Poor Northerners: When is the Last Time You Played?

If any northerners wanna come down south and golf in Mexico let me know, mi casa es su casa!

It's 6 weeks and counting! Last round was 11/23/10 and unless I get a cheap flight, the next round is months away!

I got a round in 12/29/10, a nice 45* day. the grounds were still frozen so getting a tee in was difficult and some greens still had snow on them but it felt great to play. I think the 40s is my cut off point as far as playing.

Mid October for me. I had a brutal fall and only got out 3 times from the mid of Aug. to the end of the year. Friggen life getting in the way.

First part of November for me outside.
But I have been playing in a simulator league every week since then.

If any northerners wanna come down south and golf in Mexico let me know, mi casa es su casa!

Where in Mexico are you Ripper ?

My last game was early-mid October if I am not mistaken. It's been WAY too long.

For me it was 19 Nov. It was raining hard, but it felt good. Only two more months waiting for the next round

Winter came a bit early for us this year, so maybe we will get lucky with an early spring. Yes wishful thinking. First round was March 26 last year.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Everytime I now see this thread it reminds me that we have 90 days of winter yet to go......lol. The older I get, the more I hate winter!

Everytime I now see this thread it reminds me that we have 90 days of winter yet to go......lol. The older I get, the more I hate winter!

As we live in the same state, I can feel your pain. I am heading to NC in a few weeks and I am for sure taking my clubs. There are two courses at Lejeune that I am going to try to play, but time will have to be made as I am quite busy.

If it is any consulation, here in mid Georgia we are experiencing freezing rain and we won't be able to play for a few (2-3) days. I know that isn't long, but we are experiencing some of your pain.

I played 9 holes on 01/04/2011 when the temperature temporary reached 48 degrees during the afternoon, then it went back to being in the high 20s low 30s with strong wind. Best decision that I made so far in 2011, leave work early to go play, hahaha....

Where in Mexico are you Ripper ?

Mexico City... Its a 3 hour drive to Acapulco and a lot of nice courses are within an hour of here....

The weather is supposed to be back in the 50's this weekend and the golf is back on. We have one Northener coming down to Georgia to play golf with myself, KellyBo, & Setho. RxGus is flying in Friday to Hartsville International, rent a car, and head to Gray,Ga for a mini Southeastern outing! RxGus & Setho are staying with KellyBo and myself and we look forward to beating some balls this weekend. Maybe we can take a pic or two of this rowdy group for your viewing pleasure :D

Colour me envious Gray!

I was driving to work today, stuck in traffic, in the freezing temperatures and driving rain, wondering if I'll ever get out to play on a nice day again.

Colour me envious Gray!

I was driving to work today, stuck in traffic, in the freezing temperatures and driving rain, wondering if I'll ever get out to play on a nice day again.

Paulo -- it is still cold in Georgia today and Thursday too. I think they said the highs would be in the low 30's with wind chill feeling like 20,s. Thursday just a bit better and Friday we are keeping our fingers crossed. We need that freaking ice to melt, so Rxgus want have any problems in Atlanta. I wish you could come over to join us :thumb:

We just got nailed with another Nor'easter. Ugh. I'm getting depressed...

Winter sucks and is too expensive.

still hoping for a 365 days of holiday cheer just to keep me from spending money. I wasn't planning on keeping anything this time around (well, maybe the GPS) but it still kept me from buying :D

We just got nailed with another Nor'easter. Ugh. I'm getting depressed...

Same here - there is now almost 24" of snow here, no longer on the roads but on all the golf courses... it will likely be mid April before any courses open up here. Boo!

We just got hit with 10 inches. On top of the 31 that we got last time. (over half melted). Been hitting in the garage some what. Winter sucks

I feel for you guys up north. We just got about 6 to 8 inches of snow here in Huntsville, Alabama and the low temperatures are causing it to stick around Some of what melts freezes.

We get excited about snow around here because it's somewhat rare, but I've had enough this year!

I haven't played since October 15th. I'm getting really worried about my playing time this year as I'm taking a full time job with the golf course this summer.

I was lucky enough to get out the first of Dec., but up here we could be covered till mid April or things could warm up and see us playing by late Feb., won't hold my breath.

Still cold here in Kentucky and just waiting for a good day...have the itch sooooo bad!

Back