Have only taken about a dozen swings with it though just to fool around with.

I can't wait to hear about this. I got that SwingTip device as a christmas present. Have only taken about a dozen swings with it though just to fool around with.

Their software has improved a ton since the initial release, and implementing Jeff Ritter into it was brilliant. I like it because it not only tells you numbers but also what those numbers mean and specifically what to work on to improve in that area. Its still my favorite of all the swing devices.

6 inches of snow on the ground. I am finally able to go to my golftec lesson. Last 4 times I scheduled a lesson I had to cancel due to work. Excited to go get a lesson again

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back