What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain Dent...Inclimate weather and terrible putting killed me. Worst round of the year....but theres always tommorrow!

I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day, not too bummed about it because of the eagle I got. Short 470 yard par 5, hit a nice drive and had 180 out, hit a great 7 iron to 9 feet and drained the putt.

Congrats on the Eagle, Dent!

I shot a 91 on the Champion course today. I was so proud of myself for breaking 100! I only lost 1 ball all day and it was on the one of the Bear Trap holes. The wind was very strong and very challenging. The greens were way too fast for my skill level. I played with Mary, Jen, and Sarah. We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot of pictures to post when I get home on Monday. Stay tuned!

Shot a 43-37 80. Bad start and good finish.

managed to squeeze in 9 (fam was in town)
started off horrendous with a double... got into the trees and couldnt get out
then i settled down and started hitting the ball decent
besides the first tee i was hitting it pretty well
approach shots were iffy
chipping/pitching was pretty decent
putting shoulda been much better

Shot a 100 even today on the Palmer course :)

just got off the "palmer" 144 shots. All but 5 hurt, and none made me happy!!

Last edited:
probably the most complete golf i've ever played. all the practice is finally starting to peek its head into my game on the course.

played a little par 30, 9 hole course in Hayward, CA. greens were so nice and soft early in the morning.

2 birdies!, 3 pars, 3 bogies, and a QUADRUPLE BOGIE!! (driver to some trees. driver hitting 3 from tees again, landed in front of a fairway tree and had to lay up to fairway, then capped it off with a 3 putt! yikes) 15 total putts - by far the best putting I've ever had over 9 holes. every hole I was gaining confidence. I actually felt comfortable putting and had positive, confident thoughts when standing over the ball.

so over nine holes on a par 30, i'm quite pleased posting a 35 after having a blowup quadruple bogie. take away that hole and i would only be 1 over par.

probably the most complete golf i've ever played. all the practice is finally starting to peek its head into my game on the course.

played a little par 30, 9 hole course in Hayward, CA. greens were so nice and soft early in the morning.

2 birdies!, 3 pars, 3 bogies, and a QUADRUPLE BOGIE!! (driver to some trees. driver hitting 3 from tees again, landed in front of a fairway tree and had to lay up to fairway, then capped it off with a 3 putt! yikes) 15 total putts - by far the best putting I've ever had over 9 holes. every hole I was gaining confidence. I actually felt comfortable putting and had positive, confident thoughts when standing over the ball.

so over nine holes on a par 30, i'm quite pleased posting a 35 after having a blowup quadruple bogie. take away that hole and i would only be 1 over par.

Awesome round Jbar!

Shot an 89 at the PGA National Palmer course today. After 3 rounds of golf and 2 demo days, I can barely get around. I'm exhausted! We had such a good time and can't wait to share pics with you when we get back home.

A hugh congrats Mary for a great round. Those Florida courses ate me alive, both days. I shot a 99 today, haha, and felt like I was doing ok to the most part.

My game is generally all about putting and chipping, but I couldn't do either today and as short as I drive it made for a tough time. But, meeting everyone made it all a fantastic time, (especially you and Gray).

Thanks for a great time everyone. (If I were a redneck... I'd know how to dance!)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I went out and posted a terrible 99 today :at-wits-end: :angry:. today seemed like I hadn't swung a club in a year or something. I topped the ball, I hit it fat, I hit the ball off the toe, and off the heel. Heck i even hit the ball on a practice swing :at-wits-end:. I was really frustrating myself today. However had a good time with my friends with alot of smack talk going on. I will be back out tomorrow and then the first of next month i will be getting some lessons from the new pro and have some things to work on till next spring.

A hugh congrats Mary for a great round. Those Florida courses ate me alive, both days. I shot a 99 today, haha, and felt like I was doing ok to the most part.

My game is generally all about putting and chipping, but I couldn't do either today and as short as I drive it made for a tough time. But, meeting everyone made it all a fantastic time, (especially you and Gray).

Thanks for a great time everyone. (If I were a redneck... I'd know how to dance!)

Due, you certainly know how to dance and I have proof to share! I guess that means you're a redneck!!! Can't wait to start the redneck thread with your videos. Haha! You are such a wonderful person and we enjoyed your company so much!

Played with hawk, yoccos, and JB on the palmer. All three were fantastic to share a round of golf with. Yoccos can crush it (roadhouse), hawk's chipping is scary good, and JB's ability to get up and down when he has to is annoyingly good.

I lost money to JB today and whilst I'm not happy about it, you couldn't lose to a guy more fun to golf with. I had him too and just blew it up on the back nine, including a highlight reel 12 on the par 5 18th! Went out in 39 and came home in 53 for a crowd pleasing 92 baby! And I'm $10 poorer.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Played with hawk, yoccos, and JB on the palmer. All three were fantastic to share a round of golf with. Yoccos can crush it (roadhouse), hawk's chipping is scary good, and JB's ability to get up and down when he has to is annoyingly good.

I lost money to JB today and whilst I'm not happy about it, you couldn't lose to a guy more fun to golf with. I had him too and just blew it up on the back nine, including a highlight reel 12 on the par 5 18th! Went out in 39 and came home in 53 for a crowd pleasing 92 baby! And I'm $10 poorer.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Ouch TC...well JB was saying on the practice green that you were better when money was not at stake haha. I birdied 18 after 3 very very good shots, and made a 12 footer to end my day with a 96. Didn't have much in his round. Perhaps it was the events of the previous night that interferred with my game. Played this round with Bulldog and White Rhino. THP outing was fantastic, I can't wait to get to the next one.

I hit decent all weekend in shooting an 87 on the Champion while playing with Fildini and tcalloway- that round was possibly the most fun I've had on a golf course in my entire life that day. Oh yeah and I birdied 17 on the Bear Trap! That will go down as the highlight of my golfing life to this point! (From the tips no less)
On the Palmer I shot a 84 that if not for a complete brain fart on number 15 (I think) I could have broken 80. I nailed irons all day and while hitting the Mach Speed a mile I could not always keep that in the fairways. Played with Due, Uncle Daddy, and thanks on the Palmer. Great course and a great group- Uncle Daddy and Duey were snake biten, that always makes me smile!

Saturday on the Champion Course I was in rough shape. My feet were killing me and my arms were burning from the sun so I shot a 120 and to be honest I am pretty sure it's higher but that's what the scorecard said. I got to play with Adams_Girl and she was a blast to play with. She hasn't been playing that long but she has the motivation and drive and it's truly admirable and I am confident she is going to be a great golfer in no time. She hit some amazing shots and she can crush her driver. She was a ton of fun to play with and I hope I can play with her again soon.

On Sunday I played with Mary C. and Mrs. DDec and that was a blast! We were cursing at our golf balls and yelling at our clubs and we laughed the entire time. I shot a 115 (52/63) because the back 9 kicked my butt! We all had some great shots and some bad ones and lots of funny stories. I duck hooked a shot because I thought there was an alligator behind me but it turned out to be a turtle haha.

I have thought about playing golf again today but instead I have a 7 hour spa day ahead of me, it's going to be a rough day ; ) I can't wait!!

Love hearing about the Florida rounds.

GG, enjoy your day!

Played three rounds over the last 3 days.

Saturday, played with Hawk, Thanks, PR Guy and shot 85 on the Champion Course including playing the Bear Trap holes from the tips. I played well enough and hit the ball well enough to shoot 78 that day. Just nothing clicked. I could have shot 178 we had so much fun though.

Sunday played with TC, Hawk, Yoccos on the Palmer. I shot 88 and really thought I shot about a 95. Only hit 3 irons all round and that was because I am a terrible golfer. I was laying up to 185 so that I could hit hybrids. TIme for a switch to HB3s I think. I have never laughed so hard on the course in my life as I did with these 3 guys. TC is my brother from a different mother, except clearly mine was better looking...hehe

Monday played 18 9 Iron Man. What a blast we had playing 18. Shot 81 and hit the ball really really well, just had two doubles that crept in to get me back out of the 70s. Like I said about hawk before, 9I will be in the low 90s within 12 months. He has a pretty swing, just struggles with consistency. But it did not matter, because he is a freaking blast to play with.

All in all, my scores were not great, but I had a great time playing.

Spoiler
And I did not get a 12 on the 18th Palmer Course.

Hey JB, which course did you guys play today? Nice 81 dude, that place had double bogeys all over the place if a guy slips up just a bit. (All courses!)

Hey JB, which course did you guys play today? Nice 81 dude, that place had double bogeys all over the place if a guy slips up just a bit. (All courses!)

We played the Squires. It was a fun course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back