THP Newsletter #1 Arrives

Mines on the BB, can't wait to check it out. I'll look at the pictures real quick now and read the rest from the road, lol.

and what about in hand pics of the Nike irons? hehe

Not coming until next week. Newsletter will offer a lot of that over the coming months.

Not coming until next week. Newsletter will offer a lot of that over the coming months.

very cool! I look forward to these.

my only knock is something that's aesthetic. up in the header, below your logo, why not just have it say: www.thehackersparadise.com instead of http://www.thehackersparadise? i think it would just look cleaner.

I actually agree with you 100% and that may have been my fault when I was messing with the html stuff. Rbelbin was teaching me things and then I was trying to mess around with it to see if I could figure things out. I may have done that one. But I agree we should just have www.thehackersparadise.com in there.

I actually agree with you 100% and that may have been my fault when I was messing with the html stuff. Rbelbin was teaching me things and then I was trying to mess around with it to see if I could figure things out. I may have done that one. But I agree we should just have www.thehackersparadise.com in there.

well, i'm glad i could help. as long as there's no mention of the haney project on the newsletter....ever, i'm good.

hahaha...you doont stop

I want to say OUTSTANDING job on the first issue! This is going to be huge, great work THP!

Got mine....7AM on the dot. Great stuff. Pretty good Volume 1, Issue 1.

PROS:
Each article is precise and to the point
Really like the fake mailing address. :rofl:

CONS:
I'm not a fan of pastel, or soft colors.

The VR writeup on page 1 says 'continued on page 3'. The newsletter doesn't have page numbers. I know that when scrolling down, I would eventually get to it. But, what about a hyperlink where the 'continued on page 3' is, so I can immediately move over to that page/section and continue reading. As the newsletter gets, hopefully, larger, this could be pretty handy.

IDEAS:
1. How about a trivia question in each newsletter with the correct answer appearing in the next newsletter? Not necessarily a contest, but hey this is THP right?
2. On this month in golf history.
3. On this month in THP history.

+1, I just finished reading the first issue and it was a great read.

Got mine and it great. Not too overloaded with info, so it's a nice light read, which a newsletter should be in my opinion. Great job THP! I'll be looking forward to the coming editions!

Got mine....7AM on the dot. Great stuff. Pretty good Volume 1, Issue 1.

PROS:
Each article is precise and to the point
Really like the fake mailing address. :rofl:

CONS:
I'm not a fan of pastel, or soft colors.

The VR writeup on page 1 says 'continued on page 3'. The newsletter doesn't have page numbers. I know that when scrolling down, I would eventually get to it. But, what about a hyperlink where the 'continued on page 3' is, so I can immediately move over to that page/section and continue reading. As the newsletter gets, hopefully, larger, this could be pretty handy.

IDEAS:
1. How about a trivia question in each newsletter with the correct answer appearing in the next newsletter? Not necessarily a contest, but hey this is THP right?
2. On this month in golf history.
3. On this month in THP history.

I like these ideas. I forgot about the fake mailing address. I was going to say THP much really be a big deal now that they have a street named after them! :D

my only knock is something that's aesthetic. up in the header, below your logo, why not just have it say: www.thehackersparadise.com instead of http://www.thehackersparadise? i think it would just look cleaner.

I'll take blame for this one. Case of a lazy copy paste job.

Also staticline. Linking to other sections in a newsletter email is a great idea but due to how the email may be formatted by the process that sends it, it may not be possible. Worth looking into though.

I like the newsletter though. Succinct and well laid out. Great job team THP !!

A section for "upcoming THP Events & Contests", maybe with a 3 month rolling schedule, would be cool. Newsletter members would have exclusive knowledge of upcoming contests and drive themselves insane trying to guess the contest and the prize.

I'm now imagining the March 2011 Issue with this section:
May 21st 9:00pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:05pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:10pm give away divot mat
May 21st 9:15pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:20pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:25pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:30pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:35pm give away divot mat
May 21st 9:40pm give away something awesome
May 21st 9:45pm give away something awesome

Very impressive first issue. The layout was simplistic and clean, and the articles were relatively short in length (as I think newsletter stories should be). Overall, a great building block into a project I think will become very popular amongst us members.

Thanks for mentioning it came out - it had snuck into my spam folder! Close call and it looks good.

Nicely done team THP.

I think the compact articles are suitable for the format.
I look forward to getting many more.

I got nervous that mine wasnt there but found it in the bulk mail folder.

I thought it was very good, had good info, right to the point about stuff and I liked the pictures you gave with the items. Good stuff!

Curious how many people voted?

I voted.

Haven't received mine yet!

I checked and it wasn't there, then spam folder, and there it was. Oh, and I voted too.

Did you check your spam folder? Everyone should have theirs by now. However, we did have 2 bounce backs and 1 of them has already been fixed. Maybe the other one is you? Feel free to PM me if you want and I can look to see if yours bounced back for some reason. We definitely want to make sure everyone gets their copy.

Haven't received mine yet!

Back