Poor Northerners: When is the Last Time You Played?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
It's been seven weeks for me. We had a deep freeze, then 20 inches of snow. It's starting to melt, but the weather folks are calling for another snow storm this weekend.

Usually we get some kind of "warm-up", i.e., low-40s, so a golfer can at least get in a round or two, but no such luck this winter. This is the longest I've gone without playing golf.

What about some of you other folks that live up North? Any luck getting out and playing?

This will be week 7 for me. I did get out to hit full lob wedges about 4 weeks ago though.

I haven't played since mid October.
I never thought I'd be this affected by golf withdrawal.

Nine weeks. And my tennis elbow is still not better. I'm beginning to worry.

Kevin

haven't played since mid November but the course by hawk is open all year round with temp boxes and greens so if Tue snow is gone after the giant melt we just had I am thinking of manning up this weekend .

7 weeks for me as well.

I am going to a golftech and rebuilding my swing from the ground up, so I have been swinging a lot recently. I haven't hit any full flight balls in forever so I don't even know what ball flight I am getting from my new swing. I have no plans this weekend and if it is still nice I'll try to get on a course or at least to a heated range. I am playing with Gray in GA here in 2 weeks, so I would like to know just how bad my game will before getting on the course there... oh, and its going to be bad!

Played mid November I think. So 7 weeks aswell.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Last edited:
Hang in there guys, spring will be here before you know it.

Its only been about 7 days for me, but I am on the last day of my 10 day vacation today and I only got in the one round of golf because since then there has been too much frost too open the courses.

October 2...

It's pretty intense from May to September with around 15-17 tournaments. I like to think that having such a long off-season keeps me motivated and hungry, but right now I dunno.

Mid November for me. I'm sure it will be early April before I get out again. Same thing every year here.

Sunday November 14 I got to play 6 holes.

November 11th was my last round and my next will be in mid-april if I'm lucky.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, so five weeks. I've been thinking of gutting it out before we get more snow if the 'year-round' course is really open as well.

7 weeks for me as well.

I am going to a golftech and rebuilding my swing from the ground up, so I have been swinging a lot recently. I haven't hit any full flight balls in forever so I don't even know what ball flight I am getting from my new swing. I have no plans this weekend and if it is still nice I'll try to get on a course or at least to a heated range. I am playing with Gray in GA here in 2 weeks, so I would like to know just how bad my game will before getting on the course there... oh, and its going to be bad!

Looking forward to seeing you again Kyle :thumb:...

I hit balls yesterday and played a round right before Christmas, of course all indoors, one in a dome and the round in a simulator but hey I'm hitting the ball and it's better than nothing. Normally in the winter I'd pack it in but this year I have made the decision to take advantage of the opportunities that we have and hit all winter long. Real golf on a real course though was just before Thanksgiving.

haven't played here in NY since early november. ground is frozen solid and all the courses have the greens covered.

Hopefully today I break the spell. Lots of frost out right now but after lunch it should be closer to 45* instead of the 25* it is right now. And no wind.

Just did a little looking and found a heated outdoor range and a simulator about 90 minutes from here. I will definitely be heading there after the TM irons get here.

Yesterday. It was chilly out (3 Cek, 37 Far), but sunny and gorgeous so I wandered to a local par 3 and played a couple of rounds.

Lots of guys out there trying out wedges and putters they got for Xmas heh.

Nov. 7th with the THP crew was my last round, and it's killing me! Last year I was on the range by March 1st and played my first round on March 19th, so if this year is similar I'm only 60 days from getting back to it :banana:

I feel for you guys.. at least THP is here as a sort of outlet ....

I played Sunday, it was 35 when we teed off, and warmed up to the mid 50's by lunch. I feel for y'all, I b*tch about the heat but truth be told I prefer it over the cold now.

Back