Tiger Woods Next Major Win

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay THPers. We have a question. Tell us when you think Tiger Woods next wins a major, which major it is and why you think he wins that one. Or tell us why you dont think he will win another one.

You tell us. When and where.

I think he will get one or two more, but they will be down the road when things just kind of "click" and we see flashes of the old Tiger. I know he can hit the shots, I know he's Tiger, but mentally he isn't the same Tiger and I think that has been the issue more than anything in the majors and honestly I believe it will continue to be so.

I pick the 2015 Open Championship at St. Andrews. Its a course he has won 2 majors on and was in OK position after 36, holes the last time it was there.

If he were to win one this year I'd pick the PGA, but I'm not betting on him winning one this year anymore.

I think he'll get a few more. Its hard for me to say when exactly and which ones but I honestly believe he isn't done winning them yet.

If he's pain free, Valhalla. I don't think the Hoylake conditions will be firm and fast enough for him to take driver out of play again. Plus, his putter has been weak in the big events.

Augusta, sometime probably 2016. Why? Because I think that is when he may start clicking after a season under his belt with his new "back" swing.

I definitely think he wins some more but predicting the when and where is near impossible for me. Some guys much smarter than I already offered some solid suggestions so I'll just take a wild guess and say the 2015 Masters since his game still looks a good bit away from the complete package. Long winters rest and health will have him on all cylinders in early 2015.

2015 Masters.

A healthy Tiger is unstoppable at Augusta.

I don't think we will see another Tiger Major win until next years Open Championship. Why? It will be more than a full year removed from his back operation. Plus, it's back at St. Andrews in 2015, and he seems to always play well there.

I honestly don't know if he wins another major. I also wonder, if he doesn't win another major in the next 2 to 3 years, does he hang it up?

I still think he wins a couple more. Even though the two remaining this year are on tracks he has conquered, I think the 2015 Masters is the next one.

I honestly don't know if he wins another major. I also wonder, if he doesn't win another major in the next 2 to 3 years, does he hang it up?

My thought is will his body continue to allow him to play in 3+ years

This is very much my thinking. I don't thinks he hangs it up however.

I think he might steal one at Hoylake or Valhalla this year. No reason why, but I don't know if he is all that far off. He was below his standard at Congo, but that isn't exactly the easiest course in the world to get back into tournament golf at.

Could be the 2018 Masters though, who knows. I do think he is too good and eventually will get another one. Especially if he has found his "MJ fadeaway" he referenced in his press conference.

I think if he wins another it will be the Masters but I'm not so sure he wins another, his swing is really too inconsistent anymore and it looks like he's lost his focus. I say that as a pretty big fan too and I also think a lot of energy is gone between he and his caddie, there's no electricity to feed off of.

I have wondered this EXACT same thing. At what point do the frustrations and questions do their damage and he just says "enough".

I would venture to say if he doesn't win one by the 2016 masters I can see him hang it up. He seems much more family oriented now and majors are all he seems to care about. Maybe play the masters for years to come but that would be about it.

I pick the 2015 Open Championship at St. Andrews. Its a course he has won 2 majors on and was in OK position after 36, holes the last time it was there.

If he were to win one this year I'd pick the PGA, but I'm not betting on him winning one this year anymore.

I agree with Deano here. If it happens it will be here.

Otherwise like others have said I'm not so sure he wins another one.

I agree with Deano here. If it happens it will be here.

Otherwise like others have said I'm not so sure he wins another one.

Since we agree it must be true

I say no more. He just doesn't have the edge he once had and his health will continue to be a issue for him.

I have wondered this EXACT same thing. At what point do the frustrations and questions do their damage and he just says "enough".

I don't see him going out on anything other than the top. I'd really hate to see him go down like a NFL QB that stayed to long.

Maybe he will cut us a check when it happens.

We have a better chance of getting a high five from Bubba Watson

He will never win another major. With all the concern over his back people seem to be forgetting his short game has been mediocre for years. Tiger is no more.

2014 PGA Championship. He plays well at Valhalla

Back