Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

Will our staffers fit in those boxes?

Go to Goodwill, buy a bag for $6. Use it for practice rounds and leave there. Bring home all clubs on plane in staffer.

It's 15" x 15" x 48". If someone can grab a measurement from a full size staffer and confirm then were good. I can track down a bigger box if needed as well.

I shipped the 2013 Bridgestone US Open bag in one last week with no issues.

Go to Goodwill, buy a bag for $6. Use it for practice rounds and leave there. Bring home all clubs on plane in staffer.
Only concern on this plan I'd the weight. I don't know what my bag weighs, but can anyone who travels with clubs more often fill me in on what 2 sets of clubs in a staffer would weigh?

Only concern on this plan I'd the weight. I don't know what my bag weighs, but can anyone who travels with clubs more often fill me in on what 2 sets of clubs in a staffer would weigh?

I think as long as you removed everything else from bag you would be okay. Could be close though.

I haven't even been weighed last 2 times through though.

They have travel bags for $50 that fit staffers?

Yep cheap used ones or old model bagboys--thinking about cookies idea of checking goodwill too!

And also, I'm bringing a stand bag in my big travel bag on the way out and shipping my stand bag back and taking my staffer as a checked bag.

If your bag weight is more than 50lbs then on American Airlines it goes up to $100 for bags between 51-75lbs.
I think I could spread the weight between two nicely on the return to keep it under 50 each. I still have 2 carry-ons.

I'm just going with the ancient pos stand bag and trashing it, probably won't bring a full set for the practice wounds either

I just wanted to confirm that these changes were in fact made by my contact. We are all set from a villa stand point for the MC.
I moved you into Villa 13-G with M. Peterson, Seth "shine bright like a' Diamond and Ryan Whittman. I will tell the resort to open your room back up for rental. You guys are now spiltting a two bedroom villa four ways at $159 per night

My cart bag inside my travel case with one set of clines weighed roughly 43 lbs. So I'm not sure what a staffer with two sets will be.

Looking into shipping tomorrow. I might just buy another travel case and just bring two

It's 15" x 15" x 48". If someone can grab a measurement from a full size staffer and confirm then were good. I can track down a bigger box if needed as well.

I shipped the 2013 Bridgestone US Open bag in one last week with no issues.

I've shipped a staffer in that exact measurement. It's snug but it does fit. You'll look like Mike Dean trying to pack a staff bag into a travel case but it will fit.

I just wanted to confirm that these changes were in fact made by my contact. We are all set from a villa stand point for the MC.

Thanks for taking care of this, Freddie!

So looking into options for clubs thought I'd check out American's baggage policy and found this but about golf clubs:
One golf bag containing no more than 14 golf clubs, 12 golf balls and one pair of golf shoes

Don't know if that is enforced at all, but might put a snag in my plan.

Most say that, but I've never had a problem as long as the weight was in line.

Luckily I did check my travel documents today...my passport has expired...luckily I got it handled quickly and I should have a new one already today or latest by tomorrow.

Should be strolling into MB 2 weeks from exactly now!

Can't. Freaking. Wait!!

It's 7:30 at the TB range and I should be arriving there right about now for a morning round in just two short weeks.

JM

It's 7:30 at the TB range and I should be arriving there right about now for a morning round in just two short weeks.

JM

So close but yet so far.

Need to throw a HUGE shout out to Freddie for taking care of my accommodation changes last week on such a short notice. Not one complaint from him amidst everything else going on in his day to day life!

Thanks Man!!!

Back